| FTBL Article from CBS

bamabass23

Verified Member
I got this quote from CBS sports.

Tell me can we just get credit when we are due? I am just really tired of hearing people say that we arent good...Clemson was just overrated or they did not try, Blah blah blah!

We played a dang good ball game Saturday night, and to all the haters or whomever....deal with it! Suck it up! We were just that good Saturday night! I realize it was just one game and I know that. We need to concentrate on every game. By all means I am not saying national champs but...I am saying that on August 30th, we whooped Clemson tail. Dont excuse it by saying they did not try because every team does try. They were just out played!

Thanks I will get down from my soap box now... :wink:

The overreaction: Alabama will win the national championship.

The measured response: Whoa there, hoss. Let's start with the SEC West and go from there.

The feeling here is that Alabama isn't as good as it was Saturday night because, unlike Clemson, other opponents will actually try.

If 'Bama is going to do anything, John Parker Wilson has to have a big senior season. The best news is that Wilson and new offensive coordinator Jim McElwain seem to be clicking. Parker has probably had fewer girlfriends during his Alabama career than OCs. It's time for stability.

'Bama can win the West -- let's start small -- because of that defense that smothered the Tigers.

"What our players need to understand, what our fans need to understand, what everybody needs to understand, it's one game," coach Nick Saban said.

...or maybe I interpreted it wrong???

TerryP said:
The overreaction: Alabama will win the National Championship.

Has that reaction occurred?

Not that I have seen or heard, they just wish we were that stupid. Sorry its one game at a time. Plus it is the media...and CBS to top it off. Who cares what they think. Hopefully the team proves to all the critics what a real football team they are this year.

I love what we did to Clemson as much as anyone, and I've got a drawer full of crimson colored glasses, but I (and most all of you as well) have seen so many hopes go up in smoke since CGS retired that I am not even taking Tulane for granted.

Personally, I am glad that there are publications out there that are still writing things like this about us. As a young team I think we are extremely vulnerable to complacency, and articles like this tend to keep teams, especially young ones on more of an even plane. I think the exposure is great for the program, but I just hope that our players don't come in to any of these next games with the attitude that they are world-beaters. I know Saban is going to warn them against getting over-confident, and probably already has, but ultimately it is up to the players to be mature and come out and continue to work hard and continue to improve week in and week out. And I think articles like this make it easier work the young players to stay grounded, and the SI cover hype makes it harder for them.

TerryP said:
The overreaction: Alabama will win the National Championship.

Has that reaction occurred?

I'm sure there are a few tards yelling about it, but as for the rest of us. Well I've yet to see such statements printed here or any where else. Has anyone here seen such a comment?

I have a friend that's a Tennessee fan and he predicted before the game that Clemson would win. In his mind they were the better football team.
Now that we won his reaction? Well I think Clemson was overrated and just wait till Bama plays teams in the SEC.
You see they can't have it both ways. You can't just think Clemson was all that and than because Bama beats them, well than their a Bad team now.
Don't think so.
Bama is much better than people think.

TnTidefan08 said:
I have a friend that's a Tennessee fan and he predicted before the game that Clemson would win. In his mind they were the better football team.
Now that we won his reaction? Well I think Clemson was overrated and just wait till Bama plays teams in the SEC.
You see they can't have it both ways. You can't just think Clemson was all that and than because Bama beats them, well than their a Bad team now.
Don't think so.
Bama is much better than people think.

I agree!

National championship? Heck I am just hoping Bama doesn't have a let down for Tulane! Play down to competition's level. Go in and whips somebodies butt that they are supposed to. Winning the West is too far off for me.

Back
Top Bottom