| FTBL 10 Reasons why LSU will Beat Bama

bayoulsucajun said:
1. Major Applewhite - Great Guy. Went to a great high school in Baton Rouge, but his offensive scheme is no match for pelini's defense. I think he is about 3 years away from ready for a gig like this.

2. Trindon Holiday - Bama has noone on defense that can come close to catching him. We use him sparingly but he gets big yards we he is used.

3. Bye Week - When Miles has more than a week to prepare for a team, we always dominate. Look at the Vt game this year when we had 10 days and the Sugar Bowl and Peach Bowl the past 2 years.

4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.

5. Miles has done better with "Saban's Talent" - Saban went 9-3 with a loss in the capitol one bowl. The next season Miles went 11-2 with practically the same team.

6. Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" - What would shula's record be this year. You cant say miles is winning with sabans talent without saying saban is winning with shula's talent

7. Our defense has something to prove - People are starting to call them overrated. They are ready to prove how great they are and dorsey should be back.

8. Chad Jones - He has taken over the punt return duties and has looked flashy while he has done it. I predict he will return one for a td.

9. Running Back By Committee - Our running game has been dominate lately. Between hester, williams, holiday, scott and murphy anyone can rush for over 100 yards any given game.

10. Flynn and Doucet are back - Flynn looked like he finally feels 100% after the ankle injury. Early had 7 catches for 93 yards in limited pt in his return last week. He has another week and half to rehab and be 100%. He is what our offense needed.

Ten Reasons why you said was practically you spewing vomit:

1. Pelini hasnt been blitzing, have seen the complaints, and every time the players have executed , Applewhite's schemes have been extremely effective. I don't know how you could accurately base your information on coordinators.

2. Bama has rarely allowed big plays, but when they occur, they are earned. Our secondary (although young) shows speed to the point where it shouldnt allow a fast guy to break away for 20 yard gains every few plays.

3. VT was slow coming out of the gate. Yeah LSU was good, but you guys seriouslly declined after that. The last bowl game was against a vastly overwhelmed and overated Notre Dame team. They were overrated before the game, they were over rated after. And yes ill go there and say they are overrated now.

4. Bama's goal right now is to beat one of the tigers. We are reasonably confident, as we always are, and it finally projected itself on the field against Tennessee. Ive never seen anywhere that this game will be easy, but it wont be easy for you either. Thats the idea.

5. I shouldnt need to answer this, but I do wonder, what does that have to do with this game anyhow? I don't know what advantage he gets if that were true or not.

6. Thats a backhanded compliment toward Saban, haven't you guys realized that yet?

7. Let them come, I will speak for the rest of the team and say I don't care whats got their panties in a wad.

8. We got this guy named Javier Arenas.. Oh, and I dont think we have allowed any long returns, so I dont know what you base this on.

9. Let them come if the team thinks they can run all over us.

10. The return of two guys does not a team make.

Now for a little rant, you guys have superior talent, yet I fail to understand why thats such a big deal on anything except a stat sheet. It all comes down to execution and mentality once you have the physical capability to play against opponents. I dont see how a bunch of really skilled guys can beat a team, TEAM, that knows how to do the right things to win

Not that LSU is not a team, I recognize that, but that is just an example to show that talent does not always beat determination. I hope you guys want to win, not just because your playing Saban, but because you want to be the best. Im sure the coach saban will tell the team the same things(its practically his rhetoric anyhow), and God help LSU if the team thinks like most LSU fans and are just focused on beating the coach.

Joeman, according to today's Baton Rouge Advocate, the LSU players are not caught up in the "hate Saban, beat Saban" circus. They want to beat Bama and the reasons are obvious. It's the fans that seem to need to play up the hatred angle. And, they call Bama fans unreasonable. :roll:

CrimsonPirate said:
Joeman, according to today's Baton Rouge Advocate, the LSU players are not caught up in the "hate Saban, beat Saban" circus. They want to beat Bama and the reasons are obvious. It's the fans that seem to need to play up the hatred angle. And, they call Bama fans unreasonable. :roll:

Righto, I guess I finally just got aggrevated at the things both fan bases have been touting, but that really isnt a hit on the LSU players, I guess I should make that clear. I just want to point out just why the LSU fans who think just talent or warped facts will win this game dont know enough about sports in general.

1. Major Applewhite - Great Guy. Went to a great high school in Baton Rouge, but his offensive scheme is no match for pelini's defense. I think he is about 3 years away from ready for a gig like this.
Pelini's Defense: The barn scored 24 and how about them Wildcats?

2. Trindon Holiday - Bama has noone on defense that can come close to catching him. We use him sparingly but he gets big yards we he is used.
Key - Sparingly...and we have Arenas

3. Bye Week - When Miles has more than a week to prepare for a team, we always dominate. Look at the Vt game this year when we had 10 days and the Sugar Bowl and Peach Bowl the past 2 years.
We also have a bye week and the same advantages.

4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.
I have not heard one Bama fan say "easily". It is Whoville and media trash talk. Trust me, Saban won't let our guys think or prepare for the easy.

5. Miles has done better with "Saban's Talent" - Saban went 9-3 with a loss in the capitol one bowl. The next season Miles went 11-2 with practically the same team.
This is a use-less comparison. Saban may have went 13-0 instead of 11-2 if he had stayed and given the players had the experience.

6. Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" - What would shula's record be this year. You cant say miles is winning with sabans talent without saying saban is winning with shula's talent
Isn't it amazing what Saban is doing "Shula's talent" - I can't wait for his own teams!

7. Our defense has something to prove - People are starting to call them overrated. They are ready to prove how great they are and dorsey should be back.
You do (have something to prove)
You are (Overrated)

8. Chad Jones - He has taken over the punt return duties and has looked flashy while he has done it. I predict he will return one for a td.
Who?

9. Running Back By Committee - Our running game has been dominate lately. Between hester, williams, holiday, scott and murphy anyone can rush for over 100 yards any given game.
"Any given game" - I hope you bet it every week. We have some pretty good backs of our own!

10. Flynn and Doucet are back - Flynn looked like he finally feels 100% after the ankle injury. Early had 7 catches for 93 yards in limited pt in his return last week. He has another week and half to rehab and be 100%. He is what our offense needed.
Wilson/Hall - Enough said!

joeman546 said:
CrimsonPirate said:

Righto, I guess I finally just got aggrevated at the things both fan bases have been touting, but that really isnt a hit on the LSU players, I guess I should make that clear. I just want to point out just why the LSU fans who think just talent or warped facts will win this game dont know enough about sports in general.

It's easy to get aggravated. LSU's Jacob Hester, for one, downplayed the Miles-Saban flap. He said he played for Coach Saban for one year, and has played for Coach Miles for three years. He considers himself a Les Miles player, as he should. He wants to win 'cause it's Bama, not Nick Saban.

Btw, Hester could play on my team anytime.

shows_letterman.jpg

From the home office in Baton Rouge Lousiana, the TOP TEN REASONS LSU WILL BEAT ALABAMA

Number 10 Delusional fans going to rival message boards and talking trash always leads to victory.

Number 9 Alabama=Basketball School. We always beat basketball schools.
ukflag.gif

Number 8 Why is Les Miles head so big? Its full crawfish.

Number 7 Do you smell corn dogs?
O68006.jpg

Number 6 Hey Les how much time is left?
beattheclock.jpg

Number 5 Because Nick Saban has Mike Shula's players and Les Miles has Nick Saban's players and Ed Orgeron has David Cutcliff's players and Urban Myer has Ron Zook's players and Cam Cameron has Nick Saban's players and Charlie Weis has Tyron Willingham's players and USC has 2 of Arkansas's players.

Number 4 Because Lou Holtz said so and he always knows what he's talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwvfHmU6kiw

Number 3 Les can not afford to look bad before his big interview in Ann Arbor.

Number 2 Cause they get calls like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCbtQ0kbBQ

And the number one reason why LSU is going to beat Alabama..... They have a bye week.

bayoulsucajun said:

(1) Before you declare Applewhite not quite ready for prime time, remember that he has what is essentially a co-offensive coordinator in Joe Pendry - who has 19 years of NFL coaching experience plus 11 years of college experience. Applewhite is the play caller, but from his pressbox seat he does get feedback from the most experienced and highest paid assistant coaching staff in the SEC.
Additionally, do you realize that after 8 games this season, Bama is 46 points shy of equalling the point total from 13 games last season? We will get that against Louisiana Monroe. It is within reason that we could beat last season's point output by 100 points and we played Duke and FIU last season compared with Houston and FSU this season.

(2) Trindon Holiday has been statistically a non-factor this season. If he did not run wild against Tulane and MTSU, why do you think he will do anything of consequence against us? Are you his mother or something?

(3) I read somewhere that Coach Les Nessman said you guys were going to dominate Bye and that you were preparing to beat Bye worse than any team in history. Since we have Bye this week as well, maybe we can compare notes.

(4) Bama is confident...as opposed to afraid of their own shadows - meek as milkwater - play not to lose and end up being "really close" like we were the past 4 seasons. I will take confident over the latter.

(5) Saban took over a team that was 3-8 in 1999 and had losing seasons in 7 of the previous 10 seasons and went to the same Capital One bowl in his first season that Les Nessman did with a loaded team. Saban's last 3 years at LSU, you were a top 5 recruiting class and in 2004 signed and admitted 16 players rated 4 stars or higher - that is ridiculous. Shula did not sign 16 x 4 star players TOTAL in the 4 years he was our coach! Nesman walked into a cherry situation and still managed to lose some games. Saban is the better coach. History shows that and you know it too. That is why you schmucks can't get over him. I swear, you are worse than a co-dependent whose girlfriend left him for his brother.

(6) Saban winning with "Shula's talent - that averaged 2.2 stars coming out of high school is impressive. Nessman failing to win the SEC when they have better talent than anyone in the nation is not. As another poster said, you actually are complimenting Saban on this one.

(7) You have no idea what the mindset of your defense is. Personally, I would bet on overconfident having played and beaten Florida and Auburn. Watching the film of us versus a number of our opponents probably has them licking their chops and slacking at practice. You cannot say that #24 ranked Bama is overconfident with #3 ranked LSU coming to town, and them say that you are hungry...the opposite is usually the case. The higher ranked team starts reading their own press and gets overconfident. Talk about double-talk...

(8) Chad Jones? Look at what team is leading the SEC in punt returns. I will give you a hint...you play them next week. LSU is middle of the pack in net punting. The chances of Bama returning a punt for a TD is higher than it is for LSU.

(9) It is "dominant," not "dominate." Look at who the freshman of the week was the first couple of weeks of the season. If Coffee can't go, we have others...and they are all solid. Shula was a mediocre recruiter, but we do have a couple of good RB's. You guys are still crying about losing McKnight to USC.

(10) Your head coach cannot manage your quarterback situation. Flynn has more talent and tools than JPW, but I would take Wilson + Applewhite + Saban any day. We have played a great receiver almost every week. Our defense is undersized and has no depth. There is no way we can stop teams like Arkansas and Tennessee, yet we beat them. We win because we play disciplined football, while LSU is the dirtiest, most penalized team in the league. I will go ahead and predict that LSU will have at least 2 roughing the passer penalties this week....probably a late hit out of bounds and a facemask or two.

We are both good at turnover margin, but the difference in this game will be disciplined play and our ability to control the clock and not give up explosive plays. Our gameplan for LSU will be the same thing it was against UT, with more trickeration thrown in and an extra offensive set or two. Kentucky picked you apart and guess who the #2 team in the league is behind KY at passing first downs? Hint: You play them next week.

LSU should win this game. You have a ton of talent and we have a first year coach with an over-achieving team...but you also have Les Nessman who can beat Oklahoma and lose to La. Tech in the same season, and whose teams typically play very undisciplined football.

At the very least you won't see any intentional knee attacking chop blocks next week.

The obvious question has not been asked as of yet. Why should we care what an LSU fan that is, obviously, clueless thinks?

He is telling us, on paper, how LSU should beat Alabama. He also injects a lot of personal opinion and passes it on as fact. But damn guys, this fella is dumber than a bag of hammers! You know what I mean, Delbert?

Here is a list of why I think our visitor from the litter box may have gone a little heavy on the nip:

1) USC vs Stanford: So, what does that game have to do with our game? It's only a shining example that ANY given team on any given day.....That is why we play the game.

2)Les has more but we don't have Les.

3)Kentucky beat LSU. Kentucky lost to South Carolina and they lost to Vanderbilt and they lost to Alabama and they lost to Georgia and they lost to Tennessee and they lost to Cal and they lost to UCLA and they lost to Notre Dame and they lost to Michigan and they lost to Appalachian State which proves that you better be glad that you didn't schedule the Mountaineers this year!!! (ok, that was tongue in cheek!) This is just a long way of saying that anything has happened in college football and I am just as worried about MSU as I am you this year!

Here is to a great game between two old foes. I will be glad when LSU fans can get over the fact that we hired the Miami Dolphins football coach. Hell, you would too if you had the chance, let's be honest. I really didn't care what LSU fans thought when we hired him. I still don't.

bayoulsucajun said:

...see Kentucky.

252BAMA said:
bayoulsucajun said:
252BAMA said:
You are 15 years too late. We heard all of that from Miami in 1992.

That makes no sense. None of the reasons are the same as they have to do with coaching and player personnel that was not playing for either team in the 992 game

Same story, different actors and players. Actually you are 54 years and 10 months late for me. I heard the same story from Syracuse in December 1952. Check out the 1/1/1953 Orange Bowl score in the link below. The big bad "Beast of the East" was going to show those little boys from Alabama how to play football.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin...rt=1869&end=2006&team1=Alabama&team2=Syracuse

Ooh! ooh! My turn to counter.

#1) These coaches have no history against each other, so what is this assessment based upon? Feelings? Feelings are for girls. (BTW, what are you predicting the outcome with be when Major "arrives" as you imply is coming? Do you hear a clock ticking?)

#2) Bama's D is all about speed. "Runners and hitters" as Joe Kines called them. We have a former WR at DE for Heaven's sake. (Who the heck is the noone kid on Bama's D that you say can catch your guy?)

#3) "Bye" the way, you're not playing VT, or in a bowl game, so get relevant. Its Saban's Bama in Bryant-Denny. And if you have not noticed, we are coming off a Bye week as well.

#4) Our team "feels" overconfident? Really? You have polled the Tide so that you can speak to what they think? I suspect your pulling points out of you arse. Further more, what the fans think does not determine a game, or else every home team would win.

#5 AND #6) These statements are just stupid because they have absolutely no impact on the game which makes me wonder if you came up two points short on your attempt to reach ten.

#7) Two points; one, what player on the field does not have something to prove? Second, needing to prove that you are not overrated does not mean that its not true.

#8) bayoulsucajun meet Javier. Javier meet bayoulsucajun. In football, both teams have returners, and our guy ain't bad.

#9) Point one; "better lately" means "not good" has been part of your game. Point two; committees may be nice, but only one can run the ball at a time. (And our committee ain't bad either). Point three; Maybe you remember a young Bama RB named Shaun Alexander running wild in Baton Rouge. Well this former All-American and NFL MVP just had his Freshman TD record broken by one of our "committee".

#10) Are you serious about posting an argument that is based on "...LOOKS like he FEELS BETTER..."? When playing a Bama team that has two healthy players that each won a National Offensive Player of the Week award last week (our QB and WR), a healthy All-American OL, a healthy record setting RB, the Nation's Freshman Defensive player of the week, and they all have two weeks to prepare as well, your argument is simply silly and weak.

Taken in sum, the most impressive part of your argument is that you counted to ten.

Back
Top Bottom