| FTBL Anybody NOT Watching The Super Bowl?

You are outside the target age for the NFL. Myself also. Hell, most of the folks who grew up on the performers this year are too old for the target of the NFL.

I would think...without knowing...the people watching....50+ ...would be the majority...30-50 might be...
But under 30. ..... i dont know

50+ would bethe one’s growing up in superbowl history....

Might be off....... but half times not for that group...for sure

Folks that didn't watch missed a good game. As far as halftime shows, personally (and I know I'm on an island here), I think they are always way overrated. I hardly ever care for the genre of music or the artists, so maybe that's part of it. But I just don't tune in for that stuff. If I want to see a concert, I'll go to one or pull up YouTube.

I would think...without knowing...the people watching....50+ ...would be the majority...30-50 might be...
But under 30. ..... i dont know

50+ would bethe one’s growing up in superbowl history....

Might be off....... but half times not for that group...for sure
Their target is 18-34. 75% of adults in that age group surveyed said they were likely to watch the game (actual numbers broken down for actual viewers are not available yet). That is up year over year and jives with the actual breakdowns I have seen for previous years. The NFL is growing with young people and staying stagnant or dropping in older people. Even if people 50+ are the majority (mainly because they are the majority of viewers of all TV) they are not the future of the NFL. If the NFL caters to older people, they will lose viewers to the NBA or other leagues.

Their target is 18-34. 75% of adults in that age group surveyed said they were likely to watch the game (actual numbers broken down for actual viewers are not available yet). That is up year over year and jives with the actual breakdowns I have seen for previous years. The NFL is growing with young people and staying stagnant or dropping in older people. Even if people 50+ are the majority (mainly because they are the majority of viewers of all TV) they are not the future of the NFL. If the NFL caters to older people, they will lose viewers to the NBA or other leagues.
The NBA still exists? :p ;)

Not that the NFL cares as long as they get your money, but they live off of these people that don't have the money to move out of their parents house, but seemingly come up with $150 for a jersey, $500 for tickets, and another $300 for alcohol purchases at those games. Backwards society.

(and I know I'm on an island here)
I think you would be surprised how many people would be on that island with you. I actually did watch the Super Bowl although I have not in years. That included the half time show. My wife wanted to see it (that is my story). It is not my cup of tea and I knew that going in. Just watched to see what kind of crazy crap they would come up with and from that vantage point it was what I expected.

The game was a pretty good game but I have no real attachment to the NFL so was not overly exciting to me.

As much as I love AC/DC, the NFL should not ever have them on. They needed to move away from groups that have been around since before the parents of many of the players were even born. Some of their selection has been stupid, but going backwards is not what they need to do.
Imagine Thunderstruck at the SB..pretty epic i might think. Doubt we'd hear whole lotta Rosie (personal fave)

Folks that didn't watch missed a good game. As far as halftime shows, personally (and I know I'm on an island here), I think they are always way overrated. I hardly ever care for the genre of music or the artists, so maybe that's part of it. But I just don't tune in for that stuff. If I want to see a concert, I'll go to one or pull up YouTube.
Nailed it!
Stop trying to make the event better. It’s the championship!
This has been my complaint with the CFB championship. Not watching for a damn concert.

I watched it. Was not impressed. Turned down the half time show and ate chicken wings . They were better than the game
Not sure if I turned it down.... I think I paused it and hit the fast forward after about 20 minutes of also eating wings (Parm. Garlic & Teriyaki).... I say I "think" because there were a few adult beverages involved and I'm sure I didn't watch it. :p

Back
Top Bottom