| PRO 50/50 club. An amazing feat and I'm thinking about the guy who caught the ball.

That would be my point. With eight games remaining I'm thinking the chances are pretty good there's a 55/55 ball. What happens to the value of his?
People will pay stupid money for baseball memorabilia. The one ball that put him into the new 50/50 club will always have value.

Some players want the ball, or the bag for a SB record, others don't care. Ohtani is such a uniquely focused player that he could either not care or be totally obsessed with the ball. Astonishing how he has developed his game - injured elbow so he focuses on his base running and hitting. On the night he set the record, his slide into third was majestic getting under the tag. They guy is 6-4. At 30, I do believe his uptick in SB is due to technique and intellect. At the time of the record, he'd only been caught four times, which is extraordinary.

Astonishing how he has developed his game -
Over the last few days I read where there were A LOT of scouts who didn't believe he had the ability to bat in the MLB.
People will pay stupid money for baseball memorabilia. The one ball that put him into the new 50/50 club will always have value.
I agree. What I'm suggesting is that what was once a $10 ball is now $7 because of a newer, more prestigious record. (Hypothetical figures, of course. 🙃 )

Over the last few days I read where there were A LOT of scouts who didn't believe he had the ability to bat in the MLB.

I agree. What I'm suggesting is that what was once a $10 ball is now $7 because of a newer, more prestigious record. (Hypothetical figures, of course. 🙃 )
His most impressive feat is deferring $680 million of his $700 million contract. It helps the Dodgers with the luxury tax, and it lets him get the hell out of California before realizing that income. With a cash salary of just $2 million a year, he's somehow managing to scrape by on endorsements of over $40 million a year. Brady/Gronk finances on steroids.

Back
Top Bottom