| FTBL Aggie fan here

G

So, anyone up for trading Fran for Saban?
Didn't think so. Just joined this bbs and hoped to discuss some football. I think you guys will win 7-8 games this year. Your offense should be strong throughout the year but your defense will take some time to understand Saban's schemes. By the end of the year your defense will be very tough. Should make the iron bowl very interesting. I think y'all will beat LSU. I like Matt Flynn as a QB. I just don't see where LSU is going to get their running game from. Also need to find some WRs. They have talent, blah, blah, blah. They were the most talented team in the country last year and still lost two games. With Les Miles as their leader, no loss is too far out of reach. Their defense is talented and fast but so is every other defense in the SEC (save Vandy, UK, Ole Miss). I think Bama will make a run at the SEC title next year. Course, anything is possible if the defense picks up the schemes quick enough.

Welcome, Bocephus. Sounds like you have a handle on Bama and LSU. I will be satisfied (not happy, exactly) with an 8-win season. Anything above that will be icing on the cake. I live in LSU country and have always like Flynn at QB. If I have to trade a loss for a win, I'll give up the LSU game for a win at Auburn. But, only for this year.:D

Btw, it's about time for the Aggies to really put it together, isn't it?

Again, welcome to the site. The other guys are either eatin' or sleepin'. :lol:

The talent is there, but who knows if Fran will get it done. Decisions by Fran last year cost us two games (did not kneel the ball when up against NU, and did not run Lane on 3rd and goal from the 2). Maybe he got smarter in a year but I doubt it. Big question to me is our speed on defense. Ever since Fran arrived with his "S&C program" we have gotten slower and slower as a team. We got a new S&C coach from KSU this year so hopefully we will see some results on the field.

bama_is_back.jpg

hey there , btw I loved the stache thread that was going for so long on one of ya'lls forums.

You guys have some tough opponents on the road this year. Good luck with that. If nothing else you got new uniforms!

I won't give ya to rough a time, especially with that first post introduction.

Tell you what! You throw in a case of Lone Star Light and we might have ourselves a deal. :lol:

When I was a young airman in the service I spent some time in Texas and since we were always broke a buddy of mine (who was from the area) always had us loading up on Lone Star Light before parties. Tasted terrible and only went for like $2.79 a case. :lol: But it was beer and that was the important thing. :D

So what do you think about Franchione yourself? When I read Aggie boards there never seems to be any middle ground with him. There are always two factions. (A) The "off with his head" faction, and (B) the "pumper" faction. There's no in between it seems.

So what's the deal? Win atleast 9 or he's gone? What is the word out there?

porkchop said:

Tell you what! You throw in a case of Lone Star Light and we might have ourselves a deal. :lol:

When I was a young airman in the service I spent some time in Texas and since we were always broke a buddy of mine (who was from the area) always had us loading up on Lone Star Light before parties. Tasted terrible and only went for like $2.79 a case. :lol: But it was beer and that was the important thing. :D

So what do you think about Franchione yourself? When I read Aggie boards there never seems to be any middle ground with him. There are always two factions. (A) The "off with his head" faction, and (B) the "pumper" faction. There's no in between it seems.

So what's the deal? Win atleast 9 or he's gone? What is the word out there?

LOL I had this one night in Del Rio ...

hell, I'll give you TWO cases of Lone Star if you'd take Fran off our hands and we would get Saban.

I am not a fan of Fran. He comes off as arrogant and it does not help that his little lacky Mike McKenzie handles a lot of his interaction with the fans/press. Fran is too big of a believer in HIS system. He has never recognized that you have to put your current players in the best place for them to succeed, not just force feed a system down thier throat and wait to get players you think will get it done for you.

I wanted him fired after last year but the win over tu saced his ass. If we don't win 10 this year I want him done. Bottom line is that you do not pay a guy one of the top 10 salaries in the country for top 30 results, which is the best he has produced since arriving in Aggieland.

yeah, Lone Star is terrible and so is Pearl Light and unfortunately my wife is also a big A&M fan. She was real good friends with that Jamar Taylor fellow. They went to high school together. But as far as LSU's running game is concerned, I would be thrilled to have Keiland Williams at Bama. That kid is going to be a stud and I think most LSU fans know it.

Welcome to the fun! It is always good to have objective-ish people posting on this forum.

As for the Saban - Fran trade......no. I think we have the best in the country. I was hurt to see Fran go and go the way he went.

porkchop said:

Blasphemy!!! :lol:

Welcome Bocephus, I can't thank your University enough for taking Fran from us. It all worked out for the best.....well at least for us :lol: . As for your team, they should have a pretty good season this year.

Id like to see the Aggies do good.. but its gonna be tuff on you guys in that big 12 south though, that division should be one hell of a fight to see who comes out on top..

Does fran still use that "hold the rope" line? or did he burn the rope so yall dont give him a good Texas Linching

Bocephus said:
hell, I'll give you TWO cases of Lone Star if you'd take Fran off our hands and we would get Saban.

I am not a fan of Fran. He comes off as arrogant and it does not help that his little lacky Mike McKenzie handles a lot of his interaction with the fans/press. Fran is too big of a believer in HIS system. He has never recognized that you have to put your current players in the best place for them to succeed, not just force feed a system down thier throat and wait to get players you think will get it done for you.

I wanted him fired after last year but the win over tu saced his ass. If we don't win 10 this year I want him done. Bottom line is that you do not pay a guy one of the top 10 salaries in the country for top 30 results, which is the best he has produced since arriving in Aggieland.

Back
Top Bottom