| PRO Alabama in the NFL Draft: 2018

I am hopeful that Bo Scarbrough can make the roster for the Cowboyz.....he needs a good break for a change. When he signed with Bama I thought he would be a round 1 guy. Wrong.

It was injuries man. He was beat up with two ACL's in high school. I think Coach knew he was needing to keep Bo's numbers low for the sake of giving the guy a chance to make the NFL. He kept his carry count low, got a chance to show he has the ability, and know he has a chance. I think it was all a plan once he got hurt with that foot .

2016 defensive starters in the draft(s):

CB Marlon Humphrey - 1st round, 2017 Draft
CB Minkah Fitzpatrick - 1st round, 2018 Draft
SS Ronnie Harrison - 3rd round, 2018 Draft
FS Eddie Jackson - 4th round, 2017 Draft
OLB - Ryan Anderson - 2nd round, 2017 Draft
ILB - Rashan Evans - 1st round, 2018 Draft
ILB - Reuben Foster - 1st round, 2017 Draft
OLB - Tim Williams - 3rd round, 2017 Draft
DE - Jonathan Allen - 1st round, 2017 Draft
DT - DaRon Payne - 1st round, 2018 Draft
DE - Dalvin Tomlinson - 2nd round, 2017 Draft

2016 defensive starters in the draft(s):

CB Marlon Humphrey - 1st round, 2017 Draft
CB Minkah Fitzpatrick - 1st round, 2018 Draft
SS Ronnie Harrison - 3rd round, 2018 Draft
FS Eddie Jackson - 4th round, 2017 Draft
OLB - Ryan Anderson - 2nd round, 2017 Draft
ILB - Rashan Evans - 1st round, 2018 Draft
ILB - Reuben Foster - 1st round, 2017 Draft
OLB - Tim Williams - 3rd round, 2017 Draft
DE - Jonathan Allen - 1st round, 2017 Draft
DT - DaRon Payne - 1st round, 2018 Draft
DE - Dalvin Tomlinson - 2nd round, 2017 Draft

That D not winning the title was painful. Too much Watson and not enough Bama offense.

Still a great accomplishment. You can't just look at one game and think they wasted their time. All of them won at least one SECC and one NC. This group being drafted have 2 national titles to their name. Bama is a tree shredding machine, there is no other way to describe this football program.

Does anyone know what happened to Hootie Jones? He wasn't drafted and I didn't see where he was offered a free agent. Was his injury that detrimental to his status? Or was he just not that good? Just curious.

Does anyone know what happened to Hootie Jones? He wasn't drafted and I didn't see where he was offered a free agent. Was his injury that detrimental to his status? Or was he just not that good? Just curious.
Coach Saban is very loyal to his players. I wish all the best to Hootie. Thompson should much more athletic and football savvy once he replaced Hootie at safety (injury). JMO of course.

Another draft, another year Elway refuses to take Alabama guys. Considering he's about the shittiest drafter in the modern era maybe he should give it a shot

Are you a Broncos fan? Im seriously not being a dick here but I hear this complaint about the Steelers (until now) and a cpl of other teams. I mean there's 32 teams, there's just going to be some teams that dont take a Bama player for a few years (for various reasons). I mean Elway literally just signed Cyrus Kouandjio, so I dont think he has some vendetta against Bama players.

Another draft, another year Elway refuses to take Alabama guys. Considering he's about the shittiest drafter in the modern era maybe he should give it a shot

Are you a Broncos fan? Im seriously not being a dick here but I hear this complaint about the Steelers (until now) and a cpl of other teams. I mean there's 32 teams, there's just going to be some teams that dont take a Bama player for a few years (for various reasons). I mean Elway literally just signed Cyrus Kouandjio, so I dont think he has some vendetta against Bama players.

Yes I'm a donkeys fan.

And it's been noted many times in the local media that Elway stays away from drafting Bama players because he believes they're physically worn down by draft day. I don't believe that to be made up, and have no reason to believe otherwise. He's never drafted a single 1 and has only signed CK and Jarrell Harris to the practice squad.

And in all honesty I understand that point, but lumping them all together especially the guys who leave early is kind of weird... Significantly lowering your pool of players at certain positions in the first few rounds and the rest of the league knows you're not considering Bama dudes. I can't speak on Pittsburgh but I know Elway won't touch the Good Guys.

Quick google search has an article from Woody Paige last week. CHeck it out:

During the Elway Era, the Broncos have not drafted a University of Alabama player. Even before, the Broncos selected only five Tide, the same number as they have picked from Alcorn State and fewer than the six chosen from Florida A&M and Northwestern.
Although coach Nick Saban has won five national championships, including last season, since taking over in Tuscaloosa, Ala., in 2009, the Broncos didn’t draft even one player from those title or playoff teams.
So, although the Tide had five players at the Senior Bowl (on the squad the Broncos’ staff didn’t coach), 14 players at the NFL Combine, as many as a dozen players who will be drafted, and possibly five in the first round, it’s highly likely the Broncos won’t draft any Alabama Alum.
It’s beyond bizarre.
Of the 57 draft prospects the Broncos have connected with at the Senior Bowl and the Combine, at Pro Days and in visits to Dove Valley, only one played at Alabama. Anthony Averett, ranked from the seventh-to-10th best cornerback in the draft, made a late visit to Denver recently. He was supposed to play in the Senior Bowl, but backed out because of a sprained ankle.
Yet, the Broncos have not talked with Minkah Fitzpatrick, who will be available at the Broncos’ draft position – No. 5. He is considered among the top 10 in every analysis because of his versatility as a safety, an outside and slot cornerback and even an extra linebacker.
An NFL theorist told me he believes John Elway and the Broncos are not committed to Alabama players because Saban may burn them out during their college careers. That notion seems completely illogical, but the Broncos haven’t acknowledged why they don’t draft Saban-trained players.
Woody Paige: The Broncos' puzzling aversion to Alabama players

Last edited:

There are only two, Philly and denver.

Back
Top Bottom