| GAME THREAD 🏈 Alabama vs Texas A&M ~ 7 CT on CBS TV 🏈

We have to do something at right tackle. He got abused all night. Malachi getting run early really hurt us. He would have been covering 85 and 0. They killed us. I mentioned early in the week I was actually feeling better about our chances of winning out unless we turned it over and made stupid penalties at bad times.

Give Texas A&M credit they had a great game plan and it took us until half to adjust. We came out in the second half and fought back but they made the winning plays and the QB had the best game of his life.

• we gave up 14 points off turnovers
  • gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown
  • turned it over on downs
  • Play calling sucked
  • Chris Owens is a disaster at RT which is hurting the rest of the OL
  • missing Sanders due to injury
  • losing M Moore early in the first quarter
  • awful penalties to extend drives
  • More drops than I have ever seen

And with all of this we were tied with the ball in the last 2 minutes with a chance to win the game in a crazy hostile enviroment. I have stated one of our issues is that we don't have game changers on offense this year.. no homerun hitters. Metchie is a great guy but too slow to be a #1 receiver. We need to put rotate him in the slot and just make him a possession receiver. Move him outside for runs and rub plays since he is smart. We need to get more speed on the field. 10 needs to play more, 11 needs to play more any other young talent. Time for the youth movement. Put one of the young tackles in at RT move owens back to center. THere is no chance a freshman could do worse than 79 is.. he cant move laterally at all.

Yep, that's what it takes to beat us. Tends to happen once every ten years or so. Zero reason Calzada should have played that well against us. We had absolutely zero push up front. I was ball watching all night, so I have zero clue what happened to William Anderson. Harris was nowhere to be found, and I can't understand how we let their couple of players beat us. It was a frustrating evening, but A&M dialed up one hell of a gameplan. It baffles me the best to ever do it never adjusted in game seeing his young quarterback harassed all night. Just a bad night.

All we can do now is get ready for next weekend and earn our way back in. Zero room for error, and maybe that's the urgency this team needed.

Aggie can't do shit right, can they? I see why Texas hates em'. Suppose to be a top team, look like crap all season and drop two games early then play the damn game of their lives against Bama. Calzada looked like the second coming of Joe Burrow against our D.

I wanted to say this when they lost to Arky but chose not because superstition. I figured I'd say it and they'd turn around and beat us, thus proving me right. I should have just said it.

Screw Aggie.

I was drunk. Still am. I apologize. I lost my shit. The responses to me were great👍 Made me laugh. I don't usually post during games. I consume to much of the liquid stupidity on football Saturdays. For what it's worth, I lost it WAY worse after the 2013 Iron Bowl. Not that that's something to brag about. Oddly enough, I handled the loss to Clemson in the 2018 CFP NCG fairly ok. But none of what I posted was ok and there's nothing I can say to make it ok
Dude. You need an intervention. I am drunk too (like close to seeing double drunk) but handling my shit. Please think about it.

Ha, I think we all got a little upset tonight. I think we can all be understanding when we just get beat, but it's totally understandable to get fired up about such a dud of a game, all around. Tough to swallow our team's performance.

I feel like some positions need to open up for competition in practice this week. We cannot trot out this product anymore.
i totally agree with your first paragraph. I also agree, in part, with some of your second. However, there also needs to be some serious attention to the current coaching staff particular the OC and DC. I think we all know our DC is like a roller coaster. Up one game and down another. As for the OC. He’s not a very good in game play caller or adjustments guy. We all got spoiled with Kiffin and Sark. Both could find a mismatch with their eyes closed.

We have to do something at right tackle. He got abused all night. Malachi getting run early really hurt us. He would have been covering 85 and 0. They killed us. I mentioned early in the week I was actually feeling better about our chances of winning out unless we turned it over and made stupid penalties at bad times.

Give Texas A&M credit they had a great game plan and it took us until half to adjust. We came out in the second half and fought back but they made the winning plays and the QB had the best game of his life.

• we gave up 14 points off turnovers
  • gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown
  • turned it over on downs
  • Play calling sucked
  • Chris Owens is a disaster at RT which is hurting the rest of the OL
  • missing Sanders due to injury
  • losing M Moore early in the first quarter
  • awful penalties to extend drives
  • More drops than I have ever seen

And with all of this we were tied with the ball in the last 2 minutes with a chance to win the game in a crazy hostile enviroment. I have stated one of our issues is that we don't have game changers on offense this year.. no homerun hitters. Metchie is a great guy but too slow to be a #1 receiver. We need to put rotate him in the slot and just make him a possession receiver. Move him outside for runs and rub plays since he is smart. We need to get more speed on the field. 10 needs to play more, 11 needs to play more any other young talent. Time for the youth movement. Put one of the young tackles in at RT move owens back to center. THere is no chance a freshman could do worse than 79 is.. he cant move laterally at all.

Some of the stuff on offense I can't understand for the life of me. There was little to no adjustments made at all. Once it's obvious they are just pinning their ears back and sending blitzes half the time - and not trying to hide that they are blitzing - there was literally no attempt made to throw some screens at them or even just quick slant passes. That may lie on both Bryce and O'Brien but at least Bryce seemed to start audibling in the second half. But the Chris Owens thing is just baffling. He has been bad all year, I mean really bad but tonight I don't think I've seen a single lineman play this poorly. He got beat constantly in pass pro, missed assignments and earned multiple penalties. At some point, you have to bite the bullet and put someone else even if you THINK he isn't ready. He's a liability, period.

Some of the stuff on offense I can't understand for the life of me. There was little to no adjustments made at all. Once it's obvious they are just pinning their ears back and sending blitzes half the time - and not trying to hide that they are blitzing - there was literally no attempt made to throw some screens at them or even just quick slant passes. That may lie on both Bryce and O'Brien but at least Bryce seemed to start audibling in the second half. But the Chris Owens thing is just baffling. He has been bad all year, I mean really bad but tonight I don't think I've seen a single lineman play this poorly. He got beat constantly in pass pro, missed assignments and earned multiple penalties. At some point, you have to bite the bullet and put someone else even if you THINK he isn't ready. He's a liability, period.
Maybe at tackle.... He was a good player inside last year.

Feels like there are some options here, so hopefully there is a group that meshes well and is uncovered soon!

Someone mentioned that they could not understand how a team that had lost to both Arkansas and Miss. St beat us. Simple explanation. Since last year Jimbo has spent 95% of his time preparing for Alabama and 5% on the rest of their schedule. The same can be said for Kiffin and Mullens. You can also bet the house that Auburn is doing the same thing and even Georgia if we get the opportunity to play them. Over the past 10 years most Alabama teams have known this and also realized they were the hunted. Yes, this current team has had some costly injuries but what we saw last night was probably a prepared team but also thinking just show up and win. That is very dangerous thinking especially if you’re undefeated, #1 and are the hunted.

Back
Top Bottom