| FTBL anybody listening to Finebaum?

Maybe you want to talk about the inflamed populace ? me? I think we have a close call with Vanderbilt(very close call, if we win) and then we have a great 4th quarter against Arkansas???? What do you think?

bamarama007 said:
Maybe you want to talk about the inflamed populace ? me? I think we have a close call with Vanderbilt(very close call, if we win) and then we have a great 4th quarter against Arkansas???? What do you think?

I don't know, but if I commented on it on the subject of the Vandy game, I would be guilty of hijacking this thread. Considering the thread is about Bob Baumhauer's comments on Finebaum's show -- or Mike Shula -- or Gene Stallings -- or Bob Bockwrath -- or Mal Moore -- or Antonio Langham -- or the 1993 season -- or probation -- or Hootie Ingram.

It's your thread man, you decide where to let it wander. If I want to talk about the Vandy game, I'll start a thread of my own. I got a button too.

BamaPride said:
alagator said:
Not personally involved, but very, very, very close to two people who were. One I have known for over 35 years and the other I met in 1996 (a few years after the actual Langham affair). Neither knows the other. One knows some things the other does not (and vice versa) - but that is not surprising given their roles in the events, but on the things they share common knowledge they have never conflicted each other. Both of my friends spoke directly with multiple parties mentioned in my telling during the infamous 1993 year.

Both were involved but neither knew the other? :?:
One is an NFL employee who does not have contact with college administrative or compliance people - only coaches. The other is an employee of UA who does not have contact with NFL people. They were both involved in the issue in their respective fields.

The best guide by which to judge the impact a person has on an organization is to ask the questions "Did he leave the organization in a better condition than when he first arrived?" Was the reputation, prestige, and ability to compete at a high level better when Stallings left than when he came?

reger60 said:
bamarama007 said:

I don't know, but if I commented on it on the subject of the Vandy game, I would be guilty of hijacking this thread. Considering the thread is about Bob Baumhauer's comments on Finebaum's show -- or Mike Shula -- or Gene Stallings -- or Bob Bockwrath -- or Mal Moore -- or Antonio Langham -- or the 1993 season -- or probation -- or Hootie Ingram.

It's your thread man, you decide where to let it wander. If I want to talk about the Vandy game, I'll start a thread of my own. I got a button too.

Reger meet BeCrimson, BeCrimson meet Reger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reger60 said:
bamarama007 said:

I didn't know I had an option, some one else let the thread wander, I just enjoyed the discusion!

alagator said:
What difference does it matter whether or not Finebaum ever played college football? Or where he went to college.

So you're saying Finebaum knows what it's like to play in pain, or face the per pressure that the coachs and players have to? Or workout during the long summer months or rehab busted knees! Much less the fact the man a talks the talk but never walked the walk! As for where he went to school, well he's a vol nuff said!
alagator said:
If it was a requirement that only people who played college football could have an opinion on the performance of college teams, then you might inform the owners of this very website that they need to do a better job of vetting their members and start purging the roles immediately - perhaps you might even be included in the purging. And beyond that, if anyone wants to state an opinion on the performance of any college coaches then such comments must be limited to only those who at one time were employed as a college coach - as all others would be disqualified under your apparent standard.

I never stated any requirements did I please show where I did I'd love to see it! I will say this, I'll take the word of a former player, coach, or staff member before I would a loud mouth pompous megalomaniac like Finebaum!

As for the owners/admins of said site, I have no problem with them what so ever. If you don't like the way it's is ran you're free to PM anytime you would like.. Their again I never said anything about this site much less it's admins did I?

alagator said:
One need not have held a job to be competent to judge the performance of someone else.

Good please share your competent judgement on the kinetic theory of gasestransition rules determine the structure of atomic spectra :wink: Yes I know cheap shot but I thought it was funny. :lol:
alagator said:
I have never been President of the United States or a United States Senator or a Governor of Florida, but I think I have enough cognitive reasoning ability to judge whether or not the men/women who hold those jobs are effective or not. Now, I may not have the requisite skills to actually do the job better, but that should not disqualify me from being able to form and hold an opinion about their performance. Same for a college football player, coach, or team.

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Was my whole point gator, Thus Finebaum has never done a thing to on the field of play. Yet he gets paid to talk about it. How does one have a job where you never played the sport yet know so much about it.... I mean I don't SHI* about soccer or hockey nor do I try to act like I do either...much less talk about it.

Football is same on most levels and we've all heard 1000's times when coach's say it comes down to blocking, tackling, passing, and running! This where I draw my options when I played from, I would hope like the rest..

Back
Top Bottom