| RECRUIT Arch Manning recruitment... Dan Patrick says ' @AlabamaFTBL is the leader'.

Why NS worked really hard in keeping PG?
Dont know that...but?????????
Or even ...why Sark wanted him at Texas....

What you think?
He's been known as a recruiter since day one in Tuscaloosa (assuming that's what you're referring to here.) Turner, Kool-Aid, Drew Sanders, and Kennedy are just a few of the guys where he's been the primary guy. I'd have to look it up and count but off the top of my head there are 15+, probably more like 20, 4 and 5 star guys on the roster where he was the lead recruiter.

He's been known as a recruiter since day one in Tuscaloosa (assuming that's what you're referring to here.) Turner, Kool-Aid, Drew Sanders, and Kennedy are just a few of the guys where he's been the primary guy. I'd have to look it up and count but off the top of my head there are 15+, probably more like 20, 4 and 5 star guys on the roster where he was the lead recruiter.
My point exactly

So based on this it is not an accident the PG is the lead on the Manning kid if CNS wants him. Probably a topic for another thread but at Bama we should have a great recruiter and great DC in the same package. We are missing one of those at least at this point.

So based on this it is not an accident the PG is the lead on the Manning kid if CNS wants him. Probably a topic for another thread but at Bama we should have a great recruiter and great DC in the same package. We are missing one of those at least at this point.
But assistant s come n go and it doesn't seem to affect recruiting as a whole.
But there may generational players it could.

I don't know. But ... maybe?

I guess only Nick knows

PG is as good of a DC as there is in country. We had a top 5 defense last year and we have a top 5 defense so far this year…..what’s your definition of great? I don’t under some Bama fans’ issue with PG

PG is as good of a DC as there is in country. We had a top 5 defense last year and we have a top 5 defense so far this year…..what’s your definition of great? I don’t under some Bama fans’ issue with PG

You are out of your mind. Top DC in the country?

Our defense is currently ranked 13th in the country, not Top 5 in Total Defense.

Last edited:
If not on par then he’s close. I also realize you don’t and nothing is going to change that because well you just like to complain I’m learning

No, I just see us getting gutted in the middle, yet again, tonight. It's not complaining when you see the same garbage from a guy that can't get it straight. I got news for you, it ain't always on the players. It's also not complaining when someone doesn't agree with your flawed opinion. I'm also still looking for any data showing we are a Top 5 defense this year and last year.

No, I just see us getting gutted in the middle, yet again, tonight. It's not complaining when you see the same garbage from a guy that can't get it straight. I got news for you, it ain't always on the players. It's also not complaining when someone doesn't agree with your flawed opinion. I'm also still looking for any data showing we are a Top 5 defense this year and last year.
The weakness of this defense has always been there. We saw the beginnings of this about a decade ago. Do you remember how often people were upset with guys like Vinnie Sunseri because he was getting beaten?

The weakness of this defense has always been there. We saw the beginnings of this about a decade ago. Do you remember how often people were upset with guys like Vinnie Sunseri because he was getting beaten?

One could make the case we just didn't have the talent there at that point with Sunseri and others. Talent is not the question right now in my mind. We are getting guys everyone else wants. The issue is now, we just don't have anyone in the area. There is a major hole in the middle. Hellams got torched a few times last night, but the last few years there have just been holes in the middle. Linebackers vacate the middle and teams eat up yardage there. I cannot say that goes all the way back to Sunseri.

One could make the case we just didn't have the talent there at that point with Sunseri and others. Talent is not the question right now in my mind. We are getting guys everyone else wants. The issue is now, we just don't have anyone in the area. There is a major hole in the middle. Hellams got torched a few times last night, but the last few years there have just been holes in the middle. Linebackers vacate the middle and teams eat up yardage there. I cannot say that goes all the way back to Sunseri.
Oh it’s been there. Georgia Southern ran through us, around us, and over us and that was probably the best defense talent wise we’ve had in the CNS era

No way to truly say I guess but I actually think the talent on the D line is good but not great, so it is down. Just basing it on results on the field so hard to prove one way or another. Been that way for a few years. I think it aligns a lot when Smart/Pruitt left and when we shifted to the more high power offense as others did. The D tackling and not controlling their gap at the line of scrimmage is the most troubling. Gotta shut down the run period and I guess looking at the stats they did as a whole but there were critical times they did not and it cost Bama. 2nd half was really dominated by Bama except when it mattered at the end.

Oh it’s been there. Georgia Southern ran through us, around us, and over us and that was probably the best defense talent wise we’ve had in the CNS era

Yes it's been there, but the early years of Saban's tenure at Alabama is was all about up front on the defense. Our defensive secondary talent has only gotten better when you look at their rating out of high school. I know it's not the end all be all, but based off of that we have recruited elite talent to our secondary as of late. You'd never know it by the way we cover and the holes we allow. Surtain is the main exception.

With the way penalties are called and how difficult it is to guard a receiver anymore, why are we playing from behind and still chasing guys? Those tugs, turning of the shoulders, not turning your head, arms on the hips are absolutely killing us. I'd rather see us play zone and see what we have coming at us rather than running from behind on every play just hoping it's a bad throw or dropped ball, because we aren't making many plays. Linebackers simply aren't fast enough, the safeties aren't effective early enough, and the corners can't be trusted to not interfere. Yet we still close our eyes and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom