| MBB/WBB đźŹ€2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates and Offseason News...

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

I know it's petty and means nothing...but one of the things that drives me crazy about watching basketball today is the shoes don't match.

I estimate we were running five to six miles a day before basketball season...on the soccer field. Hell, we played on a 120'x60' field and had to loop that damn thing five times before practice started. I can't remember what the drill was called...we were running in a line and at the whistle the last man sprinted to the front...and we were sprinting around the field.

I don't miss those days, yet, I do.
. I can't remember what the drill was called...we were running in a line and at the whistle the last man sprinted to the front...and we were sprinting around the field.

We called them Indian runs

JUst saw Oats said that he hired a third coach out of NBA. I wonder if that's the news we're waiting on.
What I was referencing was more facilities and the overall program. We'll get "concrete" news on what they are doing when they release the notes from the BOT meeting. The two guys I was talking with last week both said, "big news" and then the conversation went to the early workouts (good reports.)

If they know who the guy is coming in? I don't know. I don't talk with these guys on the weekends: family time. I'll try to reach out next week.

One other thing I'll mention, though I don't really know the possibility of it (which is why I hesitate to even say, but...), Oats supposedly had a line in the water to Sean Sweeney (whom I learned is a well respected defensive coach for the Mavs). I know little to nothing about the NBA these days (and wasn't familiar with him), that's just what I was told... apparently he's the real deal who has had NBA head coach opportunities but hasn't gotten one yet. I'm not saying that is who the new hire is (in fact, I find it pretty hard to believe on its surface), but his name came up fairly recently with someone who is in good position to know/hear things.

The more I watch Labaron Philon, the more I fall in love with his game and think he's going to get a ton of PT this year. Great patience when knowing when to attack, a very good passer, and a smooth shooting stroke from outside.

Last edited:
. I can't remember what the drill was called...we were running in a line and at the whistle the last man sprinted to the front...and we were sprinting around the field.

We called them Indian runs
Jericho Mile is what we called it

We called them Indian runs as well. Big time gut check, sprinting from the back of the line to the front.

Back
Top Bottom