| FTBL A Question for the LSU fans

bear facts

Verified Member
What will be Coach Miles' fate should he lose on Saturday?

Could we have repercussions similar to those surrounding Mike Archer's demise after his visited BDS in 1990?

Here's a link to the recap of the game:

Recap

Some claim that what transpired in the fourth quarter was really the final act, which set the wheels in motion for Archer's firing, though dropping 4 out of LSU's last 5 games didn't help matters.

After the Bama game, Archer was harshly criticized for sending in 3rd-string qb Moock while LSU was pinned back near the endzone and Bama up only 10-3 with over 13 minutes left in the game. LSU called a pass play out in the flat and Bama's Spencer Hammond intercepted, returning it 12 yards for a TD. LSU never recovered after that.

From the get-go, some LSU supporters were not happy when Mike Archer was named head coach in 1987, and for good reason--a contingency of LSU supporters were not keen with the decision to turn over a nationally-respected team to a young coach with no previous head coaching experience. Archer was chosen over a number of interviewed candidates, which reportedly included Steve Spurrier, Mike Shanahan and Mack Brown. Ironically, Arnsparger would later hire Spurrier at Florida, and the Gators would become a national powerhouse.

There are rumblings amongst Tiger fans right now, questioning Miles' competency as a head coach, so what will likely happen to Coach Miles should Alabama defeat LSU on Saturday?

It would be interesting. First off, less than 1% of LSU fans are worried about Les Miles' competency right now. He pretty much has our confidence.

I think if LSU were to be upset this weekend, then it would be similar to a heart murmur. LSU fans would be like "what the hell was that," and they would be cautious and nervous. I honestly doubt it would immediately lead to the demise of Coach Miles, but it would scare many people. People would be waiting to see what happened next. If somehow, LSU still won the west and the SEC, I think Miles would get a pass for the upset.

Whenever LSU lost to UAB several years ago, Saban wasn't really called out. Some people wanted his head, but for the most part we still didnt know what he or LSU were capable of accomplishing. Now that we know LSU can play with the best, a loss to a lesser opponent (especially this lesser opponent) might cause more of an uproar...but not a definite fallout.

Im just glad we won't have to worry about this mess!! :lol:

LSUstudent said:
It would be interesting. First off, less than 1% of LSU fans are worried about Les Miles' competency right now. He pretty much has our confidence.

I think if LSU were to be upset this weekend, then it would be similar to a heart murmur. LSU fans would be like "what the hell was that," and they would be cautious and nervous. I honestly doubt it would immediately lead to the demise of Coach Miles, but it would scare many people. People would be waiting to see what happened next. If somehow, LSU still won the west and the SEC, I think Miles would get a pass for the upset.

Whenever LSU lost to UAB several years ago, Saban wasn't really called out. Some people wanted his head, but for the most part we still didnt know what he or LSU were capable of accomplishing. Now that we know LSU can play with the best, a loss to a lesser opponent (especially this lesser opponent) might cause more of an uproar...but not a definite fallout.

Im just glad we won't have to worry about this mess!! :lol:

You mean to tell me the Tiger faithful would not be on Miles for dropping a second game with the talent he's got? He was already a couple plays away from having three losses going into the Bama game. Wouldn't you agree this team is underachieving right now? Come to think of it, even Tulane outplayed y'all for one half.

I ain't gonna bite on that "we're satisfied with Les" routine. My wife's from SW Louisiana, so I have plenty of opportunities to spend some time down there ('bout once a month), and the in-laws and acquaintances are always poor mouthin' him. But then again you are in Baton Rouge where the real homers reside.

There was one big difference when Saban lost to UAB; that team did not possess the talent this LSU team has.

Aren't you gonna be upset if LSU is sent back to Red Stick with a loss, especially if Les tries to roll the dice again and isn't so lucky? Be honest.

Come'on, I visited tiger droppings after the Kentucky defeat. Those fans weren't at ease with Miles.

Don't you think there's more riding on this game in terms of what a loss might mean for your program? Have you thought about that?

Complete meltdown is the answer.

Even with Miles on the LSU sideline and Saban on ours.........LSU wins going away :cry: Our D is just too void of athletes at this point.Thats my opinion so go ahead tell me Im an Aub in disguise. :roll:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Complete meltdown is the answer.

Even with Miles on the LSU sideline and Saban on ours.........LSU wins going away :cry: Our D is just too void of athletes at this point.Thats my opinion so go ahead tell me Im an Aub in disguise. :roll:

There's the Lenny we all know and love!

The good news is...... that I thought UT would score at will also. :D Heres to hoping Im just as far off (or more) in my prediction this week as I was for UT!! 8)

SHHHH dont tell Miles...... but if you just run directly at Bama youll score 35 :? check out the times UT scored and the percentage of run to pass. I think youll find they got away from the run too early

Lenny Kozlowski said:
The good news is...... that I thought UT would score at will also. :D Heres to hoping Im just as far off (or more) in my prediction this week as I was for UT!! 8)

SHHHH dont tell Miles...... but if you just run directly at Bama youll score 35 :? check out the times UT scored and the percentage of run to pass. I think youll find they got away from the run too early

So are you suggesting that Hester will have a big night?

Lenny Kozlowski said:

I'm in your camp. LSU is better than BAMA in nearly every phase, they are deeper, they have superior athletes and more speed. The thing BAMA has going for them is a hostile home crowd that could cause LSU some issues and the fact that if this game comes down to coaching, Saban will checkmate Lester 99 times out of 100. Also, if KY can beat LSU, BAMA can beat LSU. It will not be easy though, and the Tide is going to have to make 3rd down stops and do a good job against LSU's running game. That is my biggest worry... Hester and his buddies.

The good news is, like Lenny, I was way off on the Tenn game...

Porterhouse said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

I'm in your camp. LSU is better than BAMA in nearly every phase, they are deeper, they have superior athletes and more speed. The thing BAMA has going for them is a hostile home crowd that could cause LSU some issues and the fact that if this game comes down to coaching, Saban will checkmate Lester 99 times out of 100. Also, if KY can beat LSU, BAMA can beat LSU. It will not be easy though, and the Tide is going to have to make 3rd down stops and do a good job against LSU's running game. That is my biggest worry... Hester and his buddies.

Do you think the Bama defense will be able to apply pressure to Flynn?. When he's on his heels, he's a mistake waiting to happen.

I was really surprised how MF wilted under Tulane's pressure in the first half of that game. You would have thought there was a freshman quarterback on the field for LSU.

I actually hope we don't get pressure on Flynn. Us getting pressure on him will force him to scramble.

To be completely honest, I fear Flynn's 4.6 wheels in the open field. We don't have the lateral speed within our linebacker corps to hang with that, in my opinion. His scrambling would also open up the pass to Doucet and LaFell. I vote for knocking him down a couple of times, but living in the backfield might not be our best option.

bear facts said:
Porterhouse said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Do you think the Bama defense will be able to apply pressure to Flynn?. When he's on his heels, he's a mistake waiting to happen.

I believe they can, but I don't think BAMA will have the success that Tulane did by any means.

Elephantitis said:
I actually hope we don't get pressure on Flynn. Us getting pressure on him will force him to scramble.

To be completely honest, I fear Flynn's 4.6 wheels in the open field. We don't have the lateral speed within our linebacker corps to hang with that, in my opinion. His scrambling would also open up the pass to Doucet and LaFell. I vote for knocking him down a couple of times, but living in the backfield might not be our best option.

Yep, it's gonna be interesting to actually see what Bama's game plan is gonna be on both sides of the ball.

If there was one opposing coach who would know the weaknesses of some of these LSU players, it would have to be CNS. I am anxious to see how he and his staff approach LSU offensively and defensively.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Btw, a Mighty Roll Tide Welcome, Elephantitis!

schroeders-elefante.jpg

first off, please don't ever assume LSU nation is summed up by tigerdroppings. Secondly, I do not feel that this team has underachieved. We have won some close games against some really good teams. If being considered as one of the best teams in the nation is underachieving, then I think we would all wish to underachieve every year. Les will win this one and all will be swell.

By the way Bear Facts, I am from the Lake Charles area so i know the fans and the area over yonder

With all due respect, man, the point is that LSU should not even be involved in close games, much less losing to the likes of Kentucky. In my eyes, LSU has much more talent than Auburn and Florida. Yet, you needed to dig deep into your bag of tricks to pull out each game.

The LSU team that pummeled Virginia Tech is the squad that should be showing up every Saturday. That win was not a fluke, despite that team being in hibernation since the second week of the season.

There is no need to respect me...I thought I established that a while back. Anywho, no team EVER goes through a season totally dominating with no close calls, with no controversy, etc. This LSU team is no exception

LSUstudent said:
There is no need to respect me...I thought I established that a while back. Anywho, no team EVER goes through a season totally dominating with no close calls, with no controversy, etc. This LSU team is no exception

Keep telling yourself that.

Back
Top Bottom