| RECRUIT Arch Manning recruitment... Dan Patrick says ' @AlabamaFTBL is the leader'.

Read that one more time...the word "IF" plays a large role in that scenario. A mere example.

The whole damn staff was outcoached this past weekend but it's a "let's jump on Golding again." A tiresome refrain.

Apologize if it's tiring. I am not a coach, but know a good amount about schemes in football from my past experiences. Golding's schemes and how he implements them is not good. They only look like a top D when they take out all the checks for the D presnap. Otherwise it's the same half to entirely confused D out there week after week.

This was said to be the best Bama D since 2016, and they couldn't get any pressure on a backup A&M QB that was playing freshmen OL.

Read that one more time...the word "IF" plays a large role in that scenario. A mere example.

The whole damn staff was outcoached this past weekend but it's a "let's jump on Golding again." A tiresome refrain.

Sure appears the defense is outcoached a lot to act like it was just this last game. When do the excuses stop?

Let's face it, Ole Miss lost some dynamic players from last season and has simply outclassed a weak schedule until they played us. They did not have the talent this season to outplay us like last year, despite the narrative thrown around and even the concern from us fans. Miami sucks, Mercer is Mercer and made us look flat. Florida was blitzed by us in the first quarter only, and then basically did what they wanted on both sides of the ball. We play a somewhat talented Texas A&M team, with a not so great quarterback and get beat. We were outcoached, yes, but when does the realization that Golding isn't up to par with the standard kick in and the excuses stop? He's doing less with more than anyone in the country, and that's a fact. How on Earth could you mess up Amazon or Apple at this juncture? That's how I compare this.

Sure appears the defense is outcoached a lot to act like it was just this last game. When do the excuses stop?

Let's face it, Ole Miss lost some dynamic players from last season and has simply outclassed a weak schedule until they played us. They did not have the talent this season to outplay us like last year, despite the narrative thrown around and even the concern from us fans. Miami sucks, Mercer is Mercer and made us look flat. Florida was blitzed by us in the first quarter only, and then basically did what they wanted on both sides of the ball. We play a somewhat talented Texas A&M team, with a not so great quarterback and get beat. We were outcoached, yes, but when does the realization that Golding isn't up to par with the standard kick in and the excuses stop? He's doing less with more than anyone in the country, and that's a fact. How on Earth could you mess up Amazon or Apple at this juncture? That's how I compare this.
You refuse to give any credit to Golding for anything. Defense plays outstanding (Ole Miss) and it’s “they outclassed an easy schedule.

As for your Amazon and Apple thing, you can screw it up very easily with a lackluster leader, take GE for example, they were the biggest company in the world and because of piss poor leadership they’ve sold off just about everything and what part of the company remains isn’t very good.

As @TerryP said the entire coaching staff was out coached this past weekend, but it’s all Golding’s fault. Make little to no sense

You refuse to give any credit to Golding for anything. Defense plays outstanding (Ole Miss) and it’s “they outclassed an easy schedule.

As for your Amazon and Apple thing, you can screw it up very easily with a lackluster leader, take GE for example, they were the biggest company in the world and because of piss poor leadership they’ve sold off just about everything and what part of the company remains isn’t very good.

As @TerryP said the entire coaching staff was out coached this past weekend, but it’s all Golding’s fault. Make little to no sense

GE was a slow burn, but this has been a quick one. So yes, piss pour leadership gets it done. Home Depot was headed in the same direction under Nardeli, but in came Frank Blake and now the rest is in the past and everyone recovered from it. Golding got a pass two years ago when everyone got hurt, but we haven't seen much since, especially with as much returning talent and recruited talent. You're right, I refuse to give anyone credit for one outlier. Statistics prove my case here. Go look at what @NickelDoubleDog posted. He deserves zero credit because his defense has achieved nothing.

Do you honestly think a player like Anderson with so much to lose is going to blame a coach in the media? Please tell me you aren't that vulnerable to think he would self-sabotage. He said what a player in his position needs to say. We all know what is said to the media and what is said within those locker room walls is completely different.

Last edited:
Apologize if it's tiring. I am not a coach, but know a good amount about schemes in football from my past experiences. Golding's schemes and how he implements them is not good. They only look like a top D when they take out all the checks for the D presnap. Otherwise it's the same half to entirely confused D out there week after week.

This was said to be the best Bama D since 2016, and they couldn't get any pressure on a backup A&M QB that was playing freshmen OL.
I WAS NOT talking about you specifically. Nor was I really referring to any specific person here. Some of the comments I've seen since Saturday evening have left me shaking my head; walked away from a few, ya know?

To me, it's funny thinking about how many talked about Ole Miss, 2020, a few weeks ago and now no one is talking about Ole Miss, 2021.

When you've got a roster of 4/5 stars and end the day with 0 sacks & 0 QB hurries, whether it's tiresome or not, be prepared for Golding to take some heat. The DL Coach could be included or excluded... However you want to do it.... But Golding is the DC, and that stat is shockingly underwhelming.

I WAS NOT talking about you specifically. Nor was I really referring to any specific person here. Some of the comments I've seen since Saturday evening have left me shaking my head; walked away from a few, ya know?

To me, it's funny thinking about how many talked about Ole Miss, 2020, a few weeks ago and now no one is talking about Ole Miss, 2021.

This is just me, but when a game shakes your confidence to the level of Ole Miss 2020 or A&M 2021, it's hard to forget and it keeps coming up.

My position is that it's a fundamental issue that will present itself in every important game unless the staff decides to get rid of the complex approach pregame and just not do any checks and turn the kids loose.

The stats show how excellent the offense has been - especially given the turnover there and a weak RT - and how bad the D has been. It should not be. The D won't be this good in terms of depth and talent next year and maybe not for several years. It's disappointing if it is squandered by the same issues over and over.

Everyone knows how to attack this D now. They run routes that will require all this communication and they get the D to bust. They run formations and personnel, with motions and switch releases to get the players thinking.

Half the teams are coached by former assistants - why wouldn't they know exactly how to attack this D?

Arch Manning is making several visits this fall, including Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Texas and this week at Ole Miss.

Developing a relationship with the head coach will be key to Manning’s decision. This week, his grandfather made an appearance on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 to discuss his family, including his grandson, who is the No. 1-ranked quarterback and player in the class of 2023.

“He’s formed a really good relationship with coach (Nick) Saban,” Archie Manning said via AL.com. “Coach Saban, obviously, is an excellent recruiter and a good man. I’m proud to call Nick a friend.”

There have been comparisons between Arch Manning and his uncles, Peyton and Eli. But some believe he is more like his grandfather in that he runs more.

“Arch is a sweet kid,” Archie Manning said. “He’s not caught up in it. He’s handling it real well. He’s enjoying the journey. Arch is a little bit more athletic than Peyton and Eli. He runs a little bit more.”

Like his grandfather?

“Maybe a little bit,” Archie Manning said. “I used to run around a little bit. I got chased a good bit, too.”

The Mannings haven’t given any indication which program may be in the lead, or any kind of list outside of the visits.

Archie Manning said his grandson first met Saban on a Zoom call, and then in person over the summer, and that Arch really likes the Alabama coaching staff.

“He’s familiar with a lot of players,” Archie Manning said. “That was fun for him to go. It wasn’t intentional for it be the Ole Miss game to visit Alabama. It was just the weekend his family could get over there. They had a good visit. Coach Saban spent some time with him. He really likes coach Saban and likes coach Bill O’Brien, the offensive coordinator.”

I like both Peyton and Eli. Not to much on Saturday’s but Peyton has a great since of humor and don’t mind being the butt of a joke. His SNL appearance had some really funny skits , i no longer watch SNL because I can take A joke butt just not all of them. Plus to be honest it hadn’t really been funny in years.

Back
Top Bottom