| FTBL Am I the only one who noticed....

Swamptick

Verified Member
Am I the only one who noticed that we went to the 4-3 amost the whole time. I thought that we were going to be in the 3-4 but time and again we lined up in the 4-3.

Was this done to disguise our D from more formidable competition or am I missing something?

We are a basic 4-3 defense that uses the 3-4 and other schemes/formations. The 4-3 was more effective against Western Carolina, where as the 3-4 could be used against future opponents.

Tider 27 said:
We are a basic 4-3 defense that uses the 3-4 and other schemes/formations. The 4-3 was more effective against Western Carolina, where as the 3-4 could be used against future opponents.

It's a 3-4 scheme that has the OLB's lining up on the line most of the time. What you have to watch is where the Jack and OLB ends up when the ball is snapped. He's either in a blitz or dropping back to cover.

I agree with birdman I think we played alot of nickle not 3-4 or 4-3 and he did it because of the spread that WCU used but I could be wrong had a few to many to drink to remember the whole game that good either way we got to get better on d this week and I think they will

rooster03 said:
I agree with birdman I think we played alot of nickle not 3-4 or 4-3 and he did it because of the spread that WCU used but I could be wrong had a few to many to drink to remember the whole game that good either way we got to get better on d this week and I think they will

My mistake. I meant to type 4-2 (Nickel).

We barely showed anything if you ask me. Vanilla on both sides. The D-Line did do some wild stunts and stuff. I saw Mcculough (spelling) on one play twist all the way to the outside and then run in like a DE. It is the play Waldrop caused a fumble.

TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:

It's a 3-4 scheme that has the OLB's lining up on the line most of the time. What you have to watch is where the Jack and OLB ends up when the ball is snapped. He's either in a blitz or dropping back to cover.

Basically what I was trying to say, but I should of left it to you, sir. :D

Back
Top Bottom