| MBB/WBB đźŹ€#12 auburn Beats #16 Alabama 99-81...

“They are who we thought they were…”

This isn’t my Bama lost, but you knew going in it was going to be a foul fest and Bama would be on the wrong end.

Yea, I'm honestly not sure how Doug Shows and his crew are still employed at this point. It's gotta be a longevity thing some type of tenure because there aren't many fan bases that enjoy his refereeing.

Lets leave it at pathetic D and move on. Give up basically 50 points per half smh. This team is soft when they are physically challenged.

I'm not sure if it's a soft thing as much as it is they aren't physically built to handle a team like that. It's a terrible matchup for Bama, like fighting out of their weight class... I was pleasantly surprised UA won the 1st contest in Coleman 2 weeks ago. But, they've got to play the cards they were dealt.. thus far, at least in the SEC, Oats has played them pretty well.

He seems pretty frustrated with the guys in regards to their effort on D. I can't blame him. But like you said yesterday - some of our issues is due to not having a true 5.

He's a coach and his team just gave up 99 points, of course he's frustrated. As stated, we don't have a big bodied guy down low to bang with guys like Broom. If we did, that guy would be shut down with what I saw in his game. We are a shooting team, but when a team gets 50 free throw opportunities against you, a free 40 points will beat you every time. Some of that is defense, but a lot was officiating. I don't like blaming refs, but 85 total shots from the line is beyond terrible. Outside of their attempts, we are as even as it can get.

That's over two free throw shots per minute of play.

We do not handle any physical team well. Of course, it does not hurt that the opponent shoots 50 free throws in a game either. Shooting comes and goes but a player can ALWAYS play defense. See the ball, see the man and have some heart!

The first thing I saw last night was a post on FB from a friend that is a cow patty fan! He posted that our house lights work, and you just played in a high school gym. Wanted to tell him to read all the commit and your team was winning while the light was out. No I didn't podt it.

One of the predominant issues for us has been when a team plays ultra physical foul fest game. They usually win, and somehow Bama doesn't get more fouls than the other teams. If the officiating was even close to correct, the physicality would've been taken out of it by the fouls giving up too many free points. @Brandon Van de Graaff mentioned it earlier and followed up on it...that crew of officials has never been and never will be a good crew. They call some really ticky-tack fouls and they always side with the home crowds. Not a good pull for us, just move on and chalk it up to bad defense/play.

Without a true “5” on this roster, which isn’t conducive to the way CNO wants to play, we have to rely on great shooting and just out hustling our opponents, ie “that Hard Hat” mentality.
As for officiating, I’ve said it before and will say it again. Players want to know how it’s going to be called and want it called that way the entire time. Idiots like Shows, make it next to impossible possession to possession. Sometimes it’s half to half but Shows disrupts the flow and it changes from one end of the floor to the other. No way that a P5 college basketball game should have 61 fouls called and 85 free throws attempted!
I will say this about our bunch though, they do tend to reach and grab and anchor themselves on the floor instead of moving their feet.

I guess because of them doing the crane stand in 2021, we will be seeing Bonds 007 stand this time. It's out there, but I'm not wasting my time posting it here.

I knew sweeping them a second year in a row would be pretty much next to impossible. I like to go ahead and get the trip to barnerville over with on the front end of the SEC schedule. But, unfortunately, this season it was the other way around. Bad thing is, they will lose some more games to shitty teams this season and make our loss to them look even worse

Back
Top Bottom