| LIFE As a side note (RE: The Chinese balloon.)

Finally shot it down once it got off the coast. No offense to Montanans, but the likelihood of debris striking a human there, not great.

Chinese "weather" balloon, out of control, decides to loiter over ICBM sites...

I'm thinking someone didn't want anything around @TerryP home!

In his statement, Austin said American fighter aircraft “successfully brought down the high-altitude surveillance balloon launched by and belonging to the People's Republic of China (PRC) over the water off the coast of South Carolina in US airspace.”

China just sits there and slaps us in the back of the head, kicks us in the ass, and mocks us. And we just sit there and take it. They love to test us to push the boundaries on what we will allow, this was their latest "test". I'd imagine even they were astonished (yet delighted) that our feckless, weak, box of rocks president allowed the balloon to traverse the entire US before doing anything about it. And Biden once again shows that whatever decision he makes, is the abustle worst possible option. I'd rather our nation was in the hands of a Magic 8 ball.

For all of Trump's faults, and Lord there were many, at least he understood the idea that America was the lion, not the gazelle. He'd have shot that balloon down the minute he got the ok from the military, and had it aired on all the networks with Lee Greenwood singing away in the background backdropped by red, white, and blue fireworks.

Ran across this the other day from WSJ. The article was free to read the day it came out, but isn't now, so I'll link Yahoo instead.... but I was pleased to see someone(s) actually stand up and say "no" to them (assuming it sticks). I believe DeSantis and FL have led the charge against China's land buying game though... and god for him and FL for doing so.

China just sits there and slaps us in the back of the head, kicks us in the ass, and mocks us. And we just sit there and take it. They love to test us to push the boundaries on what we will allow, this was their latest "test". I'd imagine even they were astonished (yet delighted) that our feckless, weak, box of rocks president allowed the balloon to traverse the entire US before doing anything about it. And Biden once again shows that whatever decision he makes, is the abustle worst possible option. I'd rather our nation was in the hands of a Magic 8 ball.

For all of Trump's faults, and Lord there were many, at least he understood the idea that America was the lion, not the gazelle. He'd have shot that balloon down the minute he got the ok from the military, and had it aired on all the networks with Lee Greenwood singing away in the background backdropped by red, white, and blue fireworks.
Don' t You know China is all good...they support our downtrodden poor under privilege NBA players with Nike and such...I know it's only a few million $$$, but they're doing the best they can. :rolleyes:

The balloon flyover may nave been way more sinister than what has been bantered around. Who is in the know enough to say positively this was the first one? Our own government has been flying balloons to spy on us for quite awhile now. There are probably 4-6 up there right now.

Who is in the know enough to say positively this was the first one?
Government says this is the 5th one they know of. Three during Trump and 1 previous during Biden. This is supposedly the first one that went this far. Trump, of course, denies that but to be honest I doubt he knows what was going on during his term of office except what he deemed tweet-worthy at the time.

EDIT:: Also, this was from a few years back just to confirm your other point..

Last edited:
Government says this is the 5th one they know of. Three during Trump and 1 previous during Biden. This is supposedly the first one that went this far. Trump, of course, denies that but to be honest I doubt he knows what was going on during his term of office except what he deemed tweet-worthy at the time.
The punchline normally follows ... just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom