| FTBL Arky's Defense....not so good

TWJUA

Verified Member
TOTAL DEFENSE G Rush Pass Plys Yards Avg TD Yds/G
10.Arkansas............ 1 162 214 80 376 4.7 3 376.0

Sorry its kinda jumbled. They gave up 376 yrs to Troy, at home.
I know they lost a lot on defense from last year's team, the one we hung 23 (or more) on them last season. I'm liking the play of our O-line and Grant, and then the poorish Arky defense. I know they have only played 1 game, but that defense should have played better than that. This might be a bigger game for this Arky team than they think. At T-town too.

I think we match up pretty good. Both teams "D" is the question mark. We know they are going to run McFadden and Jones. The biggest thing will be slowing them down because I don't think it will be possible to stop them completely. If we can stack the box and keep those RB's contained and force the QB to throw we should be ok. I feel pretty good about our offense and think home field gives us the advantage on this one.

TWJUA said:
TOTAL DEFENSE G Rush Pass Plys Yards Avg TD Yds/G
10.Arkansas............ 1 162 214 80 376 4.7 3 376.0

Sorry its kinda jumbled. They gave up 376 yrs to Troy, at home.
I know they lost a lot on defense from last year's team, the one we hung 23 (or more) on them last season. I'm liking the play of our O-line and Grant, and then the poorish Arky defense. I know they have only played 1 game, but that defense should have played better than that. This might be a bigger game for this Arky team than they think. At T-town too.

The combination of Harrison and Robinson in the middle will be a tough match-up. Stats against Troy don't mean a lot to me when looking at this upcoming weekend.

I feel good about the game. Based on, our ability to make Dick put it in the air 20+ times and if we can hold their rushing game to @200 yards.

I did a little research and from looking at this. We held arky to 172 yards rushing and 97 yards passing last year. Mcfadden has 25 carrys for 112 yards last year. So Id say if we can do this good last year with a kines defense we can do a lot better this year with a Saban defense. So The Tide wins you heard it hear first.

BigAl said:
I did a little research and from looking at this. We held arky to 172 yards rushing and 97 yards passing last year. Mcfadden has 25 carrys for 112 yards last year. So Id say if we can do this good last year with a kines defense we can do a lot better this year with a Saban defense. So The Tide wins you heard it hear first.

nice research, that must have been exhausting... I hope your team thinks the way you do too. If you would have really researched you would see that AR didn't get Dmac, Jones, Hillis and Co. going until the Auburn game last year. Then came the Wildcat/Wildhog soon after. Just as soon as you stop his run, Dmac will torch you for a passing score. Stack The Box... PLEASE!!! If we beat you without a running game, I can't wait to see what we do with it!

My feeling is that it will come down to either turn overs or to the field goal kickers.

If we come away with the "W" and putting a dent in McFaddens' Heismen pursuit, I will be very happy.--Both of which I feel we can do.

RTR

LBS said:
My feeling is that it will come down to either turn overs or to the field goal kickers.

If we come away with the "W" and putting a dent in McFaddens' Heismen pursuit, I will be very happy.--Both of which I feel we can do.

RTR
If it comes down to field goal kickers i think we're in trouble.

RUN DMC said:
BigAl said:

nice research, that must have been exhausting... I hope your team thinks the way you do too. If you would have really researched you would see that AR didn't get Dmac, Jones, Hillis and Co. going until the Auburn game last year. Then came the Wildcat/Wildhog soon after. Just as soon as you stop his run, Dmac will torch you for a passing score. Stack The Box... PLEASE!!! If we beat you without a running game, I can't wait to see what we do with it!

A valid point responded to with inane banter. [sarcasm]color me shocked[/sarcasm]

porkchop said:
Terry he's just mad that McFadden is the only quarterback they have. I'd be bitter too.

I am not mad or bitter, just trying to have some fun... McFadden could be the band director and beer guy during timeouts and I wouldn't be bitter... With that said, the best QB we have is probably in the stands somewhere, however,its still funny that I see the same talk week after week about how all teams need to do to win is to contain the run, contain the outside, stack the box, keep the running game under 200 yards. Those are not the keys to beating us. The keys to beating us in my opinion are winning special teams and coaching... these are always our biggest weaknesses, except for last year when you were worse than us in both. No hard feelings guys, and I am happy to post here.

i would be more concerned with your own d then ours. we will run it down that soft d all day sat.. just wait. we also have our top d lineman back this week so that will make us even tougher..i honestly believe d mac and jones will rush for 250 to 300 yards on your d. we arent vandy

razorback07 said:
i would be more concerned with your own d then ours. we will run it down that soft d all day sat.. just wait. we also have our top d lineman back this week so that will make us even tougher..i honestly believe d mac and jones will rush for 250 to 300 yards on your d. we arent vandy

We aint Troy, We will see Saturday.

razorback07 said:

How are those Springdale recruits doing for you? :roll:

This is CRAP. I can't take it anymore!! Look, Vandy is better than Troy, what about your "soft" d? The defense is worse than it was last season and you rely too much on "DMAC". Think about it! Every mention of "win" and "Arkansas" in the breath has some kind of prayer for McFadden thrown in.

Watch those precious Hogs drop down the polls further than Nutt's belly laps his sweatpants band.

Our offensive line is the second most experienced in the SEC; I don't care what you guys say about your linemen, the holes will open up and Grant will bust through.

By the way watch out for Javier Arenas, he has a tendency to set the tone for the entire game right away.

Bama 28
Hogs 9

razorback07 said:

By no means am I surprised that Harrison is back. I expected it.

Yes, you are not Vandy. They tend to have the ability to realize when they have a valid point to make and also know the difference between feeble attempts at smack talk versus talking about the game.

Oh, and if I may add, they don't treat message forums like text messages.

Back
Top Bottom