| FTBL Alum not happy with how Bama’s losing and they’re not backing down.

Davestwin

A number of Bama Alumni aren’t happy with how Bama’s players are going about the process and how that’s affecting their ability to maintain the Alabama standard which in turn is tarnishing the legacy. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this type of criticism come from this many former players directed at current players during the season before? It will be interesting to see if this has a positive or negative effect on the team. Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea for former players to publicly criticize the current players … but that’s just me. How do you see it? Positive, Negative … or neither?

Those former players are going to end up causing more animosity than anything… if any of those guys showed their face around the University and the ball players saw them, it might not end well..

A number of Bama Alumni aren’t happy with how Bama’s players are going about the process and how that’s affecting their ability to maintain the Alabama standard which in turn is tarnishing the legacy. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this type of criticism come from this many former players directed at current players during the season before? It will be interesting to see if this has a positive or negative effect on the team. Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea for former players to publicly criticize the current players … but that’s just me. How do you see it? Positive, Negative … or neither?

I don't give a @#$##@$@# It's a battle of older v.s. younger Generation... how they see things from their perspective. not everyone is the same. This whole thing going on social media is hurting the Bama program as whole all because of complaining. You can best believe Saban and others have reached out to them in recent weeks... I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't hear from them anymore after this week.

I don't give a @#$##@$@# It's a battle of older v.s. younger Generation... how they see things from their perspective. not everyone is the same. This whole thing going on social media is hurting the Bama program as whole all because of complaining. You can best believe Saban and others have reached out to them in recent weeks... I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't hear from them anymore after this week.
CNS did not back away from the poor perfornce in the press conference. He knows coddling players will never help them get better. There is probably better ways for the ex-players to communicate their frustration but lets not act like that performance doesn't deserve criticism. Being held to a standard is required. If the players and coaches are competitors as I believe they are they will respond accordingly and work to turn this around.

I have no problem with criticism if it is done in the right way. IMO, social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snap Chat are not the the places to put that criticism. I understand former players being upset and frustrated with what they saw on the field last Saturday. As @OldPlayer said, "It's only two games into the season. The sky is not falling." I wish nothing but the best from our current players. There is still plenty of time to make corrections. We have to remember, we got beat by a good team last week and a head coach that knows Alabama's system on defense very well.

The same thing some of y’all think dog piling on the current players is going to accomplish. The difference being is those former players built this
I've never "dog piled" on any player, so I don't appreciate that. Also, there is a massive difference between former players publicly crapping on players and fans complaining on a message board.

I've never "dog piled" on any player, so I don't appreciate that. Also, there is a massive difference between former players publicly crapping on players and fans complaining on a message board.
I didn’t mean you specifically, bad wording.

You’re right there is a massive difference ex players have put their blood, sweat, etc into the team, so if anybody has a right to complain it’s them

Back
Top Bottom