| MBB/WBB Alabama's Grant Nelson sets NCAA all time mark with performance against UNC.

He picked us up and carried us down the stretch. Heck, we even had him bringing the ball up the court there for several possessions, even with Sears right there.
They put the game on his shoulders and he was equal to the task. Reminiscent of another huge win in LA over another #1 team. How huge? Not just a #1 seed on a neutral court but THE #1 ranked UCLA Bruins in Pauley Pavilion. On the day the school buried Coach Bryant. IMO, it doesn't get any bigger than that in Bama BB history. Not yet anyway. :D The key to that game was shutting down UCLA's 7' Center, Stuart Gray, and Mark Farmer did just that. Like a lockdown CB on a AA WR.

If it's Eads those calls aren't made.

BUT. If it's any team out there with a player coming off the bench and playing like he did against a starter(s) on a team like UNC? The game is just called that way: anticipated, perceived, and actual fouls.

Some shit. But seemed same on both ends. Unlkke AZ n Clemson.
Clemson pulled that out playing AZ n striped shirts

Stevenson, Walters, Wague, and Dioubate all did well last night. No. There wasn't a lot of point production. But they contributed a lot of the bench with their defense.

The bench statement was made from an offensive standpoint. WR was giving us about 15 pts. a game so not sure how that will be made up.

Last edited:
He picked us up and carried us down the stretch. Heck, we even had him bringing the ball up the court there for several possessions, even with Sears right there.

Thats kinda crazy though. Unless guards tired of dribbling. Lol

That was called in the huddle...his teammates were pointing to his hot hand. A, "Give it to Nelson" type of decision.

Look for Pringle's post game interview where he mentions Mudita. They learned that philosophy months ago when they had a team meeting with Murph; pre-season.

Are you kidding he is our best 3 pt. shooter we get very little off the bench and he has experience. So yeah we really need him.

Didn't need him last night against a very athletic North Carolina team AND averaged his percentage behind the arc. Nothing says he comes right back in after injury and doesn't skip a beat. I'm ride or die with what we have right now and fine with that

It’s great he had a big game, but is this “NCAA all time mark” an official record category?
Considering how they keep the oddest stats for the NCAA tourney? I'd wager he gets a notion.

I say that largely because he will be in the record books as one of only four players to record a 24/12/5 against the #1 seed. IF they are tracking it down to that detail?

I really hope somehow WR plays but main concern now is Pringle status we need him to help with Clemson interior.

There may be some small chance he could return for the Final 4 if Bama gets there, but I wouldn't count on it. I sure wish he was good to go, but the guys showed me something these last 2 games since he's been out. Seems like at the end of the regular season when he was out, the team lost their confidence and some guys lost their shot. I'm still convinced a lot of that had to do with the team being a bit tired. Now, they have their legs back (as much as can be expected), shots back, and their confidence cup runneth over... you could just see it in Nelson for example at the end of last night's game. And I really like that Clemson has already beat Bama this year.... Oats won't have to do much to get the guys to understand that this will be a war... they've already seen it.

There may be some small chance he could return for the Final 4 if Bama gets there, but I wouldn't count on it. I sure wish he was good to go, but the guys showed me something these last 2 games since he's been out. Seems like at the end of the regular season when he was out, the team lost their confidence and some guys lost their shot. I'm still convinced a lot of that had to do with the team being a bit tired. Now, they have their legs back (as much as can be expected), shots back, and their confidence cup runneth over... you could just see it in Nelson for example at the end of last night's game. And I really like that Clemson has already beat Bama this year.... Oats won't have to do much to get the guys to understand that this will be a war... they've already seen it.
I watched clemsons game too...
Officiciating was one sided to AZ...crowd was AZ.....announcers sounded like AZ network...( all my opinion i know). . but AZ couldn't buy a basket when needed,,,
And thos clemson guys turned up th D heat...

Should be a great game....whenever its on...

Back
Top Bottom