| RECRUIT Arch Manning has apparently removed Dabo Tigers from consideration:

Manning’s recruitment is about to get even more intense as coaching staffs shift focus to the class of 2023. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports is considered one of college football recruiting’s leading insiders. On Friday, he shared the latest on Manning’s recruitment.

There is evidence he is also narrowing his list recently removing Clemson, another program he visited twice from consideration.
Clemson signed 5-star prospect Cade Klubnik, the No. 1 QB of the 2022 recruiting class, in December.

With Clemson out of the mix, that leaves Manning with an SEC-heavy top group of Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Texas. Wiltfong notes that a pair of new SEC hires are trying to get into the mix for Manning:

Beyond the programs mentioned, new LSU coach Brian Kelly went into the school as the Tigers try and gain ground. Florida head coach Billy Napier did the same. Ohio State quarterback coach Corey Dennis has been in touch for awhile.

I feel like he is Ole Miss' to lose. Lane will use him to the fullest and will put him in good situations that mask any weaknesses and really play to his strengths. Lane can coach some offense and QB's. Put the fact that he would be a legacy to where is Father, Grandfather and uncle all went to school. Seems like a slam dunk to me.

I would think depending on how well Texas does, that they would edge us out for his services. In the SEC I think the best two QB coaches are 1)Lane Kiffen 2) Steve Sarkisian.

With Manning's skill set, I think Sark could make him look good while getting him ready for the next level.

I feel the 2 things holding us back is Saban's age and the fact that we average 2 years with an OC before they are rehab'd well enough to go and HC somewhere else.

Georgia has a snowball's chance in hell IMO. Kirby has proven time and time again that he needs/wants a game manager. He is stuck in the philosophy Saban had early on at Bama. The game has changed and Kirby hasn't changed with it. I don't think he will land any premier QB's without lying out of his ass and promising them the moon. Arch has too much family that has been around college/pro to know what is fact and what is fiction.

This is just my feelings on how it looks from the outside.

Define..."leading".
Its not a race...so no first ..place...and show

And ....probably...nobody really knows...even AM....or family...maybe
Most frequent contact is one of the more leading indicators and is in this case as well with Arch. People are watching the relationship between Cooper and the staff there; it's tight. All signs lean to Georgia right now.

We're what, 10 months away from the early signing period? There's no reason to put a lot of faith in many leans.

Most frequent contact is one of the more leading indicators and is in this case as well with Arch. People are watching the relationship between Cooper and the staff there; it's tight. All signs lean to Georgia right now.

We're what, 10 months away from the early signing period? There's no reason to put a lot of faith in many leans.
Gotta ya...makes sense

As smart as The Manning's are, I am hard pressed to honestly believe they think Athens is the best place for Arch. Unless they feel he is a polished prospect that doesn't need any tweaking or development, why would they think it is. Who has Kirby turned into an elite prospect? He built around the position. Pretty much like Saban did starting out. Now you wonder if Kirby plans to work on the offensive side of the ball now that he has built his defense and has some talent stock piled? Saban did.

All this being said and the love affair with Arch, I do question his arm talent and decisions. I watched him play three televised games last season and he played on team out of Florida that had Notre Dame commit Keon Keeley, and he was chased all day and was really off. I got concerned watching that game from the standpoint if Arch can turn it on at the next level and if his mobility is where it needs to be to play quarterback at Alabama. Hurts, Tua, and Bryce all have moves. Mac was so quick thinking and knew the playbook better than any of them that he didn't need mobility, but the level of talent at the position has transformed the last five years or so. I think Arch would be a good get for us, but I do wonder if the level of competition he plays is hiding some deficiencies. That Berkley Prep game opened my eyes. Maybe it's unfound, but it's something that has softened my initial stance on Arch. Milroe and Ty Simpson seem like much better fits at the moment to me. Anyone else thinking like me or am I just way off?

As smart as The Manning's are, I am hard pressed to honestly believe they think Athens is the best place for Arch. Unless they feel he is a polished prospect that doesn't need any tweaking or development, why would they think it is. Who has Kirby turned into an elite prospect? He built around the position. Pretty much like Saban did starting out. Now you wonder if Kirby plans to work on the offensive side of the ball now that he has built his defense and has some talent stock piled? Saban did.

All this being said and the love affair with Arch, I do question his arm talent and decisions. I watched him play three televised games last season and he played on team out of Florida that had Notre Dame commit Keon Keeley, and he was chased all day and was really off. I got concerned watching that game from the standpoint if Arch can turn it on at the next level and if his mobility is where it needs to be to play quarterback at Alabama. Hurts, Tua, and Bryce all have moves. Mac was so quick thinking and knew the playbook better than any of them that he didn't need mobility, but the level of talent at the position has transformed the last five years or so. I think Arch would be a good get for us, but I do wonder if the level of competition he plays is hiding some deficiencies. That Berkley Prep game opened my eyes. Maybe it's unfound, but it's something that has softened my initial stance on Arch. Milroe and Ty Simpson seem like much better fits at the moment to me. Anyone else thinking like me or am I just way off?

Well. If truely is the future superstar all is made of him...
Put him in Crimson..

If he goes elsewhere ...fine..the attention/camera hound of Peyton can show his face at every game..for them......
Yuck-me to see him on bama sidelines anyway

I am not a Manning fan.....at all ...peyton ..yuck
Eli...seems guinine and decent....it seems
Archie....is awesome ......

So...whatever..we got Nick....everyone else is sucking exhaust....

Back
Top Bottom