| FTBL Arenas self-imposed gag order ?

jdpas29

Verified Member
now this is serious...

from Tidesports.com

"Arenas sent word through the UA media relations department that he has self-imposed a gag order on himself and will not be granting interviews because he is not satisfied with his level of play, and will not talk to the media until he plays better."

you gotta respect players that are that hard on themselves. i expect him to play a great game against LSU.

bamafan4ever said:
That's what I call "buying in"!

We would have never heard from the players last year in November if they would have followed Javier's lead. :lol:

Isn't that the truth?!

I think he's just frustrated. The fumble at Tennessee was a big hit and many other teams would have gotten 7 outta that one.

Then the one Sat. that was bobbled and recovered by him was a little too close for comfort. The kick was fielded around midfield, so I don't know if he was already thinking 7, got a litte too ahead of himself or if it was just a good hit.

Let's face it - other than a return Sat. that I believe was negated by a penalty he just hasn't gotten the returns lately that he was getting in the beginning of the year. I'm sure there are many reasons for this, but by Javy's standards it probably doesn't matter. He wants the results and wants to help the team in any way he can. We do more consistent play on special teams, but we need it from the entire special teams and not just him.

jdpas29 said:
now this is serious...

from Tidesports.com

"Arenas sent word through the UA media relations department that he has self-imposed a gag order on himself and will not be granting interviews because he is not satisfied with his level of play, and will not talk to the media until he plays better."

you gotta respect players that are that hard on themselves. i expect him to play a great game against LSU.

:shock:

His stock just rose substantially...

Can't blame him at all. The media will skewer him for those fumbles. I hope he gets his mind right. I know how that crap can affect you. I relate it to red lighting at the drag strip. Your sitting there thinking..."don't red light...don't red light" DAMN RED LIGHT!!!!

In the meantime, I will miss his quotes. Here's to hoping he returns a punt for a TD this week, and grabs 2 INT's... because his interviews are classic.

HIGHTIDES said:
I just said Saturday he needs to stop running his mouth if he's not gonna back it up. I will miss his interviews though.

I listen to every one of his interviews, and I rarely hear him sound cocky or arrogant. I can only remember one occasion when he said something that could be taken as such (when he was asked if he has seen Moreno's highlight video, he quickly responded to the reporter, "have you seen mine?"). But he made a pretty good point. The kid is confident, no doubt, but I don't see him as cocky.

Arenas, IMO, has one of the toughest jobs on the team. Not only does he have to play DB then when the other team has to punt he has to run back there and return it. Not to mention he has to return kickoffs too. I think he has done an amazing job. (other than a couple of fumbles)

Porter said:
HIGHTIDES said:
I just said Saturday he needs to stop running his mouth if he's not gonna back it up. I will miss his interviews though.

I listen to every one of his interviews, and I rarely hear him sound cocky or arrogant. I can only remember one occasion when he said something that could be taken as such (when he was asked if he has seen Moreno's highlight video, he quickly responded to the reporter, "have you seen mine?"). But he made a pretty good point. The kid is confident, no doubt, but I don't see him as cocky.

Same here.

I have nothing but respect and appreciation for Javy. He's done a heck of a job this year.

TerryP said:
Porter said:
HIGHTIDES said:

Same here.

I have nothing but respect and appreciation for Javy. He's done a heck of a job this year.

The only criticism I have of Javy is that new slow down move he has this season. I rather see him turn on the jets. Either way I respect the hell out of the guy. :wink:

Tider27 said:
TerryP said:
Porter said:
HIGHTIDES said:

Same here.

The only criticism I have of Javy is that new slow down move he has this season. I rather see him turn on the jets. Either way I respect the hell out of the guy. :wink:

That move is critical to making people miss. It's necessary. I think it's cool.

Back
Top Bottom