| FTBL AL A BAM A vs. Missouri Score?

Sure they report the injury, but they dont have to report whether they play or not. List him as doubtful doesnt mean he wont play. Their 2nd team guy really sruggles in the passing game, so theyll lean on the run. With Cook, load up to stop the run and he has the ability to torch that ass.
Here's something to consider:

Questionable vs. Doubtful​

Per the NFL rules, when a player is listed as Questionable (Q), there is uncertainty if that player will play that week, while the Doubtful (D) tag means a player is unlikely to be available. In short, questionable should mean that a player is truly 50/50 that week, and doubtful implies the chances are slim.

The numbers do not necessarily reflect that, as some NFL teams do not use the Questionable tag correctly. Doubtful was more straightforward.

Listed as Questionable on Team's Final Injury Report

• 71% of players ended up playing
  • 29% of players did not play
Listed as Doubtful on Team's Final Injury Report

• 94.1% of players did not play
  • 5.9% of players end up playing

I really don't see Cook playing Saturday. IF they use the report to play mind games with Alabama, then SEC would frown on that.

Teams are playing some games with the weekly availability reports, but if they do anything too egregious, they can/will get fined by the league. It's much harder to manipulate the injury report in the NFL for a number of reasons, though it still happens every once and a while (and the team and HC usually get fined). Kinda happened once this season with McCaffrey and the 49ers, though I think they skated the fine(s)... but it's pretty rare... and teams don't want to bring too much unneeded scrutiny on them from the league office. In the SEC it's not quite as strict.

On Cook, if he plays he will certainly be limited. Not sure he even makes the trip though, we will find out on Friday. If the sprain was as bad as rumored, he could be getting the tightrope deal done like Tua, Hurts, etc had done which would put him down for a couple weeks, minimum. And the way the line is moving, it looks like some sharps know he's definitely out.

Alabama 27 - Missouri 21. Missouri's receivers will get open, and Burden will likely hit deep once or twice in my mind. Wease as well if we focus on Burden. Running back out and likely 3rd string quarterback in (Is Horn 2nd String? - Out), so I think we should find a way to win.

This team is so inconsistent in every way, shape, and form that it’s hard to get a good feel for them. You can look at the in game matchups and such where Bama should have the advantage, but that hasn't seemed to matter much in the last 3 weeks. They have no identity. And while the defense is looking a little more stabilized lately, the offense is in reverse. The attention to detail on every level from the players to the staff has been shoddy at best. They shoot themselves in the foot so much that it’s a damn shame George Wilson isn’t an honorary captain every week. Mizzou being without 2 of their top 3 offensive players would certainly be helpful to Bama, but I’m still in a, ‘prove it to me!’ frame of mind with this Tide squad. Until they show me that they can get back to burying a team like they should, my trust in them is low and leaking by the week. The good news, other than Mizzou likely being short handed on offense, is they aren't very explosive even with Cook and Noel. The bad news, they are pretty good at the nickle and dime, chain moving game and on 3rd downs (which we've seen Bama struggle with).

I’ll say Bama wins 24-20, but I honestly don’t feel super confident about anything on the field right now. My hope is that there is some good energy in the crowd early and the team feeds of of it. Milroe flushes the last 2 weeks and they have a good plan on both sides that is executed both clean and efficiently. Do that, and it'll be a fun afternoon to watch some Alabama football. But it just feels like that's asking way too much right now...

I think people are starting to come around on what this team is right now.

When we are reading injury reports and our hope is the opposition is not at full speed that speaks volumes for where things stand.

It's a matter of "what they could be" vs. "what they have been" that I wrestle with. And it isn't really 1 major thing that's keeping them muzzled, it's a bunch of small things. On one hand, that seems better in that it's all stuff that pretty easily fixable. On the other hand, it hasn't been fixed, so maybe just having 1 major hole would be better at this point. I don't know. The Keon Sabb injury is concerning though, especially going forward into LSU.

It's a matter of "what they could be" vs. "what they have been" that I wrestle with. And it isn't really 1 major thing that's keeping them muzzled, it's a bunch of small things. On one hand, that seems better in that it's all stuff that pretty easily fixable. On the other hand, it hasn't been fixed, so maybe just having 1 major hole would be better at this point. I don't know. The Keon Sabb injury is concerning though, especially going forward into LSU.
My comments after the UGA game aligned with this. I said my takeaway after that game was they have a really high ceiling but they have a loooong way to go. That comment was based on the difference in the 1st half vs 2nd half. Still stands but it is getting harder to rationlize that the 1st half wasn't anything other than the exception.

My comments after the UGA game aligned with this. I said my takeaway after that game was they have a really high ceiling but they have a loooong way to go. That comment was based on the difference in the 1st half vs 2nd half. Still stands but it is getting harder to rationlize that the 1st half wasn't anything other than the exception.

The longer it keeps going, the more and more that it becomes, "that's what they are..." I really expected this team to have improved quite a bit, especially on offense, by this point in the season. It concerns me a bit that the trend in a couple of areas has been negative. I still believe though that the potential is there... the hour glass is just running out on getting it tapped.

The longer it keeps going, the more and more that it becomes, "that's what they are..." I really expected this team to have improved quite a bit, especially on offense, by this point in the season. It concerns me a bit that the trend in a couple of areas has been negative. I still believe though that the potential is there... the hour glass is just running out on getting it tapped.
I really figured with the talent there they would progress through the season, typical learning curve with a new system, but i haven't seen any overall progression as a team so at this point I've given up hope that they will become anything other than what they are, inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom