| FTBL Yet Another Negative Article Re: the Barn

bama alum

How much will it cost the barn to fire Malzahn after this season?

In case you needed further evidence that the Auburn football program is in a tailspin, look no further than just how much Alabama has dominated their in-state rivals on the recruiting trail.

Alabama has pulled in a cool 13 ESPN300 recruits this cycle, while their rival an hour away only have two.

Even when Auburn was getting walloped by the best of the SEC, Gus Malzahn used to hang his hat on the ability to pull in top talent. With that gone, Malzahn's flaws as a coach have been exposed.

Despite being an alleged offensive genus, his high school, popgun offense has been resoundingly stamped down into the dirt by SEC defensive coordinators. This has scared away the best talent the South has to offer, relegating Auburn to second class status in the SEC West.

The best way for Auburn to get back to their championship level is to kick Malzahn's rear end out of town and bring in someone who can bring in elite talent. Too bad they just signed him to an extension. Auburn should not be going 8-5 every season.

Don't be surprised if H. Freeze is HC at the barn next year.

ya know...i could actually see that happening. they're made for each other. he's sleazy, auburn's sleazy...it's a match made in some sleazy, rent-by-the-hour, side of the road, motel where there's more drug deals than sleeping.

ya know...i could actually see that happening. they're made for each other. he's sleazy, auburn's sleazy...it's a match made in some sleazy, rent-by-the-hour, side of the road, motel where there's more drug deals than sleeping.

They desperately want someone who can beat Saban and he is one of the very few who has done it.

Don't be surprised if they make a run at Dabo or one of his cronies.

Allen Greene is the unknown for me, if it were Jay Jacobs...then I'd agree on Hugh.

I saw a tweet where Allen, Bruce, Gus were supporting the Butch and the baseball team. I couldn't help but wonder what Gus was thinking being there with Bruce and Butch making it as deep as they did this year. But then I remember, Gus is getting PAID...but you gotta know deep down he doesn't want to be playing 3rd fiddle to these two.

A quick look and you can see that the barners are usually near the top 10 in recruiting since the gus bus has been there. Is that really that much different than what the barn usually does talent wise in their history? I see a lot of excellent football players at most positions this year as well. The breaking point seems to be the inconsistencies they always have with their offense. They've reinvented the wheel so many times in the past few years alone. Gus is taking over the offensive reigns again this season, so he had better make it a good one.

Guz has to depend on Nix to get him 9 wins this season otherwise he might get the shaft....then again Guz already owns the gold mine with his contract. Nobody hates the cow college more than I but don't underestimate that bunch. That would be a mistake. Kevin Steele and his defense are going to have to come up big this season if the barn is to get to 9 wins. I have them at 8 for the regular season.

Don't be surprised if they make a run at Dabo or one of his cronies.

Allen Greene is the unknown for me, if it were Jay Jacobs...then I'd agree on Hugh.

I saw a tweet where Allen, Bruce, Gus were supporting the Butch and the baseball team. I couldn't help but wonder what Gus was thinking being there with Bruce and Butch making it as deep as they did this year. But then I remember, Gus is getting PAID...but you gotta know deep down he doesn't want to be playing 3rd fiddle to these two.

I don't think Dabo wants those kinds of problems in any way, shape or form lol I also think he has better sense.

Maybe this isn't new news, but I just saw on the news that barner prez Steven Leath, the guy Jimmy Sexton conned into that huge contract, had resigned.

If Nix doesn't come up with a major SEC win this year, maybe two, Gus and his family probably should start packing.

So....... this is dilemma.....
we don't want Gus gone
We don't want to pull fo AU
But if AU doesn't get a few Ws .......
And if anybody admits they want AU at 8-9 Ws they will be given them "Funniemaine" treatment...... shudder...no body wants that.....
On another note..... @#80 ..... what does SMDH mean? I like to know......who is fer me and who is agin me!

So....... this is dilemma.....
we don't want Gus gone
We don't want to pull fo AU
But if AU doesn't get a few Ws .......
And if anybody admits they want AU at 8-9 Ws they will be given them "Funniemaine" treatment...... shudder...no body wants that.....
On another note..... @#80 ..... what does SMDH mean? I like to know......who is fer me and who is agin me!
shake my damn head...……….I think

oh and F auburn

the barn fired their President on Friday...he gone

if anybody admits they want AU at 8-9 Ws
The ONLY reason I'd want Auburn to win ANY game is if I have money on them. Otherwise, let 'em lose 'em all.

What their football team will do in the season versus openly supporting their basketball team in their run last season. I'm seeing a line of distinction here.

All that said ... I didn't mind see UT win against AU last season. One doesn't have to root for one or the other to enjoy watching their meltdown(s.) No matter how its sliced that was a bad loss.

Gus has beaten Saban twice, right? 2010 (phenom at QB) and 2013 (a season with two very lucky breaks for Auburn.)
Hugh has beaten Saban twice, right? And again, one of those wins was a game that had a lot of lucky breaks for Ole Miss.

In the end? FAuburn.

Back
Top Bottom