| FTBL Would we ever alter our uniform...

Porter said:
TerryP said:
ghice said:
Swamptick said:
Ah the yearly "Should we change our uniforms" topic.

NO.

:lol: When I joined Jan/Feb of last year, I thought ya'll were jokin'

Coming to a message board near you...

What the coach wears during the game thread.
Is Dreamland all it's cracked up to be.
The Curry years.

Not to be seen this year...they should go back to Coke at BDS. Of course, we might have someone start that thread that doesn't realize/know the change has been made.

You left out one:

"The grass at Bryant-Denny looks horrible!"

It was re-sodded yesterday FWIW...

TerryP said:
Porter said:
TerryP said:
ghice said:
Swamptick said:
Ah the yearly "Should we change our uniforms" topic.

NO.

:lol: When I joined Jan/Feb of last year, I thought ya'll were jokin'

Coming to a message board near you...

What the coach wears during the game thread.
Is Dreamland all it's cracked up to be.
The Curry years.

Not to be seen this year...they should go back to Coke at BDS. Of course, we might have someone start that thread that doesn't realize/know the change has been made.

You left out one:

"The grass at Bryant-Denny looks horrible!"

It was re-sodded yesterday FWIW...

Yep, so expect the threads to pop up soon. :lol:

It Takes Eleven said:
I'm okay with throwback uniforms...cheerleading, that is. Sela Ward was a cutie.

bamacheers1.jpg

thank you so much, Tim.

superjoe said:
NO!!!!!!!!! The only acceptable change would be wear Crimson pants with the away uniform.

I like that idea. I think Crimson pants would look good with the away jersey. Oh by the way......Hey BamaFan, any thought to changing your signature? :lol:

TigerBait3 said:
Here is what happens when you change things.

Hint: Dont do it (though I do like our helmets).

Independence971.jpg
[/img]

I really like those white helmets you guys wore. As for Bama, heck no....the crimson helmets are here to stay. I love our uniforms, my favorite is our away uniforms. Im with the other guy who said he would "lose his lunch" if we wore crimson pants.
;pu

I too like to see topics like this discussed. It shows that the fan base is engaged in the program, cares about it, and is looking for something better.

That said, just like everything else uniforms have become a recruiting and marketing factor. I recall comments about how the players liked having their names on their jerseys when we made that change. (I personally like them without it.)

At the same time, there are a few uniforms that are Iconic to College football. Alabama's is arguably one of those. In those cases, particularly when paired with a legacy of success like Alabama's, a school needs to be careful not to lose what is has been gained.

Middle ground. There are things that can be done that will mean staying true to you past while keeping up with the times. Like Oklahoma, the Crimson helmets can be colored with a metallic finish vice the dull matte finish of today. The jerseys can be made of the shiny fabric that is common place.

One advantage that we can do, and which would be made more clear with the changes listed above is to have the throw-back games with the uniforms of the championship seasons...which is yet another way to stress our legacy. This is an option virtually no one else has. There are variants with Crimson helmets and white helmets, black shoes and white shoes, names and no names....

my 2 cents

LBS said:
I too like to see topics like this discussed. It shows that the fan base is engaged in the program, cares about it, and is looking for something better.

That said, just like everything else uniforms have become a recruiting and marketing factor. I recall comments about how the players liked having their names on their jerseys when we made that change. (I personally like them without it.)

At the same time, there are a few uniforms that are Iconic to College football. Alabama's is arguably one of those. In those cases, particularly when paired with a legacy of success like Alabama's, a school needs to be careful not to lose what is has been gained.

Middle ground. There are things that can be done that will mean staying true to you past while keeping up with the times. Like Oklahoma, the Crimson helmets can be colored with a metallic finish vice the dull matte finish of today. The jerseys can be made of the shiny fabric that is common place.

One advantage that we can do, and which would be made more clear with the changes listed above is to have the throw-back games with the uniforms of the championship seasons...which is yet another way to stress our legacy. This is an option virtually no one else has. There are variants with Crimson helmets and white helmets, black shoes and white shoes, names and no names....

my 2 cents

I could get behind this idea. Specifically, when we play Penn State. Back in '84 we did play PSU and at that time we wore white helmets on away games. In this case, if we did a throw back game, I could see it fitting well when PSU visits BDS.

Kevin4Bama said:
LBS said:
One advantage that we can do, and which would be made more clear with the changes listed above is to have the throw-back games with the uniforms of the championship seasons

How about we start with this one? :lol:

1931rosebowl.jpg

LOL. Does one in T.Cody's size even exsist? Or even the rest of the monsters on the team? lol. :D

jocephus8179 said:
Kevin4Bama said:
LBS said:
One advantage that we can do, and which would be made more clear with the changes listed above is to have the throw-back games with the uniforms of the championship seasons

How about we start with this one? :lol:

1931rosebowl.jpg

LOL. Does one in T.Cody's size even exsist? Or even the rest of the monsters on the team? lol. :D
And afterwards we could use it to hold a tent sale.

Bama Bo said:
The only thing I'd want to change is Crimson pants when the road whites are worn and to get the numbers off the helmets. Either have the helmets just plain crimson with a white stripe or put the Script A or the Circled Script A on the sides.
"GET THE NUMBERS OFF THE HELMETS"?!?!? BLASPHEMER!!!!

I'm not totally against a uniform change. I mean I'm fine if they stay the same, but it wouldn't kill me if they changed. I personally wouldn't be against the "circle A" on the helmets. But, that will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom