| GAME THREAD Alabama vs Tennessee ~ 3:30ET on CBS TV

Game lost in 1st quarter. Backed up and #11 misses first down/TD pass in his hands. 14 point swing there. #34 on the punt killed us as well, 7 more points for them. Penalties and lack of creating turn overs is this team’s mantra. Been here before, as long as #9 is playing, we have a chance vs anybody.…

Read what you just posted players making mistakes, penalties and misplaying a punt. Jimmies and Joe's not X's and O's.
No.

That's the shit that you COACH, when it's that rampant THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.

I've been to CNS coaching clinics. I've coached at his camps.

The #1 mantra he preached to us coaches is...

"You're either coaching it, or you're letting it happen"

I give zero fucks how good of a recruiter PG is.

He fucking sucks as a gameday coach. And what happens on gameday is a direct result of what he's allowing to happen during the week. Which means he just plain fucking sucks, by Coach Saban's own standards.

He needs to go.

No.

That's the shit that you COACH, when it's that rampant THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.

I've been to CNS coaching clinics. I've coached at his camps.

The #1 mantra he preached to us coaches is...

"You're either coaching it, or you're letting it happen"

I give zero fucks how good of a recruiter PG is.

He fucking sucks as a gameday coach. And what happens on gameday is a direct result of what he's allowing to happen during the week. Which means he just plain fucking sucks, by Coach Saban's own standards.

He needs to go.

Maybe you should call CNS the defense starts and ends with him it's his choice who he has at DC. He is on the headset he hears what Golding is calling.

Maybe you should call CNS the defense starts and ends with him it's his choice who he has at DC. He is on the headset he hears what Golding is calling.
Lol.

You PG's cousin or something?

Look, I think CNS had high hopes for him because he is a pretty good recruiter.

It's not the play calling that's as much of the problem as it is just players with bad habits, zero ball skills, zero discipline, constantly out of place, constantly busting coverages, not playing the ball when it's in the air, etc. But go on creating a straw man trying to defect.

Pete Golding SUCKS as a coach.

Full stop.

There was multiple things going on. Tennessee had a plan to stack receivers and force a safety to cover a receiver down the field. We weren't able to adjust because we had to stay inn that D to stop the run. Granted our d-line was being held like crazy which is why they could run. the late flags after we made a play was upsetting the targeting calls. the play calling on offense was mind numbing.
Missed kick and bad start killed us. still chance to win the game and didn't get it done.

The refs have bama fatigue and it sucks for the boys. They were jobbed tonight and still almost won
Yup. 17 penalties to 6. I don't care what anyone says, that is not a fairly called game. And that last PI call was a travesty and the nail in the coffin. They were headhunting all night and no calls. Those refs were definitely looking in one direction tonight. It's a shame that it actually impacted the game as much as it did.

Yea, once again, said it earlier. Referees were rough today, but this is a common theme in quite a few Alabama games. Not sure if Bama fatigue is the issue or just something the refs have against us this year but call discrepancy is hugely in the favor of anyone playing us, except the Utah State game. It wasn't that the calls were undeserved as some of them definitely were. There were just a lot of ticky-tack calls and then when the shoe was on the other foot...no flags were thrown. An evenly called game would've looked more like 10 penalties to 7 or something, 17-6 is just highway robbery. Nothing we can do about it, but not the first crew this year to pull this kind of stuff. I think we had a chance to win this even despite all the BS no calls, which hurts.

Yea, once again, said it earlier. Referees were rough today, but this is a common theme in quite a few Alabama games. Not sure if Bama fatigue is the issue or just something the refs have against us this year but call discrepancy is hugely in the favor of anyone playing us, except the Utah State game. It wasn't that the calls were undeserved as some of them definitely were. There were just a lot of ticky-tack calls and then when the shoe was on the other foot...no flags were thrown. An evenly called game would've looked more like 10 penalties to 7 or something, 17-6 is just highway robbery. Nothing we can do about it, but not the first crew this year to pull this kind of stuff. I think we had a chance to win this even despite all the BS no calls, which hurts.
Chance to win....
FG from doing after all the bad that happened...
And
As was case vs A$M/ uga last year...to many un Bama type errors

Lol.

You PG's cousin or something?

Look, I think CNS had high hopes for him because he is a pretty good recruiter.

It's not the play calling that's as much of the problem as it is just players with bad habits, zero ball skills, zero discipline, constantly out of place, constantly busting coverages, not playing the ball when it's in the air, etc. But go on creating a straw man trying to defect.

Pete Golding SUCKS as a coach.

Full stop.
Sgt most of the problems you list belong at the doorstep of Charles Kelly, Robinson (new this year), and Nick Saban. The secondary is average at best but is given way too much hype. 2 and 9 were average last year along with 1. 3 took a beating yesterday and 13 needs to be on the bench period. 14 has gotten worked over these last two weeks as well.

If your plan is to outsmart every team each week then good luck.

That was a clusterfuk of a game from the get go. Why in the hell does Bama attempt to run back kickoffs instead of taking the 25. Now that is a big mistake and it cost us 3 times yesterday. As you know every time we attempt to return we get a block in the back and chances are it will be 11 that gets the penalty.

With all that said, if the FG kicker hadn't spit out the bite, then Bama wins.

Let's see which way this team goes.

What is the status on Tyler Harrell???? Did he see the field yesterday??? And I wonder if Ricks should have been inserted to help with the lack of speed at the safety position...

Getting close to sounding like an AU fan...
But it is true...no targeting or PF called on an obvious helmet hit to QBs face mask...
Yhats a head scratcher
Couple of PIs...late being called by back judge..very late
Bama lost the game enough on their own. But obvious player safety penalties like the targeting on Bryce or that PI with Facemask that were not called really piss me off. I expect Will Anderson will never get held in a single game no matter how hard the offensive line holds him and I deal with that. I do not expect Bryce to deal with multiple roughing that are not called, or our WR to have to deal with being tackled before the ball gets there and it not get called. Then a Tua injury happens and we wind up with the swing the other way.

No idea if the issue for #2 was a technique issue, coverage calls or just basic ability. This is the only area that I think it was more about what the Viles than us shooting ourselves in the foot. #2 was not going to be able to cover #11 no matter what. We have seen this very thing happen but it is usually on of our WR's against the opositions. This is an extreme example but for a point, I could be out on the field and have perfect technique and the perfect D call but still not have the ability to cover someone much faster than me. This is not correctable w/o recruiting. There is certainly not a quick fix.

Regardless of the reason the Viles found a matchup that favored them and they took advantage of it. Honestly most teams try to get their good WR's matched up with a safety so it is not just a Bama thing. That is a bad matchup for any team that puts the typical safetey on a WR.

Heck #1 for us is a nightmare matchup for the LB's not because the LB's are bad but they are just a different body type that sets up an advantage for the offense.

No idea if the issue for #2 was a technique issue, coverage calls or just basic ability. This is the only area that I think it was more about what the Viles than us shooting ourselves in the foot. #2 was not going to be able to cover #11 no matter what. We have seen this very thing happen but it is usually on of our WR's against the opositions. This is an extreme example but for a point, I could be out on the field and have perfect technique and the perfect D call but still not have the ability to cover someone much faster than me. This is not correctable w/o recruiting. There is certainly not a quick fix.

Regardless of the reason the Viles found a matchup that favored them and they took advantage of it. Honestly most teams try to get their good WR's matched up with a safety so it is not just a Bama thing. That is a bad matchup for any team that puts the typical safetey on a WR.

Heck #1 for us is a nightmare matchup for the LB's not because the LB's are bad but they are just a different body type that sets up an advantage for the offense.
Spot on. Remember Devonta being matched on the OSU linebacker? Defenses are going to have to reconsider the slot & have to have an extra true CB out there for some games.
With all of the rules favoring the offense, it really makes it hard on the defense

Back
Top Bottom