| ADMIN Will a few of you guys take a minute and answer a couple of questions for me...I need some reference that only you can provide.

TerryP

Staff
As I'm talking with @planomateo and @doemasters yesterday, Matt mentions he's mobile and having a problem. So, I check my phone, run a quick test, and all's good on my end.

As it turns out, when Matt is accessing the site (mobile) the url he's entering is www.rolltidebama.com to access the site. I, on the other hand, have my browsers synced mobile/PC/laptop and always use www.rolltidebama.com/forum —saved in my toolbar. Interestingly enough Matt has a shortcut on his home screen straight to the site (speed dial icon set.)

I'm curious as to how you guys "land" here. Through which actual address?

.com

OR...

/forum

Is there a difference in how you access the site depending on which device you're using?

Thanks for the feedback, guys...'preciate the help.

I use rolltidebama.com and it was not allowing the site to come up for a few days. I was mentally lost for those two days without all y'all by the way.

So I decided to go to Google and type in rolltidebama and the first thing that popped up was the forums link so when I clicked that it came up finally.

Today when I typed in rolltidebama.com it directed me to rolltidebama.com/forums.

Terry. I aint the smartest on these things....
Maybe everybody else same way...and i don’t understand the process...
Goggle. RollTideBama. Fansite .
On ipad and Same on iphone 8....both are unlimited data...
Maybe this is same or others have better way...

@Krimson, @Elderfalsedemigod, @Justneedme81, @PhillyGirl, @UAgrad93,

You "dot.com'rs" shouldn't have had any issues. It's frustrated us the last few days due to things our host ... well, let's just put it this way, "things the host didn't do correctly."

I've had a mental image of our host/server supplier that resembles ...

giphy.gif

...literally, a series of asking them "where's this file" because they didn't build the framework for upgrading PHP correctly.

Now...this all brings up the possibility of the need for a landing page for .com instead of a redirect ... but a home/landing page is something I've not used here since the summer of 2014 when we left vBulletin to migrate to Xenforo.

FWIW, everything looks to be right on the brink of being cleared up.

Terry. I aint the smartest on these things....
Maybe everybody else same way...and i don’t understand the process...
Goggle. RollTideBama. Fansite .
On ipad and Same on iphone 8....both are unlimited data...
Maybe this is same or others have better way...
So, if I understand you correctly, you get here by going to Google's home page and typing in rolltidebama...then, following the links from there?

I'm a bookmarks within folders kind of guy for what I keep track on on the 'net...

b.jpg

Interestingly enough Matt has a shortcut on his home screen straight to the site (speed dial icon set.)
Whoa we have an app now?
See above ... and below
No ma'am, not that I'm aware of. If you use chrome you can put a shortcut on your home screen. Lightening quick.
Just in case someone has missed this before ...

It's our opinion there's no need for a RTB app. Sure, it would be nice, but it would also mean we're spending more money for something that does little to improve the user interface.

Going back to the early part of this decade...maybe a tad earlier...we've been building things here that are all responsive. In other words, every page and feature is designed to recognize what device you're using and change what's rendered based on your device. As example, we're currently running four different versions of the Editor/Code Management (the reply area.)

@planomateo and @XXL TideFan are both using simple shortcuts within their devices. A simple Google search "How to install shortcut on Android/iPhone/laptop/desktop" using icons can walk you through that quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom