| FTBL Why NFL scouts believe it’s now far from out of the question that Jalen Milroe could end up being a first-round draft pick:

I've thought about this earlier this year, but I really think Milroe could move up to a High 1st round pick if he stays another year and continues to develop. With NIL that isn't necessarily out of the question of him doing something like that, especially if he's not graded 1st round by the years end. Will be interesting to see how things develop for him... I'm sure it would create a bit of a shake up in our QB room if he ended coming back another year... but I currently think that's a pretty small chance.

He's not coming back. The Tennessee game will be a game to watch.
I would agree, but I think I saw where he is making somewhere around 3.5 mil in NIL?

What does a 2nd round pick make? Somewhere around 2 mil a year (which includes signing bonus) ?
How much would it mean if he moves from 2nd round to 1st round in money?

I think a lot will come down to where he grades out. If it's 1st round I'd expect him gone. 2nd round gets a bit more interesting now with NIL. You can stay another year and earn good bank and if you can move from the 33 pick the 16th pick you just about double your money.

If I read the contracts right... the 33rd pick in 2024 draft gets: $840k salary 1st year along with a 4.2mil signing bonus. That's only 5 mil the 1st year. Total compensation for the 4 year contract with Signing bonus is $10.5 mil. 16th pick is $ 840k 1st year salary, 8.8 mil signing with a total 4 year compensation of 16.8 mil.

I mean... if I'm that kid and I'm rated High 2nd round and I'm pulling 3.5 mil or more in NIL. Take out some insurance and stay a year would be a no brainer. Especially with all the young talent on our team.

Last edited:
I've been paying attention what you are saying, and I realized that Milroe is something special and he's continuing to get better each game and we can clearly see it.
I agree... if you go back and watch the uGA game and break it down... he makes some great reads. Ones he never would have seen or got to in progression last year. It's like the game is slowing down for him. So good to see.

I didn’t read the article, but based on the tweet alone, nothing has changed since last season. Meaning, it was never "far from out of the question", In fact, it was expected, well before he even took a snap this year. People that don't have me on ignore (not that I blame them), are probably aware.

Back
Top Bottom