| FTBL 4 or 5 receivers... 1 target.

jdpas29

Verified Member
the root of Alabama's offensive woes are in the play of the QB. that doesn't mean that he's at fault however. the offensive coordination may have more to do with it than JPW. i don't know WHY it's happening. all i know is that it IS happening.

JPW has one target per pass play. any decent safety or LB would love to play against Alabama right now b/c all you have to do is watch his helmet to know exactly where the ball is going and make your break and get to the ball.

if this doesn't change, we'll be 6-6 at best this season. and it MUST change by next year.

we could actually use this to our advantage if we set up screens using it. teams know what he does and if they would get JPW to look off to the right and throw back to a screen on the left it would be WIDE OPEN b/c there is no faking to amount to anything going on in the passing game. i did see more play action yesterday than all year, but...

i'm not a big advocate of benching JPW permanently as i think he has potential, but i think sitting him for a couple of series in the first half when he starts to falter might be good for the team overall.

I don't disagree that he needs to find his groove. The decision to stick with JPW is determined throughout the week with how he is practicing. He's not making the same mistakes during practice as he's making in the game.

There are some good things to take away from the game. When we focused on running the ball (1st qtr) we did it and did well.

A game was once again decided in the last few seconds of the game. The bright spot is our defense is what won the game this time.

Let me ask this since I missed all of the 1st half due to travelling...what was the difference in JPW 1st half vs. JPW 2nd half? Was he still making those same type mistakes in 1st half while scoring 23?

BamaDelta said:
Let me ask this since I missed all of the 1st half due to travelling...what was the difference in JPW 1st half vs. JPW 2nd half? Was he still making those same type mistakes in 1st half while scoring 23?

From what I saw, it was a lack of concentration, intensity, and effort. It's almost as if they thought they could coast through the last three quarters.

A few have mentioned the presser (post game) and how you could see/hear the frustration in Saban's voice and demeanor.

I agree that the Off. is strugling right now but the blame can't be put at just one thing but maybe exacution in finshing the plays how many open recivers have been over or under thrown and as far as calling some of the run plays I think they are doing it to try to rest the Def. some look how long they have been on the field I think the coaches are calling a good game to the situition that they are in at the time as far as get JPW to look off after 3 years of CMS coaching a lot of bad habits have been made and are hard to break

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

From what I saw, it was a lack of concentration, intensity, and effort. It's almost as if they thought they could coast through the last three quarters.

A few have mentioned the presser (post game) and how you could see/hear the frustration in Saban's voice and demeanor.

Another big lead blown, they do go into to cruise control after they get up. Well the D held strong for at least the first half, but when the O started that 3 and out crap it just whooped us and the Depth issue just bit us right square dead in the rear.

Prince Hall showed up for this game and kept coming.

csdien said:
Prince Hall showed up for this game and kept coming.

Yes, great job by Prince. And although he hasn't been as big of a factor as I would have liked this year Simeon was there last night when he had to be.

TerryP said:

I haven't watched the presser, but I did hear his post game interview while driving back from the game, and the tone of his voice was beyond frustration. It reminded me of the tone my father would get in his voice right before he reached for the belt :wink: . Seriously, it's actually the most frustrated that I have heard him since he came to Alabama.

On a side note about the defense: Did anyone pay attention to #49 yesterday? I've always been a fan of RJ, but yesterday he was a beast!! He was making plays all over the field and laying some vicious hits. I'm not saying he was the best player on the D, but I didn't see anyone better.

yeah Prince Hall and Rashad Johnson had great games.

some of other other linebackers are not finishing plays very well, however. i believe they're going to get quite a butt chewing come practice this week.

Outlaw said:
RJ is playing like he's one of the best players on our defense IMO.

While he did come up with one of the INT's, and had a good 1st quarter, in the 2nd and 3rd quarters I thought he may have played the worse I've seen him play yet. Costly penalty along the sidelines and a huge mistake (mental) when he allowed the TD.

Against GA, on two if the TD passes he gave away the defensive scheme long before the actual snap, Stafford read it like a sheet of music, and we know the results.

That penalty (if I'm thinking of the right one...) was pure BS though TBH.

I still stand by the comment, but maybe I think that way because he's a two year walk on starter and he was not really recruited out of high school. The old doing the most with what you have adage.

Outlaw said:
That penalty (if I'm thinking of the right one...) was pure BS though TBH.

I still stand by the comment, but maybe I think that way because he's a two year walk on starter and he was not really recruited out of high school. The old doing the most with what you have adage.

I agree. What you are saying goes back to what we've discussed in a few threads here. He's one of those players that wouldn't be seeing as much PT at other programs.

Yup. He's playing his heart out, but I couldn't see him playing at LSU, UF, UGA, UT, places like that. He didn't really do a whole lot during high school. He was raw talent which went unmolded so to speak.

Outlaw said:
Yup. He's playing his heart out, but I couldn't see him playing at LSU, UF, UGA, UT, places like that. He didn't really do a whole lot during high school. He was raw talent which went unmolded so to speak.

With the exception of one DB, it's becoming clearer why I wasn't a fan of Ball, isn't it? Although, I did like him a bit more than Con. He was so far up Shula's ___ it wasn't even close to funny. The same could be said of Jeremiah.

Back
Top Bottom