| FTBL 2019 West Division Predictions

Yes. We see it all the time. How often do you see people criticize the SEC schedule under the guise of OOC competition? And, that's followed by comments about "SECESPN" or something along those lines when referencing power index, rankings, etc.

Dude, if you're clueless enough to tell fans to start ordering the rings and you haven't heard of Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, and you come out and say, I just didn't know, clueless doesn't even begin to say it.

He completed 10 passed that night. 10. And this was "...the best game Jalen had running and particularly throwing...?" He only ran for around 40 yards that night on what, 20 something carries?

And the video that was linked following my post was the exact play you called out when you said...

So I don't know what my favorite game quarterbacked by Jalen is? I've watched the complete game a number of times. Not many games in Jalen's career that it came down to the last drive in the waning seconds, you know? We were being outplayed and we had to outscore the dawgs 14-3 in the 4th quarter to pull it out. Again, we did not have our A-game. Miss State was playing out of their minds. Their offense was controlling the LOS and we were coming back with big plays. You say 10 completions, how does that tell the story or give anyone a feel for the back and forth and just how that game was tough titty all night? How about 10 passes for 243 yards and every one was needed. We had 444 total yards and it was Jalen's generalship that opened up all things. To just hate on Jalen for being Jalen is easy and it would be also wrong.

He was a good QB for us in many situations and I try to be honest enough to give him plenty of credit where credit is due. I don't know of another game like the one in Starkvegas that came down to the last seconds and he was bringing us back ALL game. Clemson had a similar ending as far as Jalen bringing us back. But it was mostly Bo and our punter in that one until the end. Maybe you know of some others that unfolded like the dawg game? Now, another Clemson game that had that back and forth was the Clemson 2015. But that was another QB, named Jake Coker.

Dude, if you're clueless enough to tell fans to start ordering the rings and you haven't heard of Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, and you come out and say, I just didn't know, clueless doesn't even begin to say it.
If I'm clueless as you're suggesting @BamaBoyJosh is a far-alt right, conservative. :rolleyes:
So I don't know what my favorite game quarterbacked by Jalen is?
If that's truly the case, you've been purposefully mischaracterizing him in this very thread as you've done in others.

If I'm clueless as you're suggesting @BamaBoyJosh is a far-alt right, conservative. :rolleyes:

If that's truly the case, you've been purposefully mischaracterizing him in this very thread as you've done in others.

That's because you think in extremes. I was definitely on the Tua side of last season's argument about who should start. You were on the other side with Jalen. Suppose I tried to paint you in the anti-Tua corner? Wouldn't fit? Neither will any characterization that I didn't like or appreciate Jalen's time at the Capstone.

It was one of the easiest passes he had to make. I had forgotten how easy it was.

Wasn't that guy coming off the edge a safety that did not try to disguise that he was blitzing in any way? I think they did it on third-and-15 when Jalen found Calvin on the slant the play right before this, too.

That's because you think in extremes. I was definitely on the Tua side of last season's argument about who should start. You were on the other side with Jalen. Suppose I tried to paint you in the anti-Tua corner? Wouldn't fit? Neither will any characterization that I didn't like or appreciate Jalen's time at the Capstone.
Again, you are stating something that is factually incorrect.

I said, repeatedly, don't sleep on Jalen. I never said, or even hinted, that he should start over Tua. Not a single instance will you find, anywhere, where I've suggested such.

Within this thread you describe a pedestrian pass completion as "an out of body experience" which can only be read as pedestrian passes are outside of his talents. That's demeaning to Jalen and by no means fits with your assertion you "liked or appreciated" what he brought to the team. It's a broken record with which I don't need another copy to remember your often cited lyrical twist.

It is, however, endlessly entertaining.

Wasn't that guy coming off the edge a safety that did not try to disguise that he was blitzing in any way?
Yes. It was. And, it was one of the easiest reads a QB can have. He wasn't lined up with anyone and it was essentially Cover 1 ... easy pitch and catch.

Is it any wonder why I take exception to "out of body experience" with this play?

1.jpg

Hrrmmm...

So, there's another game winning touchdown caught by Smith and yet he's still not quite good enough to be third team ALL-SEC this season? Yet, I get why.

Within this thread you describe a pedestrian pass completion as "an out of body experience" which can only be read as pedestrian passes are outside of his talents. That's demeaning to Jalen and by no means fits with your assertion you "liked or appreciated" what he brought to the team. It's a broken record with which I don't need another copy to remember your often cited lyrical twist.

Within this thread, you'll find that the "out of body experience" was about his overall game against the dawgs. To which you said he only completed 10 passes. To which I said for 242 yards including the winning drive. To which I added, had he played this well against the barners, 2 weeks later, we would not have lost. To which I would like to add at this time, Jalen still didn't play as well vs Clemson in the sugar bowl as he did against the dawgs and it was really our defense that separated the 2 teams. And I would add also the poor QB play followed Jalen into the natty vs Georgia with 0 points and even less hope by halftime. Thus, Tua to the rescue and the off-season debate.

Now, you're back to pigeonholing my comment, "out of body experience," to only the pass to Devonte. Thus the charge, and most guilty I'm afraid, you think only in extremes.

I think you go LSU-Texas. They love the 'Texas Is Back' BS. With LSU coming off a solid season and with a quarterback that is manageable for the second straight season, it leads for a solid storyline. Add in both teams not playing each other ever and it will be big.

Texas A&M may very well beat Clemson, I personally will take A&M that weekend, but I just like the LSU-Texas game better.

I think you go LSU-Texas. They love the 'Texas Is Back' BS. With LSU coming off a solid season and with a quarterback that is manageable for the second straight season, it leads for a solid storyline. Add in both teams not playing each other ever and it will be big
I was reading over some statistics yesterday and one of the things that caught my eye is the percentage of teams that regress after improvement in one season. While I think a lot of LSU's success last year is over-hyped, it's doubly so with Texas. If I recall correctly, the number hovered around 75% they have a worst season in '19 than their improvement in '19.

I was reading over some statistics yesterday and one of the things that caught my eye is the percentage of teams that regress after improvement in one season. While I think a lot of LSU's success last year is over-hyped, it's doubly so with Texas. If I recall correctly, the number hovered around 75% they have a worst season in '19 than their improvement in '19.

I doubt LSU wins 10 games this year. I was able to see success last year before the season as I was a big supporter of their abilities, but I think they will lose one or two more games this season. Unlike most, I actually like the Cookie Monster, so his success is fine with me, but obviously not against us.

@BamaFan334, it's a season where it's tempting to look at Texas and say that should give us an indication of what they'll field. But, as soon as I finish that thought I consider how dangerous a team like Georgia State can be to open 2019. What if LSU can't stop the run? Imagine a scenario where we see GSU be this years App State (vs Michigan.)

( @50+yeartidefan you mentioned UofSC in another thread, don't sleep on their game with App State this year. )

You can look at their schedule and see a worse case scenario with LSU being 4-4 headed into their game with Bama.
At best, I can see 7-1 (L's to one-- UF, AU, Texas, and even Georgia Southern.)

My gut says 6-2 conference play, 9-3 regular season. The get a big break hosting UF, AU, and A&M in Baton Rouge.

Hard to imagine an Ogeron coached team winning 11 games during the regular season. Yeah I know they were 10-3 last year but only 9 games in the regular season.

Yeah they have a reverse 'Little Train that Could' thingy with UF and very well could lose that game even at home and Homecoming. My disdain for Texas kept me from putting a loss there. Came very close on both and giving LSU a 9-3 (6-2).

Last edited:
ESPN has Auburn overrated. Again. When will they learn?

The complete SEC West college football season preview
They kiss auburn's ass every year. They are ready to hand the Heisman to Gatewood or Nix, all the while forgetting that these aren't hotshot transfer QBs (who have already been developed) like Malzahn has had in the past. The last time Malzahn didn't have an already developed transfer QB to fall back on, he went 7-6, went to the Birmingham Bowl and nearly dropped one to Jacksonville State. If Gatewood and/or Nix are SO phenomenal, best recruits Malzahn has ever pulled, next Cam Newton, etc. then why did the dude scramble like hell to get Kelly Bryant and Justin Fields when they both announced that they were transferring? It was hilarious hearing the barners try and come up with fast answers for that one 😂

There is a reason Vegas gives all of them a minimum 3 points HFA on the spread.
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying a minimum of three points given for home field for every team? I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
IE: With Mississippi State they could be getting over three this season considering they were 6-1 ATS at home last season. Louisville, on the other hand, covered less than 10% of the time. They wouldn't get three.

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying a minimum of three points given for home field for every team? I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
IE: With Mississippi State they could be getting over three this season considering they were 6-1 ATS at home last season. Louisville, on the other hand, covered less than 10% of the time. They wouldn't get three.

You are probably correct. I read that several years ago in an article describing how HFA was determined. The point it was making was that the HFA was not always 3 points. It did say the process started at 3 points and said nothing about it ever being below 3 points.

You are probably correct. I read that several years ago in an article describing how HFA was determined. The point it was making was that the HFA was not always 3 points. It did say the process started at 3 points and said nothing about it ever being below 3 points.
One of the crazy things about this metric is how low Bama's HFA is in some of their rankings. It's lower than normal due to the margin of victory on the road. Add to that their ranking ATS at home. If I recall correctly, it's a tad over .500 for the last 10-15 games.

Back
Top Bottom