| FTBL Would you want Bama to play Hawaii regularly?

Would you want Bama to play Hawaii regularly?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if we win...

• I'm too poor to fly to Hawaii all the time!

• We need somebody to replace So. Miss on the schedule.

• Total voters
Yes and no.

Yes because Hawaii fans from what I have seen are some of the classiest and respectful out there and its a great road trip for the players.

No because its an Expensive road trip for the players and school and fans and Hawaii is no help to the SOS.

So weighing the options, ... I lean yes.

I would say yes if we were still on probation. It was a great idea for them to get a "Hawaii Bowl" type game. Just need to move on and reschedule other non conference games however.

ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
Yes and no.

Yes because Hawaii fans from what I have seen are some of the classiest and respectful out there and its a great road trip for the players.

No because its an Expensive road trip for the players and school and fans and Hawaii is no help to the SOS.

So weighing the options, ... I lean yes.
if it was a 3 home to 1 road ratio, I would love it. For the reasons stated above of course. I do think Hawaii is about the same for SOS though as Sou. Miss. My only disagreement. I feel Sou miss should have been droped long before now so we could play 1 big team a year.

I think I would be ok with maybe a 2 for 1 series once every 5 years. Going all the way out to Hawaii more often than that would cause problems seeing as they are 4 hours ahead and it takes the better part of a day to get there. That would be a logistical nightmare to handle on any consistent basis.

Also, after a few of these 2 for 1 series then Hawaii would probably start looking for more equal ground as they grew. I don't know how long the series could actually last.

I voted "only if we win". :D Seriously, that would be a nice trip for the team if you do like a home and home every couple of years or so. Going to Hawaii once every 3 or 4 years would be something like a bowl game atmosphere for the kids and would be a nice experience I'm sure.

Bamalee1 said:
Lets just blow them out to the tune of about 47-10 , and send them back t to the island and forget about them

They will be alot tougher then you might think. Although I wouldn't mind that, It seems a tad out of reach.

Tider27 said:
Bamalee1 said:
Lets just blow them out to the tune of about 47-10 , and send them back t to the island and forget about them

They will be alot tougher then you might think. Although I wouldn't mind that, It seems a tad out of reach.
i know we will be new on defensive and young on offense, but they are traveling across the country, their defense stunk last yr ,and they lost most of them. I look for a little fight early , but then our young line a good backs run it down their throat and with the southern heat we have blowout by middle of second quarter, Warriors may score more than 10 later in the game however due to Bama playing a lot of subs.

After thinking about this, I think it'd be great for the following reasons in no particular order:

1. Man, what a recruiting tool it would be. Son, you'll be able to go to HI twice, maybe three times as a Player 8) !

2. Branches off first point, encourages a kid to redshirt or stay in the program longer to go to HI (kinda weak but helps).

3. Offers quite a contrast in playing styles to meet to learn how to defend different attacts that are out there.

4. Keeps the WAC in perspective & raises the level of respect for SEC (saying that things go our way :wink:). But it could bite us.

5. Maintains an interest on the National scale to watch due to the vast time zones these teams hold between them.

6. Give my wife a reason to go to a BAMA game & spend alot of money since we're going to HI. That'd be sweet!!

If we don't play them every year we could play them every other year rotating each home game.

No.

To far to far to travel on that regular of a basis without it being a BCS conference team.

Now, if it would be something like Gecko said and an every other year thing where Bama only traveled out there once every four years , that would be fine. And it could be used as a recruiting tool.

The only reason I would consider this is to help our defense prepare for teams like the gaterds with their spread option crap... I think they throw it more than anyone and our defense needs the experience and the road trip to hawaii is not a bad experience at all....

Back
Top Bottom