| FTBL At the risk of having Saban yell at me...

Argo

Here is Ian's latest.

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2008/02/defensive_coordinator_kevin_st.html

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele staying at Alabama

TUSCALOOSA -- University of Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele has decided he will stay with the Crimson Tide, according to sources close to the situation.

Steele, who has worked under coach Nick Saban for one season at Alabama, had a second interview with South Alabama for its head coaching job on Thursday. He also was under consideration for the vacant defensive coordinator position at the University of Arkansas.

Steele was considered the front runner for the South Alabama job; it was unclear whether Steele was offered that job.

See Monday's Birmingham News for more details.

At the risk of sounding cocky I never worried about this one iota. I know you don't believe me, but it's true. :) I think part of the reason I never worried was because of the origination of the rumor. You'd think by being called out just the other day he'd be a little wiser.

Porterhouse said:
Now I hope Steele does leave so that Saban will yell at Ian for getting it all wrong again.
Spite. Nose.

Nose. Spite.

By the way, this development appears to be a change of mind on Steele's behalf. It was pretty much understood just a few days ago that he would take the Arkansas job. At least it was pretty much understood by my buddy pretty close to the situation. And Arkansas seemed to be the destination, not Mobile.

That said, USA could not have made a better hire in my opinion. They will first and foremost need a CEO-type HC who will spend 28 hours a day, 9 days a week, 400 days a year recruiting - and Steele is one of the best at that part of the job.

Porterhouse said:
alagator said:
Porterhouse said:
Now I hope Steele does leave so that Saban will yell at Ian for getting it all wrong again.
Spite. Nose.

Nose. Spite.

Sarcasm.
Yeah, I know. Both of us.

Should have included a smiley face or something to make myself clear.

And off topic slightly, this Super Bowl is boring as heck. Rest of the family has given it up and put in a movie, and I have retired to my study to watch it and spend a little time on the ol' 'puter to see if there is some new 'crutin news for UA (and UF).

alagator said:
Porterhouse said:
alagator said:
Porterhouse said:
Spite. Nose.

Nose. Spite.

Sarcasm.
Yeah, I know. Both of us.

Should have included a smiley face or something to make myself clear.

And off topic slightly, this Super Bowl is boring as heck. Rest of the family has given it up and put in a movie, and I have retired to my study to watch it and spend a little time on the ol' 'puter to see if there is some new 'crutin news for UA (and UF).

I figured you knew, but I wanted to make that clear. :lol:

I'm watching it (the SB), but it isn't quite as exciting as I thought it would be. It has kept my attention enough to keep me from throwing the steaks on the grill yet though... :oops:

These commercials are the worst ever. The only thing remotely entertaining so far has been the halftime show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Argo said:
These commercials are the worst ever. The only thing remotely entertaining so far has been the halftime show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Yeah, I keep thinking, "They paid 3 million dollars for that (30 seconds)?"

Although, it really makes getting Saban seem like a steal when you look at it that way. :lol:

The game (SB) was a boring game until the last 10 minutes or so. But, back to Bama football why was Steele even thinking about leaving for Arkansas? I don't see where that job in Fayettville is better than the one he has in T-Town.

RTR,
Cory

ElephantStomp said:
The game (SB) was a boring game until the last 10 minutes or so. But, back to Bama football why was Steele even thinking about leaving for Arkansas? I don't see where that job in Fayettville is better than the one he has in T-Town.

RTR,
Cory

Maybe a quiet raise, or just being respectful, is my thought.

Argo said:

Now you can't sit there and tell me that you did not laugh at the AMP commercial with the fat guy and the jumper cables on his boobs!

Back
Top Bottom