| FTBL Apparel with Classic Logo

Thanks for the eBay tip, I'll start watching for something I like to go up for auction.

In the meantime, the vintage pics of the Bear are cool stuff! Now it intrigues me that I grew up in this state and never saw that particular logo until recently. (I know I'm not alone because my brother doesn't remember it either.)

As they say...you learn something new every day!

laurajmoss said:
Bottom line: when it comes to personal biases, historical fact counts for little, real experience counts for everything. I want the 70's/80's logo in exchange for my money. =)

Laura, then you may be interesting (I mean interested) in caps like these two. This style was very popular in the mid to late 80's. In fact, I had caps very similar to these two back then.

a407.gif

a406a.gif

I also had a Bama cap like Coach Bryant wore in his last game at the Liberty Bowl against Illinois.

brylib.jpg

It was not a script a$# hat, either.

bear facts said:
laurajmoss said:
Bottom line: when it comes to personal biases, historical fact counts for little, real experience counts for everything. I want the 70's/80's logo in exchange for my money. =)

Laura, then you may be interesting in caps like these two. This style was very popular in the mid to late 80's. In fact, I had caps very similar to these two back then.

a407.gif

a406a.gif

I also had a Bama cap like Coach Bryant wore in his last game at the Liberty Bowl against Illinois.

brylib.jpg

This was not a script a$# hat, either.

Cap or not, she strikes me as interesting. :D

It Takes Eleven said:
bear facts said:
laurajmoss said:

Laura, then you may be interested in caps like these two. This style was very popular in the mid to late 80's. In fact, I had caps very similar to these two back then.

a407.gif

a406a.gif

brylib.jpg

Yes, indeed. I always admire a woman that knows exactly what she wants or likes.

Btw Laura, here's a Big Roll Tide Welcome for you.

schroeders-elefante.jpg

Glad to have you visit the site. We have other regular female members like BamaDelta and Heflinlady, who are die hard Bama fans and also know their football.

Good luck with your search, and we hope you will feel welcome enough to want to visit and post again.

RTR!

It Takes Eleven said:
bear facts said:
laurajmoss said:

Laura, then you may be interesting in caps like these two. This style was very popular in the mid to late 80's. In fact, I had caps very similar to these two back then.

a407.gif

a406a.gif

brylib.jpg

:lol:

Dang, I'm slow. I just caught it, Tim. Of course, now I'm waiting for someone to psychoanalyze the slip. :D

laurajmoss said:
Does anyone know where I can purchase Crimson Tide apparel that uses the classic logo (a large capital "A" with an elephant stepping through it), instead of the new-fangled ones (angry elephant face or italic capital "A")?

I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I can't stand the look of the newer apparel. The italic "A" is a rip-off of the Atlanta Braves, IMHO, and we're the Tide, not the Braves. The contemporary rendition of the Crimson Tide elephant excites me even less--the eyes are drawn in such a way the are too human for me (a habit that irritates me in many animal mascot comic-book style renderings).

I also miss the simple white-and-crimson jerseys but none of my local stores seems to carry them either.

laura, I have a leather jacket that you'd like (but you can't have it :shock: ). It's all leather. Crimson body with white sleeves. Has a huge classic logo (the A and the Elephant) on the back. Just wish it'd get cold enough down here to wear the thing.

Big_Fan said:
Bama Bo said:
All I know is I absolutely hate these!

The 2 CP posted are my favorites, along with the block A with the Elephant stepping thru.

The first one and the third one are DuBose era redesigns. The second one has been around a long time in different forms...I like the second one ok...the first and third one I don't like either.

So who can we credit this logo to?

OnFieldLogo-1.gif

Tider 27 said:
Big_Fan said:
Bama Bo said:
All I know is I absolutely hate these!

The 2 CP posted are my favorites, along with the block A with the Elephant stepping thru.

The first one and the third one are DuBose era redesigns. The second one has been around a long time in different forms...I like the second one ok...the first and third one I don't like either.

So who can we credit this logo to?

OnFieldLogo-1.gif

A graphic designer? :lol:

Knows their football

here's a Big Roll Tide Welcome for you.

Glad to have you visit the site. We have other regular female members like BamaDelta and Heflinlady, who are die hard Bama fans and also know their football.

I don't claim to know my football.

I know the Crimson Tide is part of the family tradition. As a kid I used to sit next to my dad on the sofa watching Bama football and I knew Major Ogilvie(sp??) was somebody important. I knew The Goal Line Stand symbolized our Bama pride. I knew my dad held The Bear in esteem such as he held very few people.

I knew Auburn was...well...Auburn. 'Nuff said. I watched Van Tiffin kick the winning field goal against "that cow college across the state" and it made me the happiest girl at my high school. My dad took me out the very next day to buy me an Alabama jersey to wear to school on Monday and rub it in with Auburn classmates.

I knew Notre Dame and Lou Holtz were evil but didn't know why. I know Penn State became Evil No. 2 on a Saturday I sat in the parking lot of Milton Frank Stadium listening to the game over the radio while we band members got ready for the game.

I know we briefly reasserted the longevity of our rich heritage by kicking trash-talking Miami's *** in 1992 to claim the national championship. Along with my brother I witnessed Teague strip the ball away from Thomas in the game-changing performance. We screamed and shouted and jumped up and down and it felt as good as anything in life can feel. In keeping with the tradition established by our dad, he bought me a commorative t-shirt that I still have today.

What I never knew was that there was a full-fledged Notre Dame hate. The way I discovered its existence was sitting at the Huntsville Dreamland B-B-Q when I told my brother my new boyfriend was a Notre Dame law school alum. The following year he gave me "The Missing Ring" for Christmas.

I never knew there was also a Tennesse hate. Until this year I had never heard of the cigars. I never knew, until I started reading this board last week, that the Bama Nation used "barn-" terms to refer to Auburn fans, or the word "barnburner" to refer to themselves. Does that stem from Bear Bryant calling them a "cow college" way back when?

I know I love the Alabama Crimson Tide and I missed it sorely all those years I lived in Europe. I don't care what kind of season they have, it's like my dad or my brother--I cheer them on all the same.

Thanks for the welcome to this forum.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Re: Knows their football

laurajmoss said:
here's a Big Roll Tide Welcome for you.

I don't claim to know my football.

I know the Crimson Tide is part of the family tradition. As a kid I used to sit next to my dad on the sofa watching Bama football and I knew Major Ogilvie(sp??) was somebody important. I knew The Goal Line Stand symbolized our Bama pride. I knew my dad held The Bear in esteem such as he held very few people.

I knew Auburn was...well...Auburn. 'Nuff said. I watched Van Tiffin kick the winning field goal against "that cow college across the state" and it made me the happiest girl at my high school. My dad took me out the very next day to buy me an Alabama jersey to wear to school on Monday and rub it in with Auburn classmates.

I knew Notre Dame and Lou Holtz were evil but didn't know why. I know Penn State became Evil No. 2 on a Saturday I sat in the parking lot of Milton Frank Stadium listening to the game over the radio while we band members got ready for the game.

I know we briefly reasserted the longevity of our rich heritage by kicking trash-talking Miami's *** in 1992 to claim the national championship. Along with my brother I witnessed Teague strip the ball away from Thomas in the game-changing performance. We screamed and shouted and jumped up and down and it felt as good as anything in life can feel. In keeping with the tradition established by our dad, he bought me a commorative t-shirt that I still have today.

What I never knew was that there was a full-fledged Notre Dame hate. The way I discovered its existence was sitting at the Huntsville Dreamland B-B-Q when I told my brother my new boyfriend was a Notre Dame law school alum. The following year he gave me "The Missing Ring" for Christmas.

I never knew there was also a Tennesse hate. Until this year I had never heard of the cigars. I never knew, until I started reading this board last week, that the Bama Nation used "barn-" terms to refer to Auburn fans, or the word "barnburner" to refer to themselves. Does that stem from Bear Bryant calling them a "cow college" way back when?

I know I love the Alabama Crimson Tide and I missed it sorely all those years I lived in Europe. I don't care what kind of season they have, it's like my dad or my brother--I cheer them on all the same.

Thanks for the welcome to this forum.

ROLL TIDE!!!

:che It's good and the crowd goes wild!

Now we know how much the Crimson Tide means to you. Happy that you are able to reconnect since coming back from Europe. From '92-'96 I felt exiled, myself, living in Arizona and away from Alabama and SEC football. Autumn was not the same so far away, especially not getting to catch Bama football as much as I would like.

Great post, Laura! We do hope you will feel enough at home to visit here as much as you would like.

RTR!

Back
Top Bottom