| FTBL Alabama's NIL collective launching campaign for fans to get involved

Alabama fans can now support the Crimson Tide’s NIL collective, High Tide Traditions.

The third-party entity was announced back in April and was established to “harness the power of name, image and likeness” with UA’s student-athletes to make and propel positive business relationships across the city, state, region and nation while working closely with UA licensing in order to protect student-athletes and ensure compliance with all NCAA and NIL policies.

Four months later, High Tide Traditions has created a way for fans to get involved.

From an HTT press release:

“Fans can join High Tide Traditions for as low as $9.99 a month and score quality, authentic swag. With 5 monthly commitment levels ranging from $9.99 - $29.99 per month, fans will receive escalating benefits and merch at each subscription level.

“Visit www.joinhtt.com or scan the QR code below to review the offerings included for each commitment level. Throughout the year, High Tide Traditions subscribers will also have access to many things University of Alabama Athletics related: Insider information, podcast, HTT member events, HTT authentic apparel offerings, limited memorabilia drops and many other offerings.”

In April, Alabama director of athletics Greg Byrne discussed the High Tide Traditions collective.

“High Tide Traditions is an opportunity to create name, image and likeness opportunities for our student-athletes that we can, in a very positive way, use the stage that we have at the University of Alabama to connect people and businesses and individuals with opportunities to maximize name, image and likeness opportunities for our student-athletes,” Byrne said.

“Just like anything else, we live in a very competitive world, and as soon as we knew that name, image and likeness was gonna be part of college athletics, it was gonna be part of recruiting. And obviously, young men and women are gonna be paying attention to where they think the best place for them is to go to school academically, competitively, from a coaching standpoint, and name, image and likeness is gonna be a part of that.

Support your team and receive a High Tide Traditions car magent and a Teammate Level GIFT of your choice.

Starter Membership Level – $14.99/month or $179.88/year

Support your team and receive a High Tide Traditions car magnet and a Starter Level GIFT of your choice.

All-Conference Membership Level – $19.99/month or $239.88/year

Support your team and receive a High Tide Traditions car magnet and an All Conference Level GIFT of your choice.

Champion Membership Level – $24.99/month or $299.88/year

Support your team and receive a High Tide Traditions car magnet and a Champion Level GIFT of your choice.

Legend Membership Level – $29.99/month or $359.88/year

Support your team and receive a High Tide Traditions car magnet and a Legend Level GIFT of your choice.

This was inevitable I suppose, but it still is disappointing. With ticket prices so high that the average fan can't afford to go to a game; with the price of team merchandise soaring; with the entire world facing inflation, supply shortages, layoffs, food shortages, and energy crunches; with professional athletes' salaries rising to unfathomable levels; with the average American racking up credit card debt like never before; this just seems like the height of arrogance and callousness. Not only do they want to be paid millions of dollars, but now they give us poor peons the opportunity to contribute to their massive wealth. I stopped buying Alabama merchandise years ago because I was sick of paying ridiculous prices for someone's name or logo.

This was inevitable I suppose, but it still is disappointing. With ticket prices so high that the average fan can't afford to go to a game; with the price of team merchandise soaring; with the entire world facing inflation, supply shortages, layoffs, food shortages, and energy crunches; with professional athletes' salaries rising to unfathomable levels; with the average American racking up credit card debt like never before; this just seems like the height of arrogance and callousness. Not only do they want to be paid millions of dollars, but now they give us poor peons the opportunity to contribute to their massive wealth. I stopped buying Alabama merchandise years ago because I was sick of paying ridiculous prices for someone's name or logo.

I won't lie, I just signed up to gain more information on what they have to offer. I am really disappointed the school no longer does Fan Day or anything associated with giving back to the fans for free. I know the coronavirus took away from some of that, but they sure as hell didn't mind finding a way to get season ticket holders to pay for their tickets and get them into the games and their donations during that time. Either way, I love collecting Alabama game worn items and getting autographs for my son. I like to personally get those items rather than buying through eBay or Fanatics, but felt this may offer that opportunity. While I'm not crazy about players making money on top of full rides, I am curious to learn about how it works and may participate if I can get my hands on game worn items.

Back
Top Bottom