| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Hang in there folks... Oh and despite the 5-star vs 4-star difference, Austin Mack is much better for us with CKD than Sayin - 6-6, 225 vs 6-1, 195 and the kid can really sling it. Watch his highlights in the other thread. I think Mack will flourish here.

Size don't mean anything. Bryce Young outta show you that. Tua as well. Let's use other tangibles beside size. Milton and Finley were both lauded for their size and it meant zero against us.

Size don't mean anything. Bryce Young outta show you that. Tua as well. Let's use other tangibles beside size. Milton and Finley were both lauded for their size and it meant zero against us.
If the talent level is comparable, size makes a huge difference. Watch his tape. I did.

NFL teams had issues with both Bryce and Tua strictly because of their size.

If the talent level is comparable, size makes a huge difference. Watch his tape. I did.

NFL teams had issues with both Bryce and Tua strictly because of their size.

Their talent level isn't comparable. Sayin is a superior talent to Mack. You watched their film??? Their film is nothing but highlights, so of course they look good. NFL teams have issues with a ton of stuff that doesn't matter. Russell Wilson and Drew Brees both won Super Bowls. Just like the NFL values the 40, and it means absolute zero as far as production goes. Quarterback hand size doesn't mean jack either. Not to even bring up half of the weird questions guys get asked, so "issues" and the NFL don't move my needle.

"The average height of an NFL quarterback is 6ā€™2 1/2ā€³ tall."Average Height of Quarterbacks in the NFL (2024) ā€“ Denver Sports Radio

Their talent level isn't comparable. Sayin is a superior talent to Mack. You watched their film??? Their film is nothing but highlights, so of course they look good. NFL teams have issues with a ton of stuff that doesn't matter. Russell Wilson and Drew Brees both won Super Bowls. Just like the NFL values the 40, and it means absolute zero as far as production goes. Quarterback hand size doesn't mean jack either. Not to even bring up half of the weird questions guys get asked, so "issues" and the NFL don't move my needle.

"The average height of an NFL quarterback is 6ā€™2 1/2ā€³ tall."Average Height of Quarterbacks in the NFL (2024) ā€“ Denver Sports Radio
Where do you get Sayinā€™s talent level is superior to Mackā€™s? Sayin hasnā€™t played one college down and Mack was a backup

Where do you get Sayinā€™s talent level is superior to Mackā€™s? Sayin hasnā€™t played one college down and Mack was a backup

I've tracked him over the last year-year and a half watching his Elite 11 performance as well as his camps around the other top talent in the country. Watched multiple games of his this past season on ESPN and saw what he could do. Said for a while now he should have been the #1 ranked quarterback of Raiola and was still MUCH better than Lagway.

You can't use one's age to his disadvantage. I can't argue a college backup to a guy that is an early enrollee a few weeks ago.

Most of Bryceā€™s miraculous throw were on the runā€¦ most of his work was improvisation.. he has trouble seeing over his lines..

Not true at all. His throw to Brooks against Auburn were from the pocket, his throws to Williams in the SEC Championship was from the pocket. his throw to Metchie on the two point conversion was from the pocket. You are getting mixed up saying he was forced to move due to the pocket collapsing, not because he couldn't see.

Brock Huard is an ex-Washington Huskies QB. Washington felt like this guy was their next Penix...let's let this thing play out people.

Talk about a fall. They were all high on him, like big time. the recruiting services that is. He fell off the face of the Earth. Sam is at like Cal Poly right now. Crazy how an evaluation can be that far off this day in age. Atleast guys like Ben Davis saw the field time to time at Alabama.

Sayin is a massive loss. Maybe they saw it coming and grabbed Mack or they pushed Sayin out the door by grabbing Mack. Who knows at this point. We have to stop sugar coating these losses. Our team at this point is significantly worse with the transfers weā€™ve had. I only hope we can recover a few players here and there and stop the bleeding. Fingers crossed for a Harbaugh / Kelley departure.

Brock Huard is an ex-Washington Huskies QB. Washington felt like this guy was their next Penix...let's let this thing play out people.

I believe CKD is going to shock everyone in the end.. he is hiring Great on the field coaches.. good recruiting infrastructureā€¦He is ā€œ rope a dopingā€ all the punches and countering them..not overwhelmed at all.. I am all in on him..

I will say this. So far the kids leaving are the ones who haven't been participating with their teammates and hanging out. Last night at the WBB game a lot of these guys were hanging out together as a team.

Check the names on the list of attendees. Those are guys who are likely staying around. Sayin had 0 social media tweets saying "roll tide" or anything since Saban retired. He was very unhappy when that happened and then adding Austin Mack from the transfer portal probably just took it personally and decided to leave.

I'm sure the coaching staff knew he was on the fence and they didn't want to chance having an empty QB room and brought in Mack to make sure they had someone for our future. The staff was high on Sayin, they offered him at Washington and would've loved to have him there also. I don't think it was a talent issue and I don't think it was Coach DeBoer forcing anyone out. I think it was simply Julian getting in his own head that Alabama wasn't what he thought it was because he lost the coach he wanted to play for and then watched the new coach who he didn't trust yet or know bring in one of his favorite guys. Can you question his competitive spirit? Probably could, I'm not in the locker room so I don't know if that's what ultimately caused him to leave but if it did. Then please get the heck out of here, Bama will have competition every year for every position. That being said, I think it was just the shock of losing Saban and I guess he felt the loyalty wasn't there. Maybe communication between him and Coach DeBoer just wasn't working but whatever reason he's gone and Mack is our future now. Let's get behind him and support him and let Sayin write his own story.

I've tracked him over the last year-year and a half watching his Elite 11 performance as well as his camps around the other top talent in the country. Watched multiple games of his this past season on ESPN and saw what he could do. Said for a while now he should have been the #1 ranked quarterback of Raiola and was still MUCH better than Lagway.

You can't use one's age to his disadvantage. I can't argue a college backup to a guy that is an early enrollee a few weeks ago.
Sayin is extremely talented, but nobody can say heā€™s more talented than Mack

Back
Top Bottom