| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

So much subjectivity. I said comparable talent. Sayin scored a 98 on 247 and Mack scored a 96. Give me a break. Sayin was QB3, Mack QB8. OMG the sky is falling! We swapped a 6-1, 195lb QB with a 98 score for a 6-6,225lb QB with a 96 score. We have to stop sugar-coating what a colossal disaster that is!
You donā€™t see the overall loss of players as a disaster at this point? I still think we can add players to help but as of now it is a mass exodus of very talented players.

Upon looking Saban offered Mack too

I think we saw who he took though. Most offers aren't committable also. Not saying Mack is awful and shouldn't be here, just saying thay Sayin is going to be really really good and you want a guy that wanted to come cross country to play here. Of course, both guys seem to wanna play for a coach, not necessarily the school. Just upset about losing a guy I was excited about more than anything.

I think we saw who he took though. Most offers aren't committable also. Not saying Mack is awful and shouldn't be here, just saying thay Sayin is going to be really really good and you want a guy that wanted to come cross country to play here. Of course, both guys seem to wanna play for a coach, not necessarily the school. Just upset about losing a guy I was excited about more than anything.
I guarantee Saban wouldā€™ve taken Mack.

I was excited to see him too, but he decided to leave, so piss on him

Um, Mack is from Folsom CA, so he is coming from across the country to be here as well. Who he took? You realize they were in different classes, right?

Um, Mack is from Folsom CA, so he is coming from across the country to be here as well. Who he took? You realize they were in different classes, right?

He went to Washington first. You do understand Sayin was committed for a while and how recruiting quarterbacks goes, correct? They knew what they had in Sayin. Mack didn't want Alabama.

He went to Washington first. You do understand Sayin was committed for a while and how recruiting quarterbacks goes, correct? They knew what they had in Sayin. Mack didn't want Alabama.
Mack wanted the BAMA offer but not the old BAMA system. With DeBoer, he got the best P5 offer and system that best suited him.
Sayin had that relationship with Saban and it hurt once Saban retired. New staff, new coordinator, new system and no relationship with coaches that donā€™t have a vested interest in you leads to a kid looking elsewhere. As a former walk on, I felt that when Coach Stallings and Coach Moore came in. They didnā€™t know me from Adamā€™s house cat and Coach Moore didnā€™t care to get to know me or my film, even though OL Coach Jimmy Fuller had recruited me and knew of my shoulder injury from my senior year. They didnā€™t have anything invested in me, so during the Spring, I was sent with Coach Oliver to ā€œthrow INTs to the DBsā€.
Sayin very well may have found himself relegated to scout team QB, feeling like he was being punished. Hope the kid finds what heā€™s looking for.

Back
Top Bottom