| BSB/SB 🥎 Candrea Classic~ Alabama Caps Undefeated Opening Weekend with Sunday Win over New Mexico

I see the top four teams in the nation as a combination of OU, UCLA, UM, and UA. The biggest question I have with this season is if there are any teams that can combat the offense OU is fielding this season. I see two; UA and UM. If there's any stock to put it's this: Bama looks to have more on the offensive side this season than last year (or several years for that matter.) What is the count today...I'm thinking we've seen HR's by seven different players.

I feel the past few years we have had one piece missing, that extra one or two hitters on the offensive side. We have always had pitching, we have always had 1-3/4 in the batting order that we could expect to be there for us. But numbers 4/5-9, we have never been confident it would come. Atleast those are my feelings. If we have found an answer there, we are gonna have a special year.

Speaking facetiously I'm entertaining the thought Dallis will make us forget Haylie Mac. We've been lucky to see some great center fielders leaving me looking forward to seeing her in the field.

LSU off to a rough start losing two games this weekend (both to unranked teams.) Florida showed up against #13 Michigan with a win.

Va Tech played #20 Kentucky this weekend as well as Missouri: they won both. Va Tech is currently ranked 10th. Bama will face them Friday evening as the back half of a double header and then again Saturday as the first game of their second DH.

OU's freshman took it to UCLA...they needed her to be good.

Coach Murphy did an excellent job with the portal this past off-season. He's brought in some much needed bats.
I'm looking at this a little differently. I know it's early but this is what I was watching this weekend.

Hemphill, Mack, and Brown had over 40% of the offensive production on last years team. I'd hoped we'd see Prange and Shipman replace that, not entirely, but a good portion. As it ends up that production has almost been replaced by Goodnight and Bloodworth alone. (A little over of 5% reduction in run production between these two and last years three.) Those four are over half of the offense right now.

The difference between last year and this season is going to come from those pinch hitting. I know Murph believes it has the potential to be very good. (I believe he said he felt it was the best PH group he's had at UA.)

Questions to chew on:

Have we seen a lead off batter with this much power?

Coming out of this past weekend if you were Murph are you shuffling your batting order? Could we see something like Bloodworth, Goodnight, Shipman, Dowling? That's strong but it's also throwing Jenna and Tow in the back end of the order. Is it too soon for #Bamaproblems?

I'm looking at this a little differently. I know it's early but this is what I was watching this weekend.

Hemphill, Mack, and Brown had over 40% of the offensive production on last years team. I'd hoped we'd see Prange and Shipman replace that, not entirely, but a good portion. As it ends up that production has almost been replaced by Goodnight and Bloodworth alone. (A little over of 5% reduction in run production between these two and last years three.) Those four are over half of the offense right now.

The difference between last year and this season is going to come from those pinch hitting. I know Murph believes it has the potential to be very good. (I believe he said he felt it was the best PH group he's had at UA.)

Questions to chew on:

Have we seen a lead off batter with this much power?

Coming out of this past weekend if you were Murph are you shuffling your batting order? Could we see something like Bloodworth, Goodnight, Shipman, Dowling? That's strong but it's also throwing Jenna and Tow in the back end of the order. Is it too soon for #Bamaproblems?

Haven't played anybody, so I say we geta few more tournaments in. We've started off hot for the last number of years and then see our deficiencies.

I wouldn't say Arizona is a no body. However, I don't think they are #9 in the country after all they lost last season.

I watched the Florida/Michigan game. The Michigan stud pitcher loaded the bases with 2 outs and they took her out. Next batter went yard for the only scoring of the game 4-0 final. Crazy coaching decision to me but what do I know.

I wouldn't say Arizona is a no body. However, I don't think they are #9 in the country after all they lost last season.

I watched the Florida/Michigan game. The Michigan stud pitcher loaded the bases with 2 outs and they took her out. Next batter went yard for the only scoring of the game 4-0 final. Crazy coaching decision to me but what do I know.
About as bad as the Arizona change against Bama in the third inning. Starter had faced 7, striking out #1, #4, #6, and #7 batters. Giving up no runs and no hits. Reliever lasted 2/3 of the third, giving up 6 runs on 5 hits. Two HRs, two triples, and one single. #8 batter with a HR and #9 with a triple. SMH.

About as bad as the Arizona change against Bama in the third inning. Starter had faced 7, striking out #1, #4, #6, and #7 batters. Giving up no runs and no hits. Reliever lasted 2/3 of the third, giving up 6 runs on 5 hits. Two HRs, two triples, and one single. #8 batter with a HR and #9 with a triple. SMH.
Dont win a championship in February....

Back
Top Bottom