| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Falls 87-71 to Texas A&M in Home Finale

Coaching?? I guess today I am a little down on Oats. I expected more from this team and in his ability to not allow it to drop off as much as it has from last year.
He’s a great recruiter but talent alone doesn’t win games. The talent has to include players with a great work ethic, it must include a few leaders and they have to have chemistry with one another. Otherwise, you have a talented team on paper only. And if an NBA team drafts JD in the 1st Round then I know I don’t know enough about BB to continue commenting on this section. I simply do not see how he will become a one and done high pick player based upon his performance thus far. He’s a turnover machine … he’s not a great ball handler … and he’s not a lights out scorer. The only thing that stands out about him is his hair and it looks ridiculous to me. In my opinion, if you’re going to sport such an outrageous look you had better be really good.

Unfortunately I think this is true. A few months ago I pondered if Oats is our Malzone? I sure hope not but he has to be able to adapt (see Saban) because if you just do one thing the coaches and players in the SEC are just to good. That is what happened to Mr gimmick in football and it eventually caught up with him.

I think they certainly have some similarities in terms of being married to their system, former HS coaches who reached the top quickly, and neither have an abundance of humility yet carry a bit of a sharp edge attitude wise (a trait often found with HS coaches who dominate at the HS level). But, I think a big difference is, Oats goes out of his way (and always has if you listen to some of his podcast style interviews) to seek out other coaches at all levels to try and improve his methods/coaching (where as Gus trusted nobody, not even some on his on staff at times and it hurt his ability to evolve). So basically while I think they share some personality traits, they are different in how they actually coach.

Back
Top Bottom