| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Routs LSU 106-66 to Earn Largest Victory Over LSU in Program History

Oats is going to have us wondering what is going on if the team does not win by 20+ :). It is a great thing to see ..... This team cleaning up turnovers and playing great D is a thing of beauty. Not getting frustrated like the teams of the past.

I did want to complain a little bit that we gave up 44 points in the 2nd half but I digress ..... This is turning into a special team that hopefully ends as a special season. Roll Tide gentelmen.

throw-the-damn-towel-gif-4.gif

I will say one thing, I didn't get as much joy beating LSU this bad because that asshole Will Wade wasn't on the other side. LSU actually looked like a respectful team and their coach seemed cool and calm on the bench. Started feeling bad towards the end for them.
Then you wake up and knew right then, you were having a bad dream!

I will say one thing, I didn't get as much joy beating LSU this bad because that asshole Will Wade wasn't on the other side. LSU actually looked like a respectful team and their coach seemed cool and calm on the bench. Started feeling bad towards the end for them.

Agree. I was thinking early in the game, "damn, save some of this for auburn..."

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 4/4 Alabama men's basketball team continued its winning ways in dominant fashion Saturday afternoon, routing LSU by 40 points, 106-66, in front of a sold-out crowd inside Coleman Coliseum. It was the largest victory in program history for the Tide over LSU and the most over an SEC-opponent since Alabama's 94-53 win over Auburn on March 2, 2005.

The Crimson Tide improved to 15-2 on the season with the win, including 5-0 in SEC play and 9-0 at home. Meanwhile, LSU, which entered the game receiving votes to be ranked, fell to 12-5 on the year and 1-5 in the league.

The Tide never trailed against the Tigers as freshman sensation Brandon Miller scored 22 of his 31 points in the opening half. It marked Miller's second 30-point game of the season and his sixth game surpassing the 20-point mark. Mark Sears, Rylan Griffen and Jahvon Quinerly all contributed 12 points, with Nick Pringle adding 10 to give Alabama five players in double-digits.

HEAD COACH NATE OATS POSTGAME COMMENTS​

"I Challenged our guys before the game to make sure that we were ready to go out of the gate, we need to play harder than them (LSU). I thought our rebounding to start the game was outstanding. At one point earlier in the game the second chance points were 18 to three. Obviously, we took a lot of threes but a lot of them came after an offensive board. Our defensive in the first half, offensive rebounding, a lot of effort stuff that's what I was most happy. Mentally, we told the guys our the focus is going to be on rebounding and the offense will take care of itself, let's make sure we play our blue-collar points that we chart, we doubled them in the game. We were trying to focus on those areas in the game and then to not turn the ball over and our offense will take care of itself, and it took care of itself tonight."

TEAM STATS​

• The win is the Tide's largest victory over LSU in program history
  • In five SEC contests this season, Alabama has outscored opponents by a combined 114 points (22.8 ppg) and has won every game by 11 or more points
  • Alabama led the contest wire-to-wire, including its largest lead of 42 points on a few occasions in the second half
  • Leading 13-9, Alabama scored 36 of the game's next 42 points over the next 11:44 to take a commanding 49-15
  • Alabama's 106 points is the most scored since its 115-82 win over Georgia on Feb. 13, 2021
  • UA improved now 5-0 in conference play for the second time in the past three seasons
  • LSU shot just 29.5 percent from the floor and 38 percent (8-of-21) from beyond the arc while the Tide shot 46.1 percent from the field and 37 percent (20-of-54)
  • It was the fourth time in program history that Alabama connected on at least 20 three pointers in a game (school record 23 at LSU on Jan. 19, 2021)
  • Alabama dominated the glass, outrebounding the Tiger's 52-38, including a 20-14 edge in offensive rebounds which led to a huge 32-8 advantage in second chance points
  • Alabama's bench contributed 50 points to LSU's 33

FIRST HALF​

• The Crimson Tide's offense overwhelmed the Tigers in the opening half, opening a 37-point halftime lead (59-22)
  • Alabama outrebounded the Tigers 26-14, scoring 18 second-chance points to LSU's three
  • Alabama's 59 first half points is the most points that the Tide has scored in the first half this season, topping the 51 points in the opening stanza against Jacksonville State (11/18)
  • Brandon Miller scored 22 points in the opening 20 minutes, shooting 8-of-11 from the field and 6-of-9 from beyond the arc
  • Alabama shot 50 percent (21-of-42) from the field in the period while only turning the ball over three times
  • The Crimson Tide's 14 three-pointers in the first half are the most in a half this season
  • UA's bench outscored the Tigers 20-2
  • LSU shot 25 percent (8-of-31) to score the lowest number of points in the first half this season
  • The Crimson Tide recorded out 12 first half assists, with Jaden Bradley leading the way with five

SECOND HALF​

• The Tide lead never got any lower than 33 points
  • Nick Pringle scored nine second half points and grabbed four offensive rebounds in his 10 minutes of action
  • Alabama dished out seven second half assists, with all seven coming from different UA players
  • The Crimson Tide produced nine points from 11 forced turnovers in the period
  • Alabama shot 86 percent (13-of-15) from the free throw line in the second half
  • Senior walk-on Adam Cottrell made his first career three-pointer in the closing minutes of the game

UP NEXT​

• Alabama will travel to Nashville, Tenn. to face the Vanderbilt Commodores Tuesday at Memorial Gymnasium
  • The game will tip-off at 7:30 p.m. CT and air live on SEC Network

The biggest stat on the game not mentioned here...

106 total points, 50 of which came from the bench.
I was just looking at the scoring sheet and thinking if I am an opposing coach how do you game plan against this team both defensively and offensively. I guess you have to try and limit Miller but then you have Sears, Quinerly, Clowney and others. You defend the 3 and then you get eaten alive in the paint. The inside presence, Defense and limiting turnovers and depth has put this team on a different level.

I was just looking at the scoring sheet and thinking if I am an opposing coach how do you game plan against this team both defensively and offensively. I guess you have to try and limit Miller but then you have Sears, Quinerly, Clowney and others. You defend the 3 and then you get eaten alive in the paint. The inside presence, Defense and limiting turnovers and depth has put this team on a different level.
Put em on the charity stripe....
They did well vs lsu but it appears to be the only real weakness

Back
Top Bottom