| FTBL Jalen Carter From Georgia, Potential Top NFL Pick Involved In Crash That Killed Teammate

BamaFan334

Well, a little more news on the crash that killed to University of Georgia student athletes. It's now being shared that Jalen Carter, potential top NFL Draft Pick was street racing with that car before it lost control and ran off the road. Boy, you hate hearing this, but it will be very interesting how to media handles this after seeing how they handled the Brandon Miller news. Hate it, but I feel like he could be in a lot of trouble here. This sounds a lot like the Ruggs incident, without the alcohol, but still a high speed incident that killed someone.

Well, a little more news on the crash that killed to University of Georgia student athletes. It's now being shared that Jalen Carter, potential top NFL Draft Pick was street racing with that car before it lost control and ran off the road. Boy, you hate hearing this, but it will be very interesting how to media handles this after seeing how they handled the Brandon Miller news. Hate it, but I feel like he could be in a lot of trouble here. This sounds a lot like the Ruggs incident, without the alcohol, but still a high speed incident that killed someone.

To give you an idea of how well this was kept quiet until the AJC got a hold of it, Josh Pate (who is as plugged into the SEC as anyone), fired off this sarcastic tweet just 36 hours ago (in reference to those like McShay who have openly talked about rumors of character issues with Carter).

As a side note, this street racing stuff is becoming a big issue all over the place.

To give you an idea of how well this was kept quiet until the AJC got a hold of it, Josh Pate (who is as plugged into the SEC as anyone), fired off this sarcastic tweet just 36 hours ago (in reference to those like McShay who have openly talked about rumors of character issues with Carter).

As a side note, this street racing stuff is becoming a big issue all over the place.

So you say sarcastic. Is he saying he did not have character issues or that he knew about his involvement and how Georgia and everyone else was trying to keep him out of this mess with the wreck?

So you say sarcastic. Is he saying he did not have character issues or that he knew about his involvement and how Georgia and everyone else was trying to keep him out of this mess with the wreck?

He was on the side that the leaks of character issues were not accurate, or at least unfair. I think McShay was the first to bring it up, but it was months ago, and Pate defended Carter at the time. So he made that joke the other night before heading to Indy. And I'm a big fan of Pate, so this isn't a shot at the guy... just more pointing out how quietly this was handled by authorities (which is good, IMO).

Bad situation, but it takes two to race.

He was on the side that the leaks of character issues were not accurate, or at least unfair. I think McShay was the first to bring it up, but it was months ago, and Pate defended Carter at the time. So he made that joke the other night before heading to Indy. And I'm a big fan of Pate, so this isn't a shot at the guy... just more pointing out how quietly this was handled by authorities (which is good, IMO).
I’m of the opinion that this isn’t a character issue, terrible accident yes, but not a character issue

I’m of the opinion that this isn’t a character issue, terrible accident yes, but not a character issue

I would say his actions following the crash is what lends credence to possible character issues. Personally, I don't care much either way... but I very seriously doubt Pate would have tweeted what he did had he known this news was coming out.

This is a blatant disregard for the safety of others. It's certainly sociopathic. Character is defined by moral and mental qualities.

“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition, and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that LeCroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”

This fully explains the article about him paying for the lunch of a walk-on in the process of all of this going on behind the scenes.

I don't like the word accident here because you know what can happen and when you make the decision to street race at high speeds in Athens, Georgia. You know the dangers. Unintended consequence to me better suits these kind of decisions, much like Ruggs. I also don't see how you can't say it isn't a character issue when you know the consequences, are a Top 5 pick in the Draft in a couple month's time, and then you still decide to do this, leave the scene of the accident involving your "friends". It shows everything you need to know about his character. Stetson Bennett getting drunk in public, I don't consider that a character issue as more than a stupid decision. Driving at high speeds in a college town with almost zero straight streets around that campus and taking off before the first responders get there is nothing but character issues.

This fully explains the article about him paying for the lunch of a walk-on in the process of all of this going on behind the scenes.

I don't like the word accident here because you know what can happen and when you make the decision to street race at high speeds in Athens, Georgia. You know the dangers. Unintended consequence to me better suits these kind of decisions, much like Ruggs. I also don't see how you can't say it isn't a character issue when you know the consequences, are a Top 5 pick in the Draft in a couple month's time, and then you still decide to do this, leave the scene of the accident involving your "friends". It shows everything you need to know about his character. Stetson Bennett getting drunk in public, I don't consider that a character issue as more than a stupid decision. Driving at high speeds in a college town with almost zero straight streets around that campus and taking off before the first responders get there is nothing but character issues.
Completely agree. Leaving the scene without notifying law enforcement is a huge red flag in the character department.

Got up over 100mph just before the crash. Some serious speed in that area. Says he bolted before the cops got there and showed back up 2 hours later. I’d say he’s very fortunate to not have been tested for BAL.

Side note, a teammate is deceased in a wreck, another injured and 2 associates critically injured (one so much that she died soon after) and you bolt? Character? There’s a data point.

Got up over 100mph just before the crash. Some serious speed in that area. Says he bolted before the cops got there and showed back up 2 hours later. I’d say he’s very fortunate to not have been tested for BAL.

Side note, a teammate is deceased in a wreck, another injured and 2 associates critically injured (one so much that she died soon after) and you bolt? Character? There’s a data point.
It's a serious character even if he didn't know who was in the other vehicle.

One bad decision doesn’t lead to character issues unless you’re saying every single one of us has shitty character issues

This is a blatant disregard for the safety of others. It's certainly sociopathic. Character is defined by moral and mental qualities.

“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition, and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that LeCroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”
One bad decision doesn’t lead me to paint somebody as “character issue” unless every single one of us has character issues

One bad decision doesn’t lead to character issues unless you’re saying every single one of us has shitty character issues

Depends on the decision. Robbing a bank and trying to jump across a creek with an alligator in it are two different kinds of bad decisions.

this wasn't one bad decision, it was multiple. Alcohol had something to do with it, bad decisions one, street racing and passing other cars in the process, bad decision two, leaving the scene of an accident you caused with your actions that involves your friends, bad decision three. I think those are red flags for anyone. He'll most likely be going to jail if they have arrest warrants on him.

Back
Top Bottom