| MBB/WBB šŸ€ Alabama Notches 90-71 Win Over South Carolina on Senior Night

Getting outscored 23-8 at one point is just maddening and a microcosm of what this season has been. Completely capable of beating any team in the country, but not having the discipline nor the desire to play with 100% intensity every possession.

But not to focus on the negatives. Won on senior night; walk ons got to play (and played well); Quinerly is playing like he did last season; nearly 40% from 3; and had eight more boards than South Carolina.

How many more 3's is JD going to pass up?!?
I wish he'd just trust his jump shot more. It's not bad at all. He has a nice stroke.

What's killing me is he's deciding to fake his shot and then kick it out for a 3 with the shot clock winding down. Do that early in the possession and it's no problem. Oats wants one or two paint touches per possession before we attempt a three anyways. But what he doesn't want is someone passing up the opportunity on an open shot. No idea what's in his head right now.

Was able to see the first half and things were going well. Did not see the 2nd half but sounds like they hit a pretty rough patch. Going from 23 up to 6 would definitely have been maddening. Glad I did not have to watch it. Getting a win on Senior night is big. Winning something like 6 of the last 9 is coming at the right time. Lets see what we can do with the last two games. Would be nice to keep building on some late season momentum.

Was able to see the first half and things were going well. Did not see the 2nd half but sounds like they hit a pretty rough patch. Going from 23 up to 6 would definitely have been maddening. Glad I did not have to watch it. Getting a win on Senior night is big. Winning something like 6 of the last 9 is coming at the right time. Lets see what we can do with the last two games. Would be nice to keep building on some late season momentum.
I tell you who also has some late season momentum ā€¦ Arkansas. The SEC should be well represented in March madness this year! And what has happened to the ACC being a basketball conference? Other than the two perennials ie Duke and NC the rest of the teams have stunk.

I tell you who also has some late season momentum ā€¦ Arkansas. The SEC should be well represented in March madness this year! And what has happened to the ACC being a basketball conference? Other than the two perennials ie Duke and NC the rest of the teams have stunk.
Yeah us beating them when they were red hot is an even more impressive win big scheme. We are catching several of these teams playing their best ball when they face us. Arkansas, Vandy and A&m I believe all would fit that criteria. Fortunately A&M is at home so hope we do not blow that one.

D is playing better and JQ is playing his best basketball of the year right now just at the right time. If we can get some consistency out of JD/Ellis would be huge. FT shooting is solid need to cut down on turnovers and get the D more consistent for 60 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom