| FTBL 10 Reasons why LSU will Beat Bama

#4 LSU is overconfident period all one has to do is read an LSU forum. Bama fans are optimist this year for god's sake what's wrong with that?

So, so true.

Not once all year have I really heard an Alabama fan say we were the best team to play this year. For the first time in so many years we have something to be proud of. Now we are overconfident???

I feel like LSU is way overconfident. So much so the Barn almost beat them. They also didn't look so hot in the Florida game either.

Thats okay, let LS-who roll in their short lived glory for now. In a few years they'll be where they belong, back of the pack. :D

bayoulsucajun said:
1. Major Applewhite - Great Guy. Went to a great high school in Baton Rouge, but his offensive scheme is no match for pelini's defense. I think he is about 3 years away from ready for a gig like this.

2. Trindon Holiday - Bama has noone on defense that can come close to catching him. We use him sparingly but he gets big yards we he is used.

3. Bye Week - When Miles has more than a week to prepare for a team, we always dominate. Look at the Vt game this year when we had 10 days and the Sugar Bowl and Peach Bowl the past 2 years.

4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.

5. Miles has done better with "Saban's Talent" - Saban went 9-3 with a loss in the capitol one bowl. The next season Miles went 11-2 with practically the same team.

6. Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" - What would shula's record be this year. You cant say miles is winning with sabans talent without saying saban is winning with shula's talent

7. Our defense has something to prove - People are starting to call them overrated. They are ready to prove how great they are and dorsey should be back.

8. Chad Jones - He has taken over the punt return duties and has looked flashy while he has done it. I predict he will return one for a td.

9. Running Back By Committee - Our running game has been dominate lately. Between hester, williams, holiday, scott and murphy anyone can rush for over 100 yards any given game.

10. Flynn and Doucet are back - Flynn looked like he finally feels 100% after the ankle injury. Early had 7 catches for 93 yards in limited pt in his return last week. He has another week and half to rehab and be 100%. He is what our offense needed.

Just because I have 1.5 hrs until I get off work.

1) #6 in scoring offense (31.5 ppg), #4 pass offense (244 ypg), #5 rushing offense (170 ypg), #6 total offense (LSU gains a whopping 22 ypg more). All of this in his very first year without choosing his guys to run his system. I'd say he's ready and doing a damn fine job for his first year.

2) The second most overrated guy on your team behind Craig Steltz. Holliday gets like 3 touches/game max on offense. A nice change of pace guy, but he doesn't win ball games for you.

3) You do know that we also have a bye week right?

4) This is merely your opinion. From what I've seen lately, LSU's media hype>LSU's actual team, there's another opinion for you.

5) Les Miles: 0 SEC championships, 0 national championships.

Nick Saban: 2 SEC championships, 1 national championship.

6) Yes, Saban is winning with Shula's players, 100%. It took Mike Shula 3 years to beat Tennessee though. Mike Shula never had a 4th quarter comeback win here in his tenure either. No disrespect to Mike Shula, but anyone with a brain knows that Nick Saban is a better head coach.

7) OK, another opinion. Your defense doesn't do so hot when the opposing team's QB can actually throw the ball. See UF, UK, and AU. Cox usually isn't very good but he had the game of his life against LSU.

8 ) Javier Arenas is averaging 16.1 yds per return, #2 in the SEC. LSU doesn't even have a guy in the top 10.

9) You have the best rushing defense in the SEC and second best rushing offense (behind Ark of course). I will have to agree with you, LSU will run for more yards than Bama in this game most likely.

10) Ah Matt Flynn, another guy who got too much hype in the preseason from LSU fans and the media. I remember hearing that this guy was going to be a 1st rounder, that is laughable now. He's #8 in passing ypg, #6 in total offense per game, and #4 in terms of efficiency. HE'S THE WEAK SPOT ON YOUR TEAM! Early Doucet is a beast when healthy, there's no arguing that.

bayoulsucajun said:
vatz22au said:
You could give all the points in the world. Pick and point at every which angle.

Fact is, LSU is beatable... Les Miles is.. well, not a smart coach.

Good luck.

your last "fact" is an opinion

His opinion is supported by miles' poor decision at the end of the aubrun game. It just happened to work out, but he's got a TO and admitted he didn't check how much time was left when he sent the play in. It was not a smart, or isolated, decision.

That is fact.

It Takes Eleven said:
bayoulsucajun said:
vatz22au said:
You could give all the points in the world. Pick and point at every which angle.

Fact is, LSU is beatable... Les Miles is.. well, not a smart coach.

Good luck.

your last "fact" is an opinion

His opinion is supported by miles' poor decision at the end of the aubrun game. It just happened to work out, but he's got a TO and admitted he didn't check how much time was left when he sent the play in. It was not a smart, or isolated, decision.

That is fact.

The play call was good, but flynn should have snapped the ball about 5 seconds earlier

bayoulsucajun said:
4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game . Welcome back to earth.

And where exactly are you getting this? The most respected posters on this site have given your team more than enough credit. Most of us are very realistic about our chances this weekend.

And when was the last time you talked to John Parker Wilson, Wallace Gilberry, Kevin Jackson, Terry Grant, etc...? I'd love to hear where they said we would win easily. :roll:

porkchop said:
4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.

I stopped reading here.

You stopped reading 3 points too late..

Everyone's already said all there is to be said. Frankly, I'd like to see your safety/hybrid combo take on DJ Hall. And good luck catching Javier, LSU.

Paradox said:
porkchop said:

I stopped reading here.

You stopped reading 3 points too late..

Everyone's already said all there is to be said. Frankly, I'd like to see your safety/hybrid combo take on DJ Hall. And good luck catching Javier, LSU.

Yeah I wonder how many times Arenas is gonna run it back ALL THE WAY!! he has just been RIGHT on that verge of exploding and taking it all the way soooo many times.. I've been waiting and waiting for it to happen, I wonder if LSU will be the game..:)

BamaDelta said:
bayoulsucajun said:
4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game . Welcome back to earth.

And where exactly are you getting this? The most respected posters on this site have given your team more than enough credit. Most of us are very realistic about our chances this weekend.

And when was the last time you talked to John Parker Wilson, Wallace Gilberry, Kevin Jackson, Terry Grant, etc...? I'd love to hear where they said we would win easily. :roll:

I have read several times from a few of the recently registered LSU fans that the “team is overconfident since beating Tennessee.” Doesn’t this single statement belie their words??!!

We don’t blow this game up like everybody else does,” junior quarterback John Parker Wilson said. “I realize we have Coach Saban and he used to coach at LSU. He won a national championship. It’s just the next SEC game for us. This isn’t the championship for us and not the last game of the year. We are just going to face it just like every other day. People talk about it. The buzz around town is its’ Coach Saban against his old team. In the locker room and on the practice field it’s just going to be another week for us. This isn’t the game of the year for us by any means.

“All the hype is overrated.”

Just reiterating my points.
The only ones that are building this game up are:

1.) The Media –to increase the hype. Again, I’m not falling for it.

2.) The “Wronged” LSU fans that can’t see clearly the situation because of their own clouded perception of betrayal.

Others in the LSU athletic department have ripped Saban, but they do not want to be quoted. Charles Hanagrif, who is close to the athletic department as sports director of LSU flagship station Eagle 98.1-FM and who hosts numerous call-in radio shows, is not a Saban fan.

"Nick rubs a lot of people the wrong way," Hanagrif said. "I never had a problem with him when he was here. My problem stems from the condescending way he left the Dolphins. He belittled everyone that questioned him while he was considering going to Alabama, which he did. He denied it so vigorously and vociferously. I had a problem with that.

"The fact that he went to Alabama is the swing for the fans. Had he gone to another school - if there was an opening -- it might be different. But he's at Alabama, which LSU sees as a rival. And they hate him. The fans can't stand this guy. They're looking to this game for blood."

So between this explanation and LSUstudent’s explanation, the common theme I see is that they hate him for coming to (what they consider) a rival and for the way he left Miami although it did not directly impact LSU.

Back
Top Bottom