| FTBL Alabama opens as uncommon underdog against Michigan in Rose Bowl.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
  • Michigan is favored over Alabama in the College Football Playoff semifinal, with the Wolverines opening as 2-point favorites.
  • This is the first time in 77 games that Alabama is considered an underdog against a non-SEC team.
  • Betting heavily favored Alabama over Florida State for the playoff spot, with odds shifting in their favor.

Alabama opens as uncommon underdog against Michigan in Rose Bowl

I was referring to the 97% one that was posted. This one is closer ro reality but I would argue it should be flipped with Bama at the 55.8% and UM 44.2%. More realistic but honestly I really have not watched UM so maybe they are all that plus we have enough games to show we can struggle.
I've mentioned ND in '12. Let me go a little more in detail with UM.

Over the last several years how often have I pointed to the changes in offensive football? Here's the next example.

In my view, there's only one team that's built to compete, offensively, on the playoff stage. They didn't have a QB this year. They aren't in the playoffs.

Over the last several years how often have I pointed to the changes in offensive football? Here's the next example.

In my view, there's only one team that's built to compete, offensively, on the playoff stage. They didn't have a QB this year. They aren't in the playoffs.
Ohio State? @TerryP you start talking about us dominating it makes me nervous. I think UM is going to be much tougher than you are saying. We will see. I am still under the belief that Harbough is average at best and Bama has a talent and coaching advantage and although much improved still can do some bonehead stuff.

Oregon??? 🤣🤣🤣

i watched michigan-osu game...
My only time watching michigan....looked impressive to me...
Big..tough...hard nose football....excellent QB...skilled players...reminded me of osu the year they beat bama...
Have not been able to win in cfps though... strange...

My money is on bama...but...throat a little dry thinking about it...

i watched michigan-osu game...
My only time watching michigan....looked impressive to me...
Big..tough...hard nose football....excellent QB...skilled players...reminded me of osu the year they beat bama...
Have not been able to win in cfps though... strange...

My money is on bama...but...throat a little dry thinking about it...

Looked like Ohio State the year they beat us? No way. Corum is good, but not Elliott good. McCarthy has nowhere near the arm 12-Guage had. They also have no receiver close to Michael Thomas either. Their lines are good, will give them that.

Yes, OSU.

I'm trying to talk myself out of the confidence I feel going into this game. I can't find a reason; yet. I'm working on myself.
I hope you are right for sure but didn't you have the same confidence against Texas this year? Maybe I am not recalling that correct but I know there have been a few cases where you were confident and the game was much tighter than you were suggesting it should have been. Started me thinking I am not going to let @TerryP feed me that rat poison any more :).

Certainly the way this Bama team has played at times you have to know it depends on which version shows up. Three things I see for this team is coaching, talent and resiliency. I guess you could say a fourth indirectly, UM has Harbough as their coach. Give him credit, he turned things around the last 2-3 years as he got over the Ohio State hump but most of that was after he started stealing signs. No doubt they are better than they were his first 5-6 years or however long he has been at UM. Before that he was mediocre and a clown.

I hope you are right for sure but didn't you have the same confidence against Texas this year? Maybe I am not recalling that correct but I know there have been a few cases where you were confident and the game was much tighter than you were suggesting it should have been. Started me thinking I am not going to let @TerryP feed me that rat poison any more :).

Certainly the way this Bama team has played at times you have to know it depends on which version shows up. Three things I see for this team is coaching, talent and resiliency. I guess you could say a fourth indirectly, UM has Harbough as their coach. Give him credit, he turned things around the last 2-3 years as he got over the Ohio State hump but most of that was after he started stealing signs. No doubt they are better than they were his first 5-6 years or however long he has been at UM. Before that he was mediocre and a clown.
I want to point out that if we hadn't played QB game early in this season and made Milroe the starter outright for the reason, I think we beat Texas. At end of the day and I'm not saying that to stroke @TerryP He get enough of that from the ladies at the bar.... I actually agree with him on this. I've watched all of the Michigan's game before and after thatt certain person's suspension... Let me tell you. They're soft. They should've lost 2 or 3 games this season, but they didn't.

We win easily because they don't have anyone to account for our WRs. We have several that stepped up this season. We have what they don't really have: Depth. It's same thing as LSU game: Do they have enough to keep up with us by the time third quarter rolls around. I 'm going to go on the record and say we will force turnovers and make Michigan panic because they are not built to play from behind. Bama will try and go fast as often and force them to keep up with Bama offense.

Back
Top Bottom