| FTBL anybody listening to Finebaum?

Porterhouse said:
bamafan4ever said:
bamarama007 said:
why wouldn't you care if someone like BOB gave an interview and Finebaum just allowed the bad parts and the parts that would inflame the populace......You owe it to Bob and Bama to listen to the whole interview to get a proper perspective of what was said.

Yeah, Porter. You OWE Bob!!! :roll: :roll:

I cut Baumhower out of my life when he reduced the size of side orders (specifically the curly fries) at his restaurant about a year ago. :roll:
Thats a good one!@ lol

I have not listened to this particular interview, but I do remember last year when BB was on Finebaums show right about the time Shula was getting invited to leave. I think it was the same week Cecil wrote his article after the Duke game sort of questioning everything Shula did that game.

BB said straight up that he was a Shula homer and had a very close relationship with them.

Who cares what is said on Finebaum? Finebaum, BB, Gene Stallings, Bill Curry, Ray Perkins, and whoever else can belly ache all they want that Shula should've had more time.

The fact is...Shula is gone. Saban is here.

So if someone took the interview wrong or not....Shula isn't coming back.

Thank God!

kayleighsdad said:
Who cares what is said on Finebaum? Finebaum, BB, Gene Stallings, Bill Curry, Ray Perkins, and whoever else can belly ache all they want that Shula should've had more time.

Thank God!
It wasn't about Shula!!!!!It was all about finebaum just playing the first few minutes of the interview and not the whole thing

kayleighsdad said:

Thank God!

When did Gene Stallings enter the conversation? :?

Bones82 said:
I will no longer go to Wings. Hooters is better anyways.

No sir!

When did Gene Stallings enter the conversation?

Bebes has been an apologist for Shula from day one and recently still made the statement about the fact that the University should have honored their contract, yada, yada, yada.

Goes back to the fact that you will never hear a (former)coach say, yeah I think so and so needs to get canned!

rammerjammer said:
When did Gene Stallings enter the conversation?

Bebes has been an apologist for Shula from day one and recently still made the statement about the fact that the University should have honored their contract, yada, yada, yada.

Goes back to the fact that you will never hear a (former)coach say, yeah I think so and so needs to get canned!

Or really anyone in the coaching business.

I recently was at a speaking event of Mr. Stallings and Mr. Barker, and he didn't say much about it besides that Johnny told him recently that Nick Saban is his favorite all time coach at Alabama. :lol:

Every time I’ve heard Stallings speak on the situation, I’ve gotten the impression he was saying Bama should have never gave that huge contract to Shula rather than actually supporting Shula. To me, it sounded like Stallings was taking a veiled shot at whoever was responsible for that contract and even indicating he had displeasure with this person while he was coach at Bama. I’ve never heard him say he thought Shula was a good coach or he was the guy to get it done this year (just that Shula was really hurt by the injury to Protho). If people have the impression the Stallings is a Shula supporter, I think you should go back and listen to his interviews again more closely. I think you will get the impression that Stallings thinks Bama’s house cleaning should have started at a higher level than the head coach.

RollTideRandy said:
Every time I’ve heard Stallings speak on the situation, I’ve gotten the impression he was saying Bama should have never gave that huge contract to Shula rather than actually supporting Shula. To me, it sounded like Stallings was taking a veiled shot at whoever was responsible for that contract and even indicating he had displeasure with this person while he was coach at Bama. I’ve never heard him say he thought Shula was a good coach or he was the guy to get it done this year (just that Shula was really hurt by the injury to Protho). If people have the impression the Stallings is a Shula supporter, I think you should go back and listen to his interviews again more closely. I think you will get the impression that Stallings thinks Bama’s house cleaning should have started at a higher level than the head coach.

That was the impression he always gave me also.

BamaPride said:
My opinion of Stallings is mixed. He was a very good coach and deserved better than what he got.

BUT.... he supported Bob Rileys record tax increase. :shock:

Remember, it was a PAID advertisement. He lives in TX, so it wasn't going to effect him.

Bama Bo said:
RollTideRandy said:

That was the impression he always gave me also.
Without a doubt!

bamarama007 said:
...You owe it to Bob and Bama to listen to the whole interview to get a proper perspective of what was said.
See that is where you are wrong. We do not owe BOB jack diddly! As for Bama, you see we have to actually give a damn as to what BOB or Finebaum think about the situation to warrant a response. We do not care about either so why bother. High blood pressure kills people everyday! Might want to check yours. Finebaum is a circus show. He says what ever will bring in the ratings. Pure and simple. No need to even entertain the thought. Hell, I don't even know what ya'll are talking about. All I had to do is see "BOB" and Finebaum in the post and I already knew it had something to do with animals.

Stallings is, and always will be, the man. To me anyway.

Every time I hear him speak, it just makes me think that's how the Bear used to talk and speak. And he gives me the impression to be Bearish in the way he took care of things as well.

Maybe I'm completely wrong though...

Bama Bo said:
BamaPride said:
My opinion of Stallings is mixed. He was a very good coach and deserved better than what he got.

BUT.... he supported Bob Rileys record tax increase. :shock:

Remember, it was a PAID advertisement. He lives in TX, so it wasn't going to effect him.

I know he lives in Texas. Thats whats so bad. I could overlook his opinion if he was also going to be effected.

Outlaw said:

Every time I hear him speak, it just makes me think that's how the Bear used to talk and speak. And he gives me the impression to be Bearish in the way he took care of things as well.

I agree with you 100%, I just wish the AD hadn't run him off. and again that is just my opinion.

Outlaw said:

Preach on, Outlaw. I will always have great respect for CGS.

Outlaw said:

In my opinion, you are completely wrong. No, take away the 'in my opinion' part.

Stallings' arrogance and his desire to help a player reverse a terrible situation by silence and deceit created a situation that resulted in UA losing much of her honor and prestige. (I can get into the details later if you wish, but Stallings' KNEW that Langham had violated NCAA rules and acted overtly to hide that fact from the NCAA.)

Not to mention his refusal to change his 1950's mindset about how the game of football should be played set our recruiting back decades. Bob Bockrath's fault was not in forcing Stallings out (actually, Stallings gross public insubordination following the Miss State game should have resulted in Stallings' being fired on the spot and in the locker room post game), but in listening to the 'educated opinions' of the UA fan base to hire Mike Dubose. I find it confusing that many ridicule Bockrath for hiring Dubose when any other hire at that time would have likely resulted in near-riots but give our current AD a free pass for a SERIES of far more fatal and flawed hires (when judged either pre- or post-hire).

Back
Top Bottom