| FTBL AL A BAM A vs O Miss Score

The more I think about it the more I think BAMA throws a beat down on the REBS.
1 Defense is actually playing good except for a few busts here and there.
2 Team I believe rallies around Milroe and are pumped.
3. You just know Kiffen running his mouth has got Saban ready to spank Kiffen like AJ McCarron.

Bama 35
Ole Piss 13

Much like Texas, I could see this game going in two entirely different directions. Unlike most teams under Saban (pretty much all of them other than this year and last year), this group is really difficult to read. It's a very talented grab bag but with more duds mixed in than we are used to seeing.

On the practice thing.... this goes along with what Terry brought up a couple days ago in the Sink or Swim thread... Not sure I would say practices have been the "best", but there's been a bigger emphasis on the little things, which means guys are getting coached harder than some previous weeks. To an observer, it can sometimes appear (and sound) that things aren't going well... and sometimes they aren't. But other times, it's a good indication that attention to detail and assignments are being hammered home, and nothing is being dismissed or overlooked.

A note on Milroe... some may remember back 2 years ago when it was discussed here that he had a special offensive package installed for him... it was never really needed/used, but it was practiced regularly throughout the last 2 seasons. My understanding is, this week has been a bit or a refresher course on some of that and then some.
I see thinkgs like this and scratch my head. Makes no sense that they have not been doing this all along. If they have not then CNS has not been holding them accountable as he should. You guys know I am a CNS fan but this should be the norm. If has not been been doing this it sure explains a lot about what we have been seeing this year and last year.

I see thinkgs like this and scratch my head. Makes no sense that they have not been doing this all along. If they have not then CNS has not been holding them accountable as he should. You guys know I am a CNS fan but this should be the norm. If has not been been doing this it sure explains a lot about what we have been seeing this year and last year.

It's not a situation where they normally just let things go, but there's only so much time in each period to get stuff done. Some stuff gets "cleaned up" later, remember even practices are filmed and reviewed. I took it as they are making more corrections on even the smaller details, trying to improve and get sharper in a certain area(s).

It's not a situation where they normally just let things go, but there's only so much time in each period to get stuff done. Some stuff gets "cleaned up" later, remember even practices are filmed and reviewed. I took it as they are making more corrections on even the smaller details, trying to improve and get sharper in a certain area(s).

IMO this game is more about CNS and the coaching staff than the players. It’s not normal for Coach Saban to just let this kind of performance linger on without, at least, corrections, changes, and etc.

I get there is not enough time but if you do not get the foundation right nothing else matters. I get you can't catch everything real time so you clean up after watching film but if you see it enough times you start looking for it in practice and you start fixing it real time.... Does not seem like CNS would let things slide based on my perception of CNS over the years. Letting little things slide is a recipe for failure.

I get there is not enough time but if you do not get the foundation right nothing else matters. I get you can't catch everything real time so you clean up after watching film but if you see it enough times you start looking for it in practice and you start fixing it real time.... Does not seem like CNS would let things slide based on my perception of CNS over the years. Letting little things slide is a recipe for failure.
That's why Alabama is October team. They self scout throughout September....

Let me try this a different way. Alabama has done a poor job running the ball up to this point, in terms of what they believe they are capable. They expected it, and needed it, to be the strength of the offense (for other things to flow). This week, an effort was made to get that on track... it involved lots of reps and an extra dose of coaching for all involved.... the offensive line, the tight ends/H-Backs, the receivers, the backs, and certainly not least, Milroe.

It is a matter of the players listening and wanting to get better more than it is the coaches coaching harder. I know this from coaching my girl's softball team. When they were winning and playing well they didn't listen to a thing I said at practice. If they lost or didn't play well they were all ears at practice. Basically I was saying the same things either way.

It is a matter of the players listening and wanting to get better more than it is the coaches coaching harder. I know this from coaching my girl's softball team. When they were winning and playing well they didn't listen to a thing I said at practice. If they lost or didn't play well they were all ears at practice. Basically I was saying the same things either way.
CNS has enough players to play the ones that practice best and listen. Do not do that then you do not play. Oh and you coach them hard real time. That is where the angry CNS comes into play or at least someone needs to be on the practice field.

CNS has enough players to play the ones that practice best and listen. Do not do that then you do not play. Oh and you coach them hard real time. That is where the angry CNS comes into play or at least someone needs to be on the practice field.
Good points. I was lucky if I had 9 at any one time that could play winning softball. :D

Back
Top Bottom