| FTBL A-Day ticket policy announced: Alabama now charging for admission.

Alabama had a capacity crowd when Saban first came. There was no charge. For the next several years Alabama led the country in Spring game attendance. As a result, other schools have tried to max out their stadiums. I don't think anyone accomplished it.

$5 isn't a unaffordable price. Families attend for the range of activities surrounding the game as well as the game itself (Captains' hand and footprint at Denny Chimes, pregame alumni flag football, halftime skills challenge). The revenue from a $5 ticket charge isn't going to make or break the bank. IMO, the revenue is so inconsequential that you have to question why, what's the point?

It’s $5!! Anybody that bitches and moans about that is the type to bitch and moan about anything and is just looking for a reason.

Well open your wallet to all those families out there that won't be attending big shot. May want to open your eyes and pay attention a little more when attending these events to notice things around you. Actually, go talk to some of those folks. I did a number of years back and it broke my heart to hear what the kid had to say.

Life ain’t fair sometimes. My family was poor growing up. My folks worked hard to send us to a small private school because that was important to them. We are beans and rice 3-4 nights per week and kraut and wieners every Wednesday night. Couldn’t afford Bama tickets. Got to go to a few games with friends who had seats. That was the only way. It is reality. I can’t enter August and play a round of golf, even though I could pay a hefty price if they’d offer me the chance. Tough luck, life’s not fair. I wish tickets to all Bama games were free, but it will never happen. Too much business to it. Ain’t cheap to pay the best coach in football and build world class facilities.

Life ain’t fair sometimes. My family was poor growing up. My folks worked hard to send us to a small private school because that was important to them. We are beans and rice 3-4 nights per week and kraut and wieners every Wednesday night. Couldn’t afford Bama tickets. Got to go to a few games with friends who had seats. That was the only way. It is reality. I can’t enter August and play a round of golf, even though I could pay a hefty price if they’d offer me the chance. Tough luck, life’s not fair. I wish tickets to all Bama games were free, but it will never happen. Too much business to it. Ain’t cheap to pay the best coach in football and build world class facilities.

Game tickets are a different deal than a scrimmage playing yourself. And your family growing up, like mine, are the ones I feel it should be geared towards. Tuscaloosa supports this team like no other, even during the bad years, so they can continue to do this one thing. I state my case is for the kids more than anything. If they can let students in for free, they can let young kids in for free.

Well open your wallet to all those families out there that won't be attending big shot. May want to open your eyes and pay attention a little more when attending these events to notice things around you. Actually, go talk to some of those folks. I did a number of years back and it broke my heart to hear what the kid had to say.
Open my wallet up to people that can’t afford a $5 ticket? So they can buy a $5 ticket? I donate time and money to the under privileged and I currently serve professionally in the low income parts of the city.

I can guarantee I see and deal with the most under privileged of society. Somebody not being able to go to a scrimmage for $5 is not at the top of my priority list of things. With my career I deal with and hear a hell of a lot worse than somebody being so poor they can’t afford a $5 ticket. I’m not going to get into it, but sitting there listening to a child detail the atrocities their parent(s) have done to them is far damn worse than a $5 ticket. I get it you think A day should be free and the school charging $5 is greedy because it’s so much, but there are far far worse shit

Open my wallet up to people that can’t afford a $5 ticket? So they can buy a $5 ticket? I donate time and money to the under privileged and I currently serve professionally in the low income parts of the city.

I can guarantee I see and deal with the most under privileged of society. Somebody not being able to go to a scrimmage for $5 is not at the top of my priority list of things. With my career I deal with and hear a hell of a lot worse than somebody being so poor they can’t afford a $5 ticket. I’m not going to get into it, but sitting there listening to a child detail the atrocities their parent(s) have done to them is far damn worse than a $5 ticket. I get it you think A day should be free and the school charging $5 is greedy because it’s so much, but there are far far worse shit

You're right, there is. And I knew what you did for a living as you have explained on here many times. Many atrocities still isn't an argument against a multi-million dollar business charging for something they never have before. No offense, but you holding this in the same light as the things you are isn't apples to apples. Nothing wrong with trying to affect society in a positive way, this being one of them. You saying I'm bitching just to be bitching, but it's things like this that could possibly stop those same things you're speaking of that are that much worse. Look deeper at the intent I'm speaking of instead of thinking I'm bitching to bitch and you've seen so much worse. This isn't a contest, it's more of you calling someone out for wanting to do something nice for others instead of the greed machine of making them less possible. Figured someone in your shoes that deals with it daily would be a little more sensitive to those folks than you're showing.

The revenue from a $5 ticket charge isn't going to make or break the bank. IMO, the revenue is so inconsequential that you have to question why, what's the point?
What about that idea the $5 will cover the operating costs UA will experience; if only a portion? A-day will pale in comparison with the average game day expenses for the team (it's over 85K per participant now for football) but there's still a hefty price tag on A-day.

If a parent/s are having a hard time affording a $5 ticket this spring there's a VERY good chance there are far more problems than entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

Here are the details of ticket prices and for who:

Premium seating options will be offered to existing seat holders (Founders Suites, Skybox, Loge Box, Champions Club, Terrace Club, Ivory Club, and North and South Zone) for a cost of $10 per ticket. Premium seat ticketholders will receive an email from the Athletic Ticket/TIDE PRIDE Office on March 25 with their offer.

The general public tickets will be offered in all other areas of the stadium for $5 per ticket which will go on sale on April, 10.

UA students will be able to opt-in for a free student ticket on April 6-7.

March 25 – Premium seat holder emails sent
April 7 – Premium seat holder request deadline
April 6-7 – UA student opt-in period
April 10 – Public on sale date and UA student fulfillment sent

Back
Top Bottom