| FTBL Yet Another Negative Article Re: the Barn

The ONLY reason I'd want Auburn to win ANY game is if I have money on them. Otherwise, let 'em lose 'em all.

What their football team will do in the season versus openly supporting their basketball team in their run last season. I'm seeing a line of distinction here.

Based on everything.....the "funniemaine" complex is....you pull for AU....you get Funniemained"
I...for one....do not believe in such.... then again...i dont pull for AU in anything...

How much will it cost the barn to fire Malzahn after this season?

View attachment 11526

In case you needed further evidence that the Auburn football program is in a tailspin, look no further than just how much Alabama has dominated their in-state rivals on the recruiting trail.

Alabama has pulled in a cool 13 ESPN300 recruits this cycle, while their rival an hour away only have two.

Even when Auburn was getting walloped by the best of the SEC, Gus Malzahn used to hang his hat on the ability to pull in top talent. With that gone, Malzahn's flaws as a coach have been exposed.

Despite being an alleged offensive genus, his high school, popgun offense has been resoundingly stamped down into the dirt by SEC defensive coordinators. This has scared away the best talent the South has to offer, relegating Auburn to second class status in the SEC West.

The best way for Auburn to get back to their championship level is to kick Malzahn's rear end out of town and bring in someone who can bring in elite talent. Too bad they just signed him to an extension. Auburn should not be going 8-5 every season.

Didn't you forget? It was Him that won that NC with Scam! Well most of the braners fan were saying?

Gus has beaten Saban twice, right? 2010 (phenom at QB) and 2013 (a season with two very lucky breaks for Auburn.)
Hugh has beaten Saban twice, right? And again, one of those wins was a game that had a lot of lucky breaks for Ole Miss.

In the end? FAuburn.
The two times that the broken down bus beat Saban were 2013 and 2017. He was only the OC in 2010. The 2010 win (albeit, that was under cheese whiz) ONLY happened because of a once in a lifetime QB. The 2013 win happened because everything fell into place for auburn all season long. They caught breaks against Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M and of course, us and Georgia. The 2017 win was different. As much as I hate to admit it, no luck was needed that day. They just flat won. However, in going back and re-watching highlights of that game, our guys more or less no showed. In looking at our sideline and comparing it to last season in the IB in Tuscaloosa, the players looked like they just didn't want to be there in the 2017 game. That will get you beat just about every time.

while i'd love to just beat the bejeezus out of auburn every single year and keep them in a deep, deep depression, i'd much rather win the sec and national championships...even if it meant losing to them every so often.

don't get me wrong, i absolutely LOATHE them....but i much prefer winning the conference and the country vs. just one game during the regular season....even against our most heated rival.

I said when Arkansas came calling a couple years ago, that Malzahn should have jumped at it. He did get paid to stay at Auburn, but he is on a very very short leash. He had at least 4 years of coaching at Arky before his seat would get remotely warm. He would be able to win 8 games there pretty consistently and coach until he wanted to retire. He will be out at Auburn, sooner, as opposed to later.

With the influx of new coaches, the SEC feels very competitive as is. I would love for gus to stay put along with special ed for as long as possible. There are new ADs at both schools and I'd hate for either to accidentally hit the lotto.

I said when Arkansas came calling a couple years ago, that Malzahn should have jumped at it. He did get paid to stay at Auburn, but he is on a very very short leash. He had at least 4 years of coaching at Arky before his seat would get remotely warm. He would be able to win 8 games there pretty consistently and coach until he wanted to retire. He will be out at Auburn, sooner, as opposed to later.

But with an increase in pay comes an increase in buyout. Malzahn was smart. Auburn was stupid.

Back
Top Bottom