| FTBL Alum not happy with how Bama’s losing and they’re not backing down.

Between the portal and NIL college football will never be the same. Deon's son drives a $200k Maybach and wears a sponsored pair of sunglasses in post game on-field interviews SHM.

Between the portal and NIL college football will never be the same. Deon's son drives a $200k Maybach and wears a sponsored pair of sunglasses in post game on-field interviews SHM.
Division 1 college football should go back to division 1 college football... not a f*cking developmental league for the NFL.

Get these players into a league that suits their desire to play pro football so we can have our game back.

Division 1 college football should go back to division 1 college football... not a f*cking developmental league for the NFL.

Get these players into a league that suits their desire to play pro football so we can have our game back.
Maybe we need to start recruiting 3*s and coaching them up.

The rosters from our first couple of championships had quite a few 3"s.

Those mid-level players with a high ceiling tend to perform way better because they're HUNGRIER.

Maybe we need to start recruiting 3*s and coaching them up.

The rosters from our first couple of championships had quite a few 3"s.

Those mid-level players with a high ceiling tend to perform way better because they're HUNGRIER.
At the very least, a priority emphasis on recruiting the local and regional talent within Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle (though to be honest, that's probably already the current strategy). To be honest, I'd rather us give a scholarship to a 4-star WR out of Pelham than a 5-star receiver out of Los Angeles.

Why can't they be a good sign?
Usually this is what happens when a team has internal issues. A good thing would be if it was not required in the first place. It points to an issue that is not being policed as part of the routine leadership and each players own personal pride. Usually points to some selfish attitudes. Of course I do not know just pure speclation based on my own observations over the years.

Saban does continue to say he likes this team but not sure what he would say if there are fractures within the team.

Usually this is what happens when a team has internal issues. A good thing would be if it was not required in the first place. It points to an issue that is not being policed as part of the routine leadership and each players own personal pride. Usually points to some selfish attitudes. Of course I do not know just pure speclation based on my own observations over the years.

Saban does continue to say he likes this team but not sure what he would say if there are fractures within the team.
The same thing that is happening to us, happened with Jimbo Fisher’s team… Too many five stars in one place… The team collapsed with locker room issues… A mass exodus followed..

In a week and a half it'll be eight years since they had a players only meeting after the loss to Ole Miss in 2015.

2006, Florida had a players only meeting following their loss in Oxford (remember Tebow's speech.)

"Never" is far too broad of a brush with which to paint.

Beat me to it...

There has been, without question, an immaturity to this team since 2021. Frankly, there was a HUGE hole left in leadership when the 2020 team won the NC. The past 2 years, the team lived off the coat-tails of Bryce Young. They could hide their incompetence & accountability behind him.

The ONLY way things are going to get better is starting with them. It may be too late, only time will tell. But there is some assurance that these guys are having enough introspection & initiative at doing their part to fixing the problems.

All I know for sure is Alabama has the greatest college coach of all time, a roster with more 5 Star players than 3 Star players and facilities equal to any and better than the vast majority of teams. Yet, they let a Big 12 Team manhandle them and they let a team filled with 1 and 2 Star players stay within striking distance until the end of the 4th Quarter. Something’s wrong for sure and has been for a couple of years. Bryce just covered over a lot of flaws … like horrible O-Line play. I much prefer Bama recruit 3 Star and low 4 Star linemen and develop them as opposed to a line filled with high 4 Star and 5 Stars who miss as many assignments as they make. They’re either dumb as stumps or they’re lazy or they’re just buying time until the Combine when their measurables carry more weight than their film.

In 2020 Bama had a generational receiver with a QB who played out of his shoes. Other than that aberration, Bama hasn’t looked like the teams that make up most of the “Dynasty” looked. Those teams were built around the big boys on both sides of the line and that’s where most of the alphas resided. They dominated inferior teams and they routinely manhandled other ranked opponents. Former Bama players have said they could see the other teams players knew they were beat before halftime. Today, even Group of Five teams don’t fear Bama … and why should they?Oh well, I’m glad the players met but I’m not sure the numerous problems this team has can be fixed in season. I hope I’m wrong though!

All I know for sure is Alabama has the greatest college coach of all time, a roster with more 5 Star players than 3 Star players and facilities equal to any and better than the vast majority of teams. Yet, they let a Big 12 Team manhandle them and they let a team filled with 1 and 2 Star players stay within striking distance until the end of the 4th Quarter. Something’s wrong for sure and has been for a couple of years. Bryce just covered over a lot of flaws … like horrible O-Line play. I much prefer Bama recruit 3 Star and low 4 Star linemen and develop them as opposed to a line filled with high 4 Star and 5 Stars who miss as many assignments as they make. They’re either dumb as stumps or they’re lazy or they’re just buying time until the Combine when their measurables carry more weight than their film.

In 2020 Bama had a generational receiver with a QB who played out of his shoes. Other than that aberration, Bama hasn’t looked like the teams that make up most of the “Dynasty” looked. Those teams were built around the big boys on both sides of the line and that’s where most of the alphas resided. They dominated inferior teams and they routinely manhandled other ranked opponents. Former Bama players have said they could see the other teams players knew they were beat before halftime. Today, even Group of Five teams don’t fear Bama … and why should they?Oh well, I’m glad the players met but I’m not sure the numerous problems this team has can be fixed in season. I hope I’m wrong though!
We've got the biggest O-line we've ever had right now. But they're slow, they don't get low enough and too often don't show much power.

In a week and a half it'll be eight years since they had a players only meeting after the loss to Ole Miss in 2015.

2006, Florida had a players only meeting following their loss in Oxford (remember Tebow's speech.)

"Never" is far too broad of a brush with which to paint.
Fair enough, been around long enough to know better than to use absolutes.

Back
Top Bottom