| MBB/WBB 🏀 Alabama Notches 90-71 Win Over South Carolina on Senior Night

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama begins its final homestand of the year when it welcomes the South Carolina Gamecocks to Coleman Coliseum Saturday at 5 p.m. CT on SEC Network. It will be the only contest between the teams during the regular season.

The Crimson Tide enters the contest having won four of its last five games following Tuesday night's 74-72 win at Vanderbilt. It was Alabama's third-straight win in Memorial Gymnasium which is the first time that's happened since 1985-87. The lone loss over the five-game stretch came at No. 4/3 Kentucky on Feb. 19 (lost, 90-81).

Saturday will also double as Senior Day with Keon Ellis, Jahvon Quinerly and James Rojas being honored following the contest. The trio has or will earn their diplomas during the 2021-22 year (seniors Tyler Barnes and Britton Johnson were honored last season, Noah Gurley is expected graduate in 2022-23 and will return next season).

In addition to honoring the graduates Saturday, Alabama also welcomes back the 2001-02 team in a halftime recognition. That team finished with an overall record of 27-8 (17-0 at Coleman Coliseum) and 12-4 in SEC play to win the program's first SEC regular season championship in 15 years. The Tide ended the year with a final ranking of No. 8 by the Associated Press. Erwin Dudley and Mo Williams were named SEC Player and Freshman of the Year, respectively, while Mark Gottfried was named Coach of the Year. Rod Grizzard also earned also earned all-league honors that memorable season.

The Broadcast​

• Saturday's game will be available on SEC Network with Mike Morgan (play-by-play) and Joe Kleine (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (courtside) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

I don't know if you guys caught this or not.

The '01-'02 team is going to be honored tonight along with the seniors. Dudley, Williams, Grizzard ... a few of the guys on that squad coached by Gottfried.

That was a fun season although in retrospect I'm filled with mixed feelings about honoring MG.

I don't know if you guys caught this or not.

The '01-'02 team is going to be honored tonight along with the seniors. Dudley, Williams, Grizzard ... a few of the guys on that squad coached by Gottfried.

That was a fun season although in retrospect I'm filled with mixed feelings about honoring MG.
Yeah saw that. That was indeed a really good team. Always loved all three of those guys. Grizzard I recall was streaky lefty that could be lights out when shooting well.

He got screwed on that offensive foul a minute ago...

JD... His recklessness irritates the hell out of me, but this kid will go get a rebound.
Then he needs to move positions and stop playing point. He's completely incapable of running a halfcourt set and also struggles dribbling the ball. He looks like an athlete picking up the basketball for the first time. This is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom