| LIFE đźŹ•ď¸Ź You have to camp alone in one of these 3 places for a full week, pick which one…

Speaking of food while camping, is this weird? Any other time, breakfast is my least favorite meal in most every case... not to say I don't enjoy a good breakfast, I do, but I can go without it every day and it won't bother me. But camping, it's my favorite meal. Dinner is great, but an early morning with eggs, bacon, grits, and such... outside with that nip in the air... that's just hard to top. Zero chance I could skip breakfast while camping and be ok about it.
The best aroma you will ever have at a campfire.

A corn on the cob. Still in the husk, but you pack REAL butter and hot sauce inside. Wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil...and let it sit next to the fire. I kid you not...we were a quarter of a mile away from the fire and could smell it cooking.

Breakfast, while camping. Dude. The rules of the world change. Do you know what you are going to eat before the day starts? I don't.

I'm reminded of a Friday. Tracy and I went to the grocery store at six...just to buy beer and ice. BUT, we had beer can chicken with scrambled eggs off of the fire. (You are burning hair off of your arms scrambling eggs kind of thing.)

Point being..."dynamics" can change everything.

IF there is no crying in baseball, there are no rules for food and camping.

No way. Although challenge has always been a component of each trip, enjoyment takes priority.
Yeah I can understand that. I think I would've liked to have tried it in my younger years just to see how long i could make it. It wouldn't be for enjoyment for sure, strictly a challenge. I could challenge myself i guess but not sure my wife would buy that I was going to go see how long I could stay in the woods by myself and leave her with the kids.

Back
Top Bottom