| FTBL 5 reason why Washington will win

Peterman

This will be my first trip to Tuscaloosa. Where can I find the coldest beer in town? I think this will be a fun game and hope nobody gets hurt. It's a shame we have to knock you out of the semis since you deserve to get to play in the title game. Here are the five reasons UW wins.

1. Jack "Cobra" Browning - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years of college and four years of high school under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Addams, Ossai, Center, Emptmankamp, Sarell, MacGary etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Kawasaki - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between the defense against Washington State and Colorado, we will see a much improved defense on New Years.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest UW team has been in a long time. John Ross IX, Charlie McClutchins, Tyler Rape, Ben Ossai, Buttah Baker, Psalm Wooching, Virta Vea, Kevin Kevin, Miles Gascan etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think UW can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily, say 34-17?

This will be my first trip to Tuscaloosa. Where can I find the coldest beer in town? I think this will be a fun game and hope nobody gets hurt. It's a shame we have to knock you out of the semis since you deserve to get to play in the title game. Here are the five reasons UW wins.

1. Jack "Cobra" Browning - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years of college and four years of high school under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Addams, Ossai, Center, Emptmankamp, Sarell, MacGary etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Kawasaki - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between the defense against Washington State and Colorado, we will see a much improved defense on New Years.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest UW team has been in a long time. John Ross IX, Charlie McClutchins, Tyler Rape, Ben Ossai, Buttah Baker, Psalm Wooching, Virta Vea, Kevin Kevin, Miles Gascan etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think UW can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily, say 34-17?

el OH el !!!!!!!!

#1 reason they don't win...... all their fans will be sitting in Bryant Denny waiting for a kickoff that's happening in Atlanta.:)

waspot.jpg

so he's played in college AND high school? wow! we don't have anyone on our team like that. and we certainly don't have anyone on our team who might try to do everything possible to win. i guess we may as well forfeit right now.

having more weight on your line doesn't equate to being better players or being more dominating. to be good....and i mean really good.....you need 3 things: power, speed, and quickness. and yes, speed and quickness are 2 different things. you may have all the power in the world, but if you're slow, then you'll get beaten just about every time. and you can be really quick or really fast, but if you don't have the power, then all that speed and quickness won't amount to much if you can't move the person in front of you.

we'll be more than happy to test your much improved defense. but if they show up on new year's, i'm afraid they'll be a little late; seeing as how the game is on new year's eve (yes, details and semantics matter).

being the fastest UW team in a while really doesn't mean much if they were really slow before. someone going 2 mph is twice as fast as someone going 1 mph; but they're both still slow. i'm sure you've heard all about the speed of SEC defenses and how teams from other conferences aren't used to it, so i won't go into all of that because i can see where it can get a little antagonistic. just remember that the team that beat you (in your own house), USC, is the team we put 52 on in the first game of the season. and all we heard was how they were going to run and throw all over our "fast" defense and that we wouldn't have a chance against their team.

time of possession doesn't mean a damn thing! florida had almost 11 more minutes of possession than we did in the SEC Championship Game. and we beat them pretty good (54-16). they had almost as many first downs as us (18 vs. 16), and almost as good of a 3rd down conversion rate as us (5-10 vs. 7-16). but remember, the only stat that matters, the ONLY one, is the score when that clock hits 00:00. anything before that? it doesn't mean shit in the end.

Welcome to the board, Mr. Peterman. Most folks on here like comedy, or at least I've found that to be true.

However:
My buddy Polonius always said that brevity is the soul of wit. I'd keep my humor short in the future.

Anywho, does the Kawasaki guy still make motorcycles? I'm a Harley guy myself, but hey, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom