| FTBL Alabama opens as uncommon underdog against Michigan in Rose Bowl.

Yes I am sure. What you posted was after the 2015 season, the 2016 Playoffs. I'm referring to "after the 2016 season", undefeated with J Hurts
Which ever season it was, I do not recall us being dead legged. As a matter of fact I think we came out and hammered Clemson and basically shut them down in the first half. Played with an edge. However as the game wore on and Bo S got hurt and our offense kept going 3 and out until the dam finally broke. Our D was on the field for 100 plays. Even then it took a last second TD. The best Saban team not to win the Natty, That team could have gone down as his best if they could have finished.

Which ever season it was, I do not recall us being dead legged. As a matter of fact I think we came out and hammered Clemson and basically shut them down in the first half. Played with an edge. However as the game wore on and Bo S got hurt and our offense kept going 3 and out until the dam finally broke. Our D was on the field for 100 plays. Even then it took a last second TD. The best Saban team not to win the Natty, That team could have gone down as his best if they could have finished.
That's the idea i had as well. I couldn't figure out when we were deadlegged.

That's the idea i had as well. I couldn't figure out when we were deadlegged.
I remember Foster almost taking Watsons head off and spun him around almost 360 degrees. Clemson found a little success on the last drive of the half and that seems to spur some momentum for them. That and Bo S getting injured which left us with no offense.

Read sometime after the game that over preparation played a part in the loss. Don't recall where but it was noted again in something I read for the playoffs the next year (vs uClem and Ugaly) that play off game prep had changed from previous year.

Read sometime after the game that over preparation played a part in the loss. Don't recall where but it was noted again in something I read for the playoffs the next year (vs uClem and Ugaly) that play off game prep had changed from previous year.
Maybe someone did but I do not recall seeing it nor thinking that during the game. I do recall the bigger issue was RB injury which led to several back to back 3 and outs in the 2nd half. Probably not another team in the country could have managed 100 plays against that Clemson offense and even be in the game.

If I recall, Clemson won the game by running pick play against Bama. Clemson scored 21 points in 4th quarter.

here's the final sequence:
  • (2:07 - 4th) Adam Griffith kickoff for 53 yds , C.J. Fuller return for 20 yds to the Clem 32
  • 1st & 10 at CLEM 32​

(2:01 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Jordan Leggett for 5 yds to the Clem 37
  • 2nd & 5 at CLEM 37​

(1:56 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Mike Williams for 24 yds to the Alab 39 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at ALA 39​

(1:41 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Artavis Scott for a loss of 4 yards to the Alab 33 to Wayne Gallman for 10 yds to the Alab 33
  • 2nd & 4 at ALA 33​

(1:01 - 4th) Deshaun Watson run for 1 yd to the Alab 32
  • 3rd & 3 at ALA 32​

(0:28 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Hunter Renfrow for 6 yds to the Alab 26 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at ALA 26​

(0:20 - 4th) TEAM pass incomplete
  • 2nd & 10 at ALA 26​

(0:19 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Jordan Leggett for 17 yds to the Alab 9 for a 1ST down
  • (0:14 - 4th) Timeout CLEMSON, clock 00:14
  • 1st & Goal at ALA 9​

(0:14 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass incomplete to Jordan Leggett
  • 2nd & Goal at ALA 9​

(0:09 - 4th) Watson, Deshaun pass incomplete to Williams, Mike, PENALTY ALABAMA pass interference (Averett, Anthony) 7 yards to the ALABAMA2, NO PLAY, 1ST DOWN CLEMSON.
  • 1st & Goal at ALA 2​

(0:01 - 4th) Hunter Renfrow 2 Yd pass from Deshaun Watson (Greg Huegel Kick)
Clemson Tigers

Watson was that good.

Back
Top Bottom